Author Topic: 2020 Free Agency Thread  (Read 92673 times)

Re: 2020 Free Agency Thread
« Reply #435 on: November 21, 2020, 06:56:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
With Hayward gone, do we have a sudden setup to start moving pieces for Greek freak next season or off season
We still have to pay Tatum and Brown's extension is kicking in. So we'd already have two max guys in Tatum and Kemba in 2021-22, Brown on $24.8m and Smart on $14.3m. No chance we could unless we trade for him
I would try for Giannis. Move Kemba to NYK for a 1st and Frank to free up the money now. Go into this season with

Smart/ Pritchard/Waters
Nesmith/Langford/Edwards
Brown/Semi/?
Tatum/GW/?
Theis/RW/Tacko

Main rotation
Ball handlers: Smart, Pritchard, Langford/Waters
Wings: Brown, Tatum, Nesmith
Bigs: Theis, GW, RW

« Reply #436 on: November 21, 2020, 06:59:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
With Hayward gone, do we have a sudden setup to start moving pieces for Greek freak next season or off season
We still have to pay Tatum and Brown's extension is kicking in. So we'd already have two max guys in Tatum and Kemba in 2021-22, Brown on $24.8m and Smart on $14.3m. No chance we could unless we trade for him
I would try for Giannis. Move Kemba to NYK for a 1st and Frank to free up the money now. Go into this season with

Smart/ Pritchard/Waters
Nesmith/Langford/Edwards
Brown/Semi/?
Tatum/GW/?
Theis/RW/Tacko

Main rotation

What's to stop Ainge from going after Giannis in a sign and trade scenario like the Pacers did with Hayward? He can keep everyone this season and they are also very attractive targets for the Bucks in a sign and trade if Giannis tells them he's out.

« Reply #437 on: November 21, 2020, 07:02:32 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Smart/ Pritchard/Waters
Nesmith/Langford/Edwards
Brown/Semi/?
Tatum/GW/?
Theis/RW/Tacko

Main rotation

What's to stop Ainge from going after Giannis in a sign and trade scenario like the Pacers did with Hayward? He can keep everyone this season and they are also very attractive targets for the Bucks in a sign and trade if Giannis tells them he's out.
Hornets are the example of why you don't go that route.

« Reply #438 on: November 21, 2020, 07:04:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Smart/ Pritchard/Waters
Nesmith/Langford/Edwards
Brown/Semi/?
Tatum/GW/?
Theis/RW/Tacko

Main rotation

The chances of getting Giannis are not high either way. Jettisoning your core guys when you have a good team for a small shot at him this summer just doesn't sound good imo.

« Reply #439 on: November 21, 2020, 07:06:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Celtics should be seriously concerned about Tatum extending instead of even thinking they have a shot at Giannis.

« Reply #440 on: November 21, 2020, 07:07:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Celtics should be seriously concerned about Tatum extending instead of even thinking they have a shot at Giannis.

I'm a bit surprised a Tatum extension hasn't been announced by now to be honest.

« Reply #441 on: November 21, 2020, 07:12:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

I'm a bit surprised a Tatum extension hasn't been announced by now to be honest.

If I am Tatum's agent I am not re-upping. Tatum's mama looks like she would tell him to keep his options open.

« Reply #442 on: November 21, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

If I am Tatum's agent I am not re-upping. Tatum's mama looks like she would tell him to keep his options open.

He expressed concern about playing in the bubble before signing the extension in case he got injured and lost out on the money. Playing a whole season would be even riskier. Even if you might want to leave down the road, you gotta take the max deal while its there. You can always pout and demand a trade later.

« Reply #443 on: November 21, 2020, 07:15:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

He expressed concern about playing in the bubble before signing the extension in case he got injured and lost out on the money. Playing a whole season would be even riskier. Even if you might want to leave down the road, you gotta take the max deal while its there. You can always pout and demand a trade later.

well the smart money is to sign the contract... it is business after all,

« Reply #444 on: November 21, 2020, 07:19:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Lol yeah, he’s not turning down that extension. No young players like that ever do, because it’d be exceedingly stupid to and risk literally $100s of millions of dollars for them if they get injured.

Just like Mitchell in Utah, neither side is rushed to do this as they all know it’s a sure thing. Let Danny focus on improving the team in other ways for the time being.

« Reply #445 on: November 21, 2020, 07:19:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Smart/ Pritchard/Waters
Nesmith/Langford/Edwards
Brown/Semi/?
Tatum/GW/?
Theis/RW/Tacko

Main rotation

The chances of getting Giannis are not high either way. Jettisoning your core guys when you have a good team for a small shot at him this summer just doesn't sound good imo.
It doesn't. It's a ton of risk. I don't expect many to go for it unless they are anti-Walker. It's definitely taking a step back to try and take two steps forward

« Reply #446 on: November 21, 2020, 07:27:10 PM »

Offline SteveD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 1

Lol yeah, he’s not turning down that extension. No young players like that ever do, because it’d be exceedingly stupid to and risk literally $100s of millions of dollars for them if they get injured.

Just like Mitchell in Utah, neither side is rushed to do this as they all know it’s a sure thing. Let Danny focus on improving the team in other ways for the time being.
Why haven't the Celtics extended Tatum yet ? God, they have to do something right.

« Reply #447 on: November 21, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2919235-bogdan-bogdanovic-rumors-hawks-confident-they-can-sign-sg-after-rondo-contract

Looks like ATL is going hard after Boggy.

I just want to know if Danny is even interested in him. If we get the TPE, I think I’d like to see us take a swing at him. But I’m not down with trading any of our larger contracts to get him.

« Reply #448 on: November 21, 2020, 07:29:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1330301395447259141

Woah, there may be some changes to the Charlotte deal after all. Anyone know what “Rozier video” he is referring to?

« Reply #449 on: November 21, 2020, 07:31:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1330301395447259141

Woah, there may be some changes to the Charlotte deal after all. Anyone know what “Rozier video” he is referring to?

Here’s the video. For the love of God I hope this doesn’t mean Rozier coming back.

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1330292403643830272