Author Topic: Bruins Hockey 2010 - 2011  (Read 123627 times)

Re: Bruins Hockey 2010 - 2011
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Figured i'd ressurect this thread...i'm pumped for tonights game...i'm thinking that whoever wins tonight probably takes the series.

One thing i wanted to discuss is just how bad johnny boychuk was in game 2 - Timmy was bad, but boychuk put the team in a couple of bad spots by forcing passes that weren't there...

Seems like Claude was on the same page as boyhcuk was demoted to the second line defensive team as seidenberg skated with chara in game 3.  Anyone else a bit displeased with his play this series?

Also, according to reports yesterday, chris kelly has a possible fracture.  Does anyone have word on this? Will we possibly be seeing seguin tonight in his stead?

I am close to cheering for the B's to lose, just so they can get rid of Clode...however, I will give them one more chance tonight.

As far as Boychuck goes, I think he has been pretty bad all season.  He had a great playoffs last year, but this year he has just made a ton of mistakes, and has not made the big plays he made last year.  So, I am glad the change was made...although it doesn't make me feel good about the second pairing.

From what I have heard about Kelly, they are expecting him to play tonight, fracture or not.  It sounds like its something minor, and they won't hold him out because of that...he might just be wearing a full mask or something.

With Seguin, it sounds like they have no interest in playing him...and why would they?  It makes no sense to put arguably your most skilled player on the ice when you have really struggled to score, and your PP has been completely useless.  Particularly when guys like Ryder are doing so much for you.

I have a really bad feeling about Thomas tonight.  I think he is just a terrible matchup against this Montreal team, and he got very lucky in game 3 that a couple bounces did not go the other way.  He just takes way too many chances and gets too far out of position against a team that has the quickness and skill of the Habs.  They just are so quick to rebounds, and can really take advantage of him being out of position.

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Heck of a game tonught

Not sure that I can handle OT!
Yup

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Heck of a game tonught

Not sure that I can handle OT!

Don't want to get my hopes up. :/

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
good lord

a penalty?
Yup

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yup

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Well that was quick.  And pretty cool.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
really gutsy win tonight

hopefully they can ride that mentality now
Yup

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 09:59:48 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Unreal. I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard me yelling when that goal hit the net.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011, 10:03:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Fun game. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Fun game. 

Hopefully we'll be able look back at this one as the turning point for a memorable playoffs for the Bruins.
Yup

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2011, 10:14:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Fun game. 

Hopefully we'll be able look back at this one as the turning point for a memorable playoffs for the Bruins.

I hope so.  This team is so dang unpredictable.

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
As a diehard Canadiens fan, I had to explain to my fellow Habs fans after game 2 that this series would be tied coming back to Boston. Sacrilege perhaps, but it was gonna happen. This series was heading to a best of three and here we go :)

Unlike 99.9% of Montreal fans, I do not hate the Bruins. Mind you, I *love* beating them, but losing to them does not cause me to wretch. Now, the Flyers...thats another story.

So, while I will be sporting Canadiens red for every remaining game and cursing Recchi every chance I get, I say let the best team win and, this year, I really believe that is the Bruins.

0-26 after falling behind 0-2 in a series is a stupid stat. It will be 1-26 after this series.

Just PLEASE beat Philly.
 ;D

Oh, and go Celtics !
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 10:33:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
As a diehard Canadiens fan, I had to explain to my fellow Habs fans after game 2 that this series would be tied coming back to Boston. Sacrilege perhaps, but it was gonna happen. This series was heading to a best of three and here we go :)

Unlike 99.9% of Montreal fans, I do not hate the Bruins. Mind you, I *love* beating them, but losing to them does not cause me to wretch. Now, the Flyers...thats another story.

So, while I will be sporting Canadiens red for every remaining game and cursing Recchi every chance I get, I say let the best team win and, this year, I really believe that is the Bruins.

0-26 after falling behind 0-2 in a series is a stupid stat. It will be 1-26 after this series.

Just PLEASE beat Philly.
 ;D

Oh, and go Celtics !

If the Bruins get past the Canadiens and have a shot at redemption against the Flyers that would be nice.  They just need to step up.
Yup

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64

Just PLEASE beat Philly.
 ;D

Oh, and go Celtics !

I'm giving you a tommy point just because you seem to hate the Flyers almost as much as I do. They are - by a wide margin - my most hated sports team.

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 07:33:51 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Please tell me someone else just saw Michael Ryder make a ridiculous save?

Hero in Game 4 and starting game 5 off right.