Author Topic: Timelord highlights vs Spurs - feeling giddy  (Read 20243 times)

Re: Timelord highlights vs Spurs - feeling giddy
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2019, 06:37:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Has anyone else noticed how often Rob seems to end up on the floor? Seems like a weirdly common occurrence.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2019, 09:58:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Has anyone else noticed how often Rob seems to end up on the floor? Seems like a weirdly common occurrence.

He is playing hard that's all.

« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2019, 10:03:24 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
He plays hard, and he plays a bit out of control.

I'm just thrilled with the improvement. He now looks like a guy who could legit be a 5 of the future, and I had serious doubts about that last year.

« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2019, 10:06:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I'm just thrilled with the improvement. He now looks like a guy who could legit be a 5 of the future, and I had serious doubts about that last year.
Yeah, both he and JB have made huge, almost unforeseen strides this year. And Hayward, but I expected that to be honest.

Rob's development makes our big stocks look that little bit less worrisome.

Robert Williams nice highlights from spurs game
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2019, 02:53:31 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/p0pfih4irFk

Edit: just saw the existing Thread .. Mods feel free to delete or merge

« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2019, 02:59:39 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Yeah, both he and JB have made huge, almost unforeseen strides this year. And Hayward, but I expected that to be honest.

don't forget theis. It like like he has returned to his old pre injury form similarly like hayward has

« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2019, 03:36:20 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

don't forget theis. It like like he has returned to his old pre injury form similarly like hayward has
Theis Theis baby has been playing some pretty elite defense so far.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2019, 04:41:56 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Theis Theis baby has been playing some pretty elite defense so far.
7th in the league in BPG, go Theis!

Was surprised to see Isaac at number 1. Impressive. Guy has improved every year.

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Rob is a big talent, but still just a talent. We shouldn't expect this performance every night.

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2019, 11:53:27 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

This is the Theis who who would have helped beat Cleveland two years ago and get into the finals. That was another catastrophic C's post season injury in the recent litany of post season bad luck. 

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2019, 11:57:41 AM »

Online W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88

More or less than Olynyk? Rob doesn’t have as much weight below his core as someone like Grant Williams, it’s why he can be so springy. I think Kelly had hands and feet that were a little undersized and his footwork wasn’t the best, so he was easy to knock over. I think Rob might be a little top heavy and his footwork isn’t the best yet either so if he’s a little off balance, down he goes.

*Kelly having small hands probably helps his shooting but it hurts his wing span and his small feet don’t help his balance. His body grew a lot late and it didn’t translate all the out to extremities I don’t think. His hand and feet...and wing span...would be perfectly in proportion for a 6’5” or 6’6” guy, but he’s in the NBA because he’s 6’ 11”.

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

More or less than Olynyk? Rob doesn’t have as much weight below his core as someone like Grant Williams, it’s why he can be so springy. I think Kelly had hands and feet that were a little undersized and his footwork wasn’t the best, so he was easy to knock over. I think Rob might be a little top heavy and his footwork isn’t the best yet either so if he’s a little off balance, down he goes.

*Kelly having small hands probably helps his shooting but it hurts his wing span and his small feet don’t help his balance. His body grew a lot late and it didn’t translate all the out to extremities I don’t think. His hand and feet...and wing span...would be perfectly in proportion for a 6’5” or 6’6” guy, but he’s in the NBA because he’s 6’ 11”.

I also think going to the floor helps protect against ankle/knee tweaks....When Robert goes to the floor I think oh good he didn't pull a Tony Allen...