Author Topic: Banned?  (Read 7573 times)

Banned?
« on: October 14, 2019, 12:54:15 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Keep getting message that I’ve been banned from using this forum?  Don’t see a way to contact moderators?  Testing this out to see what happens.

Re: Banned?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 01:31:26 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Roy, help us!! We CelticsStrong faithful are getting banned for "duplicate account" set to not expire.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 02:55:59 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Hi folks, apologies for the inconvenience - we have a long-standing issue with our hosting setup where certain IP bans can accidentally lock everyone out. Still hoping to get it fixed but haven't had a lot of time for hacking SMF (the forum software) in a while.

Should be fixed for now.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 11:35:26 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
The hosts should be banned for still having that darn picture on the landing page.....

Just saying.....

>:(
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The hosts should be banned for still having that darn picture on the landing page.....

Just saying.....

We are a small blog with limited resources and run by staff who have real careers elsewhere. The front page will get done when it gets done.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 12:08:06 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

Just saying.....

We are a small blog with limited resources and run by staff who have real careers elsewhere. The front page will get done when it gets done.

"For the time being, Mama said. Temporary says Papa.  But I know how those things go."(Cisneros, 13).
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 12:08:33 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Just saying.....

Email admin@celticsstrong.com

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 12:20:31 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

Just saying.....

Meh takes 2 minutes to swap an image out. I think there was big plans when we split from CB and reality kicked in forums don't make any money. While I appreciate the forums still being alive I'm not buying "the we too busy and have lives".

I guess my question would be what's the issue with swapping an image file out? Does no one know how or does no one have the time or does no one have an acceptable image to replace it with?

I accept the fact that this is what the CB forums are and will be. Unfortunately it probably means little to no growth and loss over time of the casuals only leaving the most hardcore of hardcore.
ok fine

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 03:21:43 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Just saying.....

Meh takes 2 minutes to swap an image out. I think there was big plans when we split from CB and reality kicked in forums don't make any money. While I appreciate the forums still being alive I'm not buying "the we too busy and have lives".

I guess my question would be what's the issue with swapping an image file out? Does no one know how or does no one have the time or does no one have an acceptable image to replace it with?

I accept the fact that this is what the CB forums are and will be. Unfortunately it probably means little to no growth and loss over time of the casuals only leaving the most hardcore of hardcore.
I’m sensing a volunteer webmaster.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 03:26:06 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Just saying.....

If you're so triggered by it, step up and take the initiative to reach out to byennie and update it.

-Someone who has zero clue how to fix it & someone who has a life outside the blog.  My job is not to appease some user who goes by the name ChillyWilly.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 05:56:43 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 208
Old picture or not I want to thank the staff for all they do to give us all a place to get together and talk Celtics, sports, politics or whatever.  I appreciate having this site and a dated picture has no effect on my ability to enjoy it.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

Please change the backround on the main page!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 10:23:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
subject says it all
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 07:15:23 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
It's amazing how every thread about moderation/bugs has to end with something along the lines "Thank you mods for being so awesome, you never do anything wrong, oh you hard working volunteers."

I spend plenty of time online, both for professional and recreational reasons. I've never seen such emotionally needy mods. And ye, if our mods can't deal with the idea that volunteering is all about doing something for free but is still not an excuse to do a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty job, then the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. will keep hitting the fan.

There are plenty of young and competent guys on this forum, give them a chance, and change your tone.

I'm not alone in thinking this, it's just that most ppl are intimitated of getting treated rudely (as well as banned)  by a gang of mods every time someone brings up this issue. While said mods have the time to comment several times a day but not change a picture file. Talking about priorities.

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 07:44:52 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's amazing how every thread about moderation/bugs has to end with something along the lines "Thank you mods for being so awesome, you never do anything wrong, oh you hard working volunteers."

I spend plenty of time online, both for professional and recreational reasons. I've never seen such emotionally needy mods. And ye, if our mods can't deal with the idea that volunteering is all about doing something for free but is still not an excuse to do a ****ty job, then the **** will keep hitting the fan.

There are plenty of young and competent guys on this forum, give them a chance, and change your tone.

I'm not alone in thinking this, it's just that most ppl are intimitated of getting treated rudely (as well as banned)  by a gang of mods every time someone brings up this issue. While said mods have the time to comment several times a day but not change a picture file. Talking about priorities.

Outside of spammers, we ban less than five members per year.

And, I don’t think the staff is doing a bad job.

Any picture issue — or any issue outside of the forums at all — is a Byennie issue.  And yes, I think he both deserves our appreciation and some slack. No Byennie, no forum. So, weigh that against an outdated picture.

So, in a nutshell, your comment is not only wildly uninformed, but it also makes you look like an arrogant, ungrateful jerk.  If that’s what you were going for, bravo.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:57 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Roy and Moranis are lawyers.
Dons is, I think, a CPA.
Gouki, I am not sure what he does in real life.
I, am a former business owner and manufacturing manager.

I don't think any one of us know how to code in such a manner as to remove that front page picture. That is in the hands of the owner and webmaster, byennie, and if you haven't noticed, his life is so busy he is barely participating on the blog.

Without byennie, there is no CelticsStrong.  So I would be a bit greatful instead of getting all up in arms over a picture.

As for our moderating style, we have a clear set of rules. We do our best to try to look into every thread and make sure everyone is posting within rule guidelines. But hey, if you want the type of environment that you can find on Reddit or RealGM boards with profanity, disrespect, flame wars and the such, those options are available to you. We run this blog to have a different environment and the people that prefer the flame war type environment don't belong here. 

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:28:37 AM by nickagneta »