Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 366760 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #1530 on: December 15, 2018, 08:49:48 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
wow. indiana just buried the sixers in the second half of their game, outscoring them 64 to 42.  :o

philly has 11 losses now, one more than our beloved celtics. ;D
without Butler and even Fultz they are very thin on depth
Ummmm....even with Butler and Fultz they are very thin on depth.
Definitely.  They need a replacement for Covington in the starting lineup and a couple solid "playoff caliber" bench players. 

« Reply #1531 on: December 15, 2018, 09:07:54 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
wow. indiana just buried the sixers in the second half of their game, outscoring them 64 to 42.  :o

Definitely.  They need a replacement for Covington in the starting lineup and a couple solid "playoff caliber" bench players.

I agree.  They don’t seem very deep, and in IMO the future of their team is still shaky.  Butler has only played in more than 70 games one season in the last 5 years.  If they commit to a max deal this offseason how will that look as he goes into his 30’s?  Reddick is already 34.  Chandler at 31 seems like only a short term fix as a rotational wing.  Will Embied’s health hold up?  What is going on to happen with Fultz?  Lots of questions.  They are top heavy with talent for sure but the situation still seems a little fragile to me.

« Reply #1532 on: December 15, 2018, 10:25:17 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Agreed.

Their 5th starter (Chandler) would assume the Semi minutes, which means not part of the rotation. They have a C's castoff as there backup center. How many of their 5-15 guys even make our 1-14 roster. I exclude Bird for obvious reasons.

« Reply #1533 on: December 15, 2018, 10:26:55 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I agree.  They don’t seem very deep, and in IMO the future of their team is still shaky.  Butler has only played in more than 70 games one season in the last 5 years.  If they commit to a max deal this offseason how will that look as he goes into his 30’s?  Reddick is already 34.  Chandler at 31 seems like only a short term fix as a rotational wing.  Will Embied’s health hold up?  What is going on to happen with Fultz?  Lots of questions.  They are top heavy with talent for sure but the situation still seems a little fragile to me.
To be fair, Irving has never played more than 75 games in his career and has missed large portions (or entirely) multiple playoffs and has played in less than 80% of all possible regular season games.  Horford is 32 and showing signs of slowing down, keeps getting banged up, and the team has no one even remotely capable of playing his role other than him.  Brown has shown some injury concerns with minor injuries basically every year.  Smart is always hurt (70 games just once in his career).  Hayward is coming off a devastating injury and is no where near back to his pre-injury form and may never get there.

I mean you can do that stuff with any team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1534 on: December 15, 2018, 10:33:51 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Agreed.

Their 5th starter (Chandler) would assume the Semi minutes, which means not part of the rotation. They have a C's castoff as there backup center. How many of their 5-15 guys even make our 1-14 roster. I exclude Bird for obvious reasons.
You can't really do that since salaries matter on the combined team, draft picks matter, positions matter, etc.  I mean take McConnell vs. Rozier.  Clearly the combined team only has 1 of those players and there are rational reasonable arguments for either player being the better one to have as the back-up or 3rd string PG. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1535 on: December 15, 2018, 10:38:41 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Agreed.

You can't really do that since salaries matter on the combined team, draft picks matter, positions matter, etc.  I mean take McConnell vs. Rozier.  Clearly the combined team only has 1 of those players and there are rational reasonable arguments for either player being the better one to have as the back-up or 3rd string PG.

What? I literally have no idea what you're trying to say, but I assume you're trying to put your usual anti-Boston spin on things. Especially if that means any world, or alternate universe, where you're trying to rationalize McConnell is better than Rozier.

Say it ain't so, Mo. Don't lose credibility with clear subjectivity.

« Reply #1536 on: December 15, 2018, 11:13:20 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

To be fair, Irving has never played more than 75 games in his career and has missed large portions (or entirely) multiple playoffs and has played in less than 80% of all possible regular season games.  Horford is 32 and showing signs of slowing down, keeps getting banged up, and the team has no one even remotely capable of playing his role other than him.  Brown has shown some injury concerns with minor injuries basically every year.  Smart is always hurt (70 games just once in his career).  Hayward is coming off a devastating injury and is no where near back to his pre-injury form and may never get there.

Yeah, but this thread is about Philly and their players not the Celtics. So no need for the whataboutism.

« Reply #1537 on: December 15, 2018, 02:47:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yeah, but this thread is about Philly and their players not the Celtics. So no need for the whataboutism.

I agree. It seems bizarre to me the need to try and take shots at the Celtics when someone points out issues with the 76ers. It is fair to wonder how many games butler will miss as he ages and if that becomes a bigger issue on a thin team. Saric seems very durable and I don’t remember Covington having many injuries

« Reply #1538 on: December 15, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Why do you guys think you are still obsessed with Philly... and not the raptors, bucks, warriors, any any other team that stands a decent shot of eliminating the Celtics in the playoffs?  The pacers are playing great... why no dedicated Pacers thread?

« Reply #1539 on: December 15, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Why do you guys think you are still obsessed with Philly... and not the raptors, bucks, warriors, any any other team that stands a decent shot of eliminating the Celtics in the playoffs?  The pacers are playing great... why no dedicated Pacers thread?

We don’t have any dedicated pacers supporters that are regular posters here so there are no disagreements. If someone says the pacers are playing great a few people say yeah I agree and the thread dies out. Then you add in the fact that we had a great trade with them recently and there is a lot of interest.

I will say the fultz story is so weird we would probably be interested in it even if we didn’t do the trade and he played for the clippers

« Reply #1540 on: December 15, 2018, 03:17:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I agree. It seems bizarre to me the need to try and take shots at the Celtics when someone points out issues with the 76ers. It is fair to wonder how many games butler will miss as he ages and if that becomes a bigger issue on a thin team. Saric seems very durable and I don’t remember Covington having many injuries

Is it really all that surprising? In reviewing his last 100 posts, I didn't feel like delving further, he's had 1 post that can be considered complimentary towards the C's or any C's player. Yes, one! This is it...

Pretty disrespectful to the current Celtics, especially since Davis has a long time until he is a free agent.  Might as well just have a sign that says Go Away Tatum because that is the reality if Davis is here.

I'm not even sure if that's truly complimentary or just non-critical, but regardless that's all there is. Everything else is just criticizing the team (particularly Kyrie) and talking positively about the Sixers. It's just confusing how someone can be so critical of the C's and not even sprinkle a compliment here and there, even if done so accidentally, when there is much positivity on others teams, especially the Sixers.

« Reply #1541 on: December 15, 2018, 03:35:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Is it really all that surprising? In reviewing his last 100 posts, I didn't feel like delving further, he's had 1 post that can be considered complimentary towards the C's or any C's player. Yes, one! This is it...

Pretty disrespectful to the current Celtics, especially since Davis has a long time until he is a free agent.  Might as well just have a sign that says Go Away Tatum because that is the reality if Davis is here.

I'm not even sure if that's truly complimentary or just non-critical, but regardless that's all there is. Everything else is just criticizing the team (particularly Kyrie) and talking positively about the Sixers. It's just confusing how someone can be so critical of the C's and not even sprinkle a compliment here and there, even if done so accidentally, when there is much positivity on others teams, especially the Sixers.

Interesting qualitative analysis you put together there. Will the full findings be published?

« Reply #1542 on: December 15, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Interesting qualitative analysis you put together there. Will the full findings be published?

I wish I were making it up.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=168

« Reply #1543 on: December 15, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I wish I were making it up.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=168
I went through his last 50 posts and there weren't that many that were even about the Sixers or Celtics.  Your underwhelming analysis apparently missed this pro-Celtic post from him. 

Kyrie is amazing with the ball in his hand, but Durant is such a ****.  I really can't stand him, I just hope he doesn't take Kyrie to NY with him.

Personally I find many of the rah-rah, pro-Celtic posts to be insipid and don't feel the need to contribute.  Now if this were a were a pro-Sixers blog with a lot of Celtics bashing that would be a different story. 

« Reply #1544 on: December 15, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Personally I find many of the rah-rah, pro-Celtic posts to be insipid and don't feel the need to contribute.

Think about what you're saying for a second. This is a Celtics forum, so to think you wouldn't get pro-Celtic posts is fascinating. That would be akin to expecting pro-liberal discussion on a right wing forum. If anything, I think it's odd that certain members spend so much time talking about the Sixers on a C-E-L-T-I-C-S forum.

I'm not even for 100% pro-Celtics talk. I like to be objective, but objectivity is a 2 way street. You can't find everything wrong with the C's, while thinking it's always sunny in Philly regardless of topic (Simmons' shot, Fultz' brain, Embiid's mouth, etc.).