Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 165400 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Joss Wheadon is about to be wicked employed.

Joss was all like, " I don't want to do the next movie. But it should be smaller and more personal." First, that's a mean thing to say when you drop Thanos in the last 30 seconds of the movie. Also, Marvel is just going to drive dump trucks full of money to his front door.

Hollywood, AP - Avengers director Joss Wheadon says today that he will not direct, produce, or otherwise make awesome the inevitable Avengers single.

"I just felt like I walked away from my roots by making that movie totally (freaking) rock. I'm gonna go back to what I do best; hiring Nathan Fillion, Eliza Dushku, and Alan Tudyk to be in complicated action-dramas with a heavy dose of humor that are specifically aimed at an impossibly small audience that will adore me."

Reports are starting to filter in from across the country that nerds everywhere have already begun arguing over hypothetical plot points and tangential characters.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Joss was all like, " I don't want to do the next movie. But it should be smaller and more personal." First, that's a mean thing to say when you drop Thanos in the last 30 seconds of the movie. Also, Marvel is just going to drive dump trucks full of money to his front door.

Hollywood, AP - Avengers director Joss Wheadon says today that he will not direct, produce, or otherwise make awesome the inevitable Avengers single.

"I just felt like I walked away from my roots by making that movie totally (freaking) rock. I'm gonna go back to what I do best; hiring Nathan Fillion, Eliza Dushku, and Alan Tudyk to be in complicated action-dramas with a heavy dose of humor that are specifically aimed at an impossibly small audience that will adore me."

Reports are starting to filter in from across the country that nerds everywhere have already begun arguing over hypothetical plot points and tangential characters.

You're right, because no one has ever made money  offering Nathan Fillion a lead role. ;D

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/47.html

just in case I hate to see their No. 1
but I am pretty much happy with the rest.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/47.html

just in case I hate to see their No. 1
but I am pretty much happy with the rest.

That's an undersell of Thanos. Also, nothing Thanos does is "Small and Personal"

Kiorrik

I'm kinda sorta holding out to call "best superhero movie of all time" until I see this fella in one:

But I have to admit, Thanos... that's promising.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lots of rumors that Thanos will be the bad guy in Thor 2 and may have nothing to do with the next Avengers.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Lots of rumors that Thanos will be the bad guy in Thor 2 and may have nothing to do with the next Avengers.

Or they're setting up a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I've seen rumors of that too. That'll be great too. But whoever the villain is the Avengers has made me a whole lot more excited for Thor 2. 
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
The White Knight, coming to theaters in 2013.

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
BTW did anyone see the superhero list?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
The Avengers was fantastic. I wasn't expecting much because I'm not a big comic book movie fan. But I was blown away. Impressive.

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
BTW did anyone see the superhero list?

Edgar which list is this?

Someone just sent me this. I guess I'm not the only one with Avengers on the brain

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/05/afternoon-delight-boston-avengers.html

Not bad. I'd have made KG the hulk or at the very least covered up that blonde hair with the helmet if he had to be the Thor.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
New Batman movie is my #2 movie to see this summer.

My #1 isn't super hero related but I think is going to be an amazing film;  Prometheus.

It just got an "R" rating so it'll be interesting to see what numbers it ends up grossing but I still expect it to be one of the more successful films of the summer.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
It really is tremendous what Joss Whedon has done with the Avengers film.

Usually, when you have a lot of characters thrown together, there is a great chance it turns into a big cluster "u know what".

That didn't happen here and each super hero received enough screen time and relevance in the film.

It's practically unheard of.

If you look back on the X-Men franchise, a superhero film with a lot of characters, it was mainly all about Wolverine and to some extent the Charles Xavier/Eric Lensher relationship.

I really have no real qualms with the X-Men films because they were essentially the franchise that jump started the superhero film craze. (Credit to Blade films for techically really starting it, but X-Men boomed it to another level).

But looking back on the X-Men, Wolverine was no doubt the most popular and best character to focus on, but Cyclops, The Dark Phoenix....really got the shaft.

Avengers really didn't shaft any of the characters. And that is attributed to a great job by Whedon for his script and directing.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm kinda sorta holding out to call "best superhero movie of all time" until I see this fella in one:

But I have to admit, Thanos... that's promising.

Man I'd LOVE to see Omega Red in an X-Men movie. Hard to believe he hasn't appeared in one already.

He was always one of my favorite X-men foes, and his Russian origins could flesh out Collosus some (I Hope).

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Cable, Bishop, holler.

Also that Deadpool movie starring ryan reynolds would've been awesome.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner