Author Topic: Fire Danny Ainge!  (Read 21316 times)

Re: Fire Danny Ainge!
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2016, 02:36:33 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Can I also asked when was the last time Danny have drafted in the top 10 lottery prior to 2014?

Since you can get all-star players while picking outside of the top 10 (about 6 or 7 players on this year's all star teams fit that list, for example), your question isn't particularly relevant to what I asked, but Ainge has had 4 chances to draft in the top 10.

Trade #5 for Ray Allen (Great move)
Trade #7 (as Randy Foye) for Sebastian Telfair (Freakin' disaster)
Drafted Marcus Smart (Jury out)
Drafted Jaylen Brown (jury out)

That spot doesn't really matter, anyway as Danny drafted Rondo using the PHX's #21 in the same night. He got a gamble with the Telfair trade and hit the jackpot with the Rondo draft.

Of course it matters.

Anige got an All Star so I say that matters.

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2016, 02:37:26 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Hey, we are at least three or four years of failed fireworks away before this is a real discussion.

Sorry but Anige is here to stay. I'm sure he has plan B's and C's if Plan A doesn't succeed.

Plan A crapped out years ago.  They're already considerably further down the alphabet.

And how do you know that?

One only has to have listened to the team during the years to know that.  It's not something that's been denied.  It's something that's been acknowledged.

And, for the record, plans often fail.  The question for us, as fans, and the same question that every fan base faces, is how much failure to put up with.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2016, 02:42:11 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Can I also asked when was the last time Danny have drafted in the top 10 lottery prior to 2014?

Since you can get all-star players while picking outside of the top 10 (about 6 or 7 players on this year's all star teams fit that list, for example), your question isn't particularly relevant to what I asked, but Ainge has had 4 chances to draft in the top 10.

That spot doesn't really matter, anyway as Danny drafted Rondo using the PHX's #21 in the same night. He got a gamble with the Telfair trade and hit the jackpot with the Rondo draft.

Of course it matters.

The failure of the Telfair move is what it is.  Rondo doesn't change that failure anymore than any other Celtics draft pick changes it, which is not at all.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2016, 02:57:12 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Is this a new Fire Danny Ainge Thread or does the thread get bumped every draft?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2016, 03:10:47 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Hey, we are at least three or four years of failed fireworks away before this is a real discussion.

Sorry but Anige is here to stay. I'm sure he has plan B's and C's if Plan A doesn't succeed.

Plan A crapped out years ago.  They're already considerably further down the alphabet.

And how do you know that?

One only has to have listened to the team during the years to know that.  It's not something that's been denied.  It's something that's been acknowledged.

And, for the record, plans often fail.  The question for us, as fans, and the same question that every fan base faces, is how much failure to put up with.

Which is just your speculation than fact

« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2016, 03:11:40 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Of course it matters.

The failure of the Telfair move is what it is.  Rondo doesn't change that failure anymore than any other Celtics draft pick changes it, which is not at all.

And I say is still a success due to rondo being an all star

« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2016, 03:21:13 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Ainge has been horribly overrated for years by you perverts
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:26:29 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2016, 03:49:48 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Someone has to say it.  This is beyond awful.  He has always been terrible at drafting...

He should get an extension for not taking Bender!

This :)

The fact that he didn't take Bender or Murray is enough to convince me to give him a break!

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2016, 04:05:32 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I would have liked Dunn or Hield over Brown, but I'm still fine with the pick. These guys change their games so much over the months leading up to the draft and i can see how Brown's workouts could have been amazing.
 He's 19 years old too.

Im just glad we didn't take Murray.
Wasn't thrilled with the clips pick but we didn't have much choice.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2018, 03:08:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
We did it!

Edit: For the record I didn't love the Brown pick and was upset we didn't get Butler. That being said, I never speak out publicly against ainge now cause he just crushes me.

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Roy, all these "jerk reaction" threads that are being bumped need to go to the HOF, along with the "Horford Mediocre" and "Still a Rozier Fan" threads!  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2018, 03:21:04 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Seriously.  Fire him.  He's just gonna mess up Brooklyn's pick next year too.

Haha this is such a hot take.  I am really glad that I did not post in this thread in 2016

« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2018, 03:23:16 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Seriously.  Fire him.  He's just gonna mess up Brooklyn's pick next year too.

Haha this is such a hot take.  I am really glad that I did not post in this thread in 2016

I did.

"You must be about 15 years old.

If you lived through the 90s, you realize how bad things can be. No playoffs. Bad teams. No hope. Trading away picks for marginal players.

Things right now are pretty [dang] awesome. 48 wins. Huge cap space. Massive number of draft picks so he can afford to swing for the fences on most every pick. Probable great picks in forthcoming years. The guy has brought us 1 NBA Championship and 1 other Finals visit. He just about doubled the win total over the last 2 years. Made the playoffs most years. Considered one of the best GMs in the league.

More bad than good? You must have never seen bad.

Yeah, fire Ainge! Let's bring back the good ole' Pitino days!"
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2018, 03:32:30 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
I feel like I saw this same thread last year, but it was first created in 2016? Merge 'em all!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2018, 03:58:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I feel like I saw this same thread last year, but it was first created in 2016? Merge 'em all!
Or just stop bumping old crap?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."