Author Topic: Spain ousted by Serbia  (Read 5400 times)

Spain ousted by Serbia
« on: September 08, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm pretty surprised by this, did anyone watch the game?

Re: Spain ousted by Serbia
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
That was a great game. Awesome winner shot by Teodosic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eIps9oMFg
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Didn't realize it was so close...Spain really seemed to struggle in this tourney.  Glad they're out of our path.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Didn't realize it was so close...Spain really seemed to struggle in this tourney.  Glad they're out of our path.
Well, without Gasol and Calderon they are significantly weaker. But well done to Serbia, they totally deserved the win.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Haven't seen the game yet but is anyone else unimpressed by the play of Rubio during this tournament? I was planning on watching Spain's games to acquire some sort of gauge on this guy's game and to me he didn't really look like a lottery pick out there.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Dude who took that last shot has Vince Mcmahon "grapefruits".

Coach was like no no no.....YES!!!
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 04:39:43 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
congratulation to Serbia...its still hurts do that we (Croatia) lost to them in a incredibly stupis faul with one second left (72-73)...
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 04:43:02 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'm pretty surprised by this, did anyone watch the game?

I watched like the final 2 minutes when I realized it was actually on.  :D

None the less, yes, a very exciting finish. I'm sure glad Spain "not playing their cards" (if anyone has heard OR really believed that, heh) backfired on them. Nah but seriously, I did think they'd do better than they did. I do have to wonder if Calderon being out really hurt them or not, even if he supposedly was getting torched by Team USA's guards in the exhibition game between the two teams.

All in all, I'm sure they'll want to come back with blood in their eyes in London '12.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Well, I was hoping that Greece would beat Spain so that we don't have to play against them, but seems as the Greeks didn't want any vengeance on the events that occurred 3 weeks ago.
However, I just love how teams go out to us thinking they're invincible and want to dominate the game as fast as possible so that they can blow out in second half. It always backfires. Always. I'm rooting for USA - Serbia matchup in the final game.
Krstic knows Durant, and Durant knows Krstic but... I sort of see more importance in knowing a guard than forward/center. xD

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 10:12:32 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Totally deserved win. Serbia was better during 40 minutes. Spain never found its game. Marc Gasol, Rubio and Llull (he was injured but nevermind) never played like they use to. Only Navarro, Reyes and Vázquez played at good level. Rudy was 50/50.

I blame coach Scariolo for not making the best out of the roster, and I blame players for their attitude. They didn't play with fire, and you can't beat a great team that way.

Many talk about Calderon and Pau Gasol, who is the real leader of this team. You only play your current roster, so no excuses. I was expecting Rudy and Ricky to take on that leading role, but they have failed. They should learn and try to win the Eurobasket again next year. It won't be easy, as Lithuania (playing at home), Turkey and Serbia are all showing great level.

Turkey-Serbia will be the most interesting semih  ;) And although I'd want to see Serbia in the final game, I guess Turkey will face team USA for the gold.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 04:16:03 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Spain seemed tired and bored to play. No fire inside them. Unlike the Serbs. I didn`t expect them to to this good.

BTW i can`t believe that teodosic made that decision. The guy was 1/7 3pt till then.
I can`t also believe why scariolo allowed the serbs to have the last shot. I mean he`s got navarro on his side! I hope they can beat turkey today

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 07:33:43 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Spain seemed tired and bored to play. No fire inside them. Unlike the Serbs. I didn`t expect them to to this good.

BTW i can`t believe that teodosic made that decision. The guy was 1/7 3pt till then.
I can`t also believe why scariolo allowed the serbs to have the last shot. I mean he`s got navarro on his side! I hope they can beat turkey today

Turkey vs Serbia will be a great match to watch. Good luck to both teams, I'll be rooting for Serbia although I think Turkey will prevail and face team USA on sunday.