Author Topic: It did not work at the begining of the season, but...  (Read 1999 times)

It did not work at the begining of the season, but...
« on: April 17, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
….maybe it works now.

Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford.

Re: It did not work at the begining of the season, but...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 10:13:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I personally still prefer Horford and Baynes.

Except Baynes barely played tonight and I have no idea why.

Having Baynes really helped in game 1 with 9 rebounds and frees up Al to play his natural position.

Theis filled in admirably and tonight, while Horford may not have stuffed the stat sheet, his defense in the first two games has been killer (not to mention he's battling an illness.)

Also, Morris needs to have his minutes severely cut and Hayward needs to stop turning the ball over. I know Morris was great in game 1, but he almost lost the game for us tonight.

I am at the point where I'd almost rather see Ojeleye than Morris.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 10:54:33 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Having Baynes really helped in game 1 with 9 rebounds and frees up Al to play his natural position.

Theis filled in admirably and tonight, while Horford may not have stuffed the stat sheet, his defense in the first two games has been killer (not to mention he's battling an illness.)

Also, Morris needs to have his minutes severely cut and Hayward needs to stop turning the ball over. I know Morris was great in game 1, but he almost lost the game for us tonight.

It's pretty obvious the guy's playing hurt.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 11:03:01 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

I don’t think baynes will or should be in the closing lineup.  We need five guys that score.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 11:06:12 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Then priority number one this summer needs to be to find a center that can stay on the court.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 11:07:39 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I don’t think baynes will or should be in the closing lineup.  We need five guys that score.

I don't know. I just think having a big to protect the rim and the paint is so important. Al can't be put in that situation because it's not fair to him. He's so much more effective as a power forward.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 11:07:43 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Then priority number one this summer needs to be to find a center that can stay on the court.
I’d priority number one is to play out the rest of the playoff games.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 11:19:20 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Well, um, yeah. No one is looking for players that are perpetually injured. Baynes played 81 games last year, no one could've predicted that injuries would be such a problem for him this season. But injuries are a part of basketball.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 12:45:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I like starting the two bigs together, especially when Horford is under the weather.

That being said, starting Horford alone makes sense in this matchup in particular. Most of Turner's offence comes from the outside, and having a big man who can bring Turner away from the ring theoretically is a very good thing. Baynes is also well-suited to bang with Sabonis down low.

However, against the Bucks I think both bigs have to start. Tatum/Brown/Hayward simply cannot be asked to cover the 7 foot splash brother that is Brook Lopez
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 01:31:59 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I like starting the two bigs together, especially when Horford is under the weather.

That being said, starting Horford alone makes sense in this matchup in particular. Most of Turner's offence comes from the outside, and having a big man who can bring Turner away from the ring theoretically is a very good thing. Baynes is also well-suited to bang with Sabonis down low.

However, against the Bucks I think both bigs have to start. Tatum/Brown/Hayward simply cannot be asked to cover the 7 foot splash brother that is Brook Lopez

Excellent analysis.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 06:34:26 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I like Baynes and Horford starting. At this point, I'm not in favor of Brown and Tatum on the floor at the same time. They're just too similar in their faults.

Al was ill. Baynes once again looks injured. I'm skeptical signing Baynes for next year because this year it has been one injury after another. It might be a fluke...might not.