Author Topic: 2020 Free Agency Thread  (Read 92954 times)

Re: 2020 Free Agency Thread
« Reply #480 on: November 21, 2020, 08:07:46 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1330314710584086530?s=21

I reeeeeaaaalllyyy wonder if Danny is thinking of bringing IT back. Currently our guards are Kemba, Smart, Romeo, and Pritchard. Feel like we need another vet guard off the bench to solidify that. I’d support bring IT back off the bench!

Either him or Teague would be a good get for us. I prefer Teague because he's a better defender, but I wouldn't mind having my favorite little guy back in green.

« Reply #481 on: November 21, 2020, 08:08:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1330316123410149377

KCP staying with Lakers

Good. I was not very excited about him possibly coming here

« Reply #482 on: November 21, 2020, 08:09:02 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
TT a nice upgrade at 4/5 over Kanter.  Prefer him to Milsap -- a good compliment to Theis. Not terribly tall but active - good defender.  Always (probably only in my distorted memory) seemed to play well v. the C's. 

Nice pickup.  Now get Bogdanovic and I'll have no problem with losing Hayward.

People here can ignore that Rozier was 18/4/4 last season and shot 40% from 3 if they want to.  But if they pick him up (which I doubt they will) from Charlotte it would not be a bad thing.  If Brad/Danny think he's a character detriment they won't even consider it I'm sure.

« Reply #483 on: November 21, 2020, 08:11:27 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
Has anyone heard how much Bogdanovic wants in FA? I mean he's a restricted FA so anything that's considered a "good deal" would most likely be matched by Sacramento.

« Reply #484 on: November 21, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
DIDNT SOMEONE post that Hayward would not play with Rozier because of their experience in Boston.

« Reply #485 on: November 21, 2020, 08:12:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
TT a nice upgrade at 4/5 over Kanter.  Prefer him to Milsap -- a good compliment to Theis. Not terribly tall but active - good defender.  Always (probably only in my distorted memory) seemed to play well v. the C's. 

People here can ignore that Rozier was 18/4/4 last season and shot 40% from 3 if they want to.  But if they pick him up (which I doubt they will) from Charlotte it would not be a bad thing.  If Brad/Danny think he's a character detriment they won't even consider it I'm sure.

Yeah, we need scoring off the bench.  It feels like Rozier could fill that role.  I know many on here would lose their minds if he came back.  I would be fine with it.  We need NBA level players on the bench who aren't rookies.

« Reply #486 on: November 21, 2020, 08:14:13 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
https://twitter.com/ChrisForsberg_/status/1330316129009623040

So avoiding the tax this year looks to be the plan. Is the dream route of adding Boggy via a Hayward S&T TPE still possible without getting into tax territory this year with around $18 M per?

« Reply #487 on: November 21, 2020, 08:14:16 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
so who starts?  Theis or TT?
Both!

Indeed. Rotation gets wonky if Smart starts (especially with Langford injured).
Theis can use the help on the boards.

« Reply #488 on: November 21, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

Thompson should really be able to help Theis with defense in the post. He is not easily pushed around.

They are both quick, and will be a real problem against other big men.

« Reply #489 on: November 21, 2020, 08:17:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Yeah, we need scoring off the bench.  It feels like Rozier could fill that role.  I know many on here would lose their minds if he came back.  I would be fine with it.  We need NBA level players on the bench who aren't rookies.

One of the main reasons TR had to go was he pouted on the bench.

« Reply #490 on: November 21, 2020, 08:18:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Are Thompson's two years both guareenteed?

« Reply #491 on: November 21, 2020, 08:20:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

That was ONLY because he was trying to get paid. He is getting paid now.

« Reply #492 on: November 21, 2020, 08:20:29 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

From benching behind Irving to benching behind Kemba doesn't seem attractive to Rozier, and I don't think he'll accept that situation.

« Reply #493 on: November 21, 2020, 08:22:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
there are 20 million reasons for him to be happy these days.

« Reply #494 on: November 21, 2020, 08:22:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

That was ONLY because he was trying to get paid. He is getting paid now.

I don't know about that. He was a self centered ballhog