Author Topic: Playoff Games 4/27/08  (Read 8433 times)

Playoff Games 4/27/08
« on: April 27, 2008, 08:02:25 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Please feel free to merge this thread if one has already been started. Couldn't find one and haven't seen W "around". Thanks!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Playoff Games 4/27/08
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:03:31 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Love seeing Detroit struggle here. Anyone catch the other games today? Great stuff going on around the NBA!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
The Suns ran their fast break today and won. I hope everyone (Wdleehi) noticed. They're a fast break team.

Bad execution killed them the last two games. They'd forgotten who they were and probably will again if put under any pressure. They desperately need a training camp and full season together to get rid of this.

Suns have a great shot at the title next season, they showed their promise as a team (again) today.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:42:36 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The Suns ran their fast break today and won. I hope everyone (Wdleehi) noticed. They're a fast break team.

Bad execution killed them the last two games. They'd forgotten who they were and probably will again if put under any pressure. They desperately need a training camp and full season together to get rid of this.

Suns have a great shot at the title next season, they showed their promise as a team (again) today.

Totally agree, Who ... too bad they didn't start this series out with the same energy ... it's gonna be a hard climb from here. Love to see Shaq doing well, though ... and running. Hope he proves the pundits wrong!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Detroit has some momentum here .... hope the Sixers nip it in the bud.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:49:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Detroit are pushing the ball more here in the third. I like this, they can run. This is how they beat Denver and Golden State and other running teams during the regular season. They ran right back at them.

They haven't been getting any easy shots in the halfcourt. Running has to be a part of their offense.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:57:45 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Detroit are pushing the ball more here in the third. I like this, they can run. This is how they beat Denver and Golden State and other running teams during the regular season. They ran right back at them.

They haven't been getting any easy shots in the halfcourt. Running has to be a part of their offense.

So many people consider them a half-court team, but they've been effective at the fast-break for quite a while. They keep playing like this and they'll have no problem tying this series up. Iggy's really struggling, too ... he needs to step it up or this one's over soon.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Did Rasheed's tech get him back in the game?

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 09:04:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

So many people consider them a half-court team, but they've been effective at the fast-break for quite a while. They keep playing like this and they'll have no problem tying this series up. Iggy's really struggling, too ... he needs to step it up or this one's over soon.
Yes. I think they ran into a lot of problems against Cleveland in the playoffs these last two years by making it a slugout, slowing down the pace and making it a close game in the fourth quarter. They simply don't have the go-to scoring to win those close games against teams with good finishers (like LeBron is).

Coaching has to take a lot of heat for that decision

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
detroit needs to hold on for 9minutes

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Tayshaun Prince has had a magnificent game on both ends tonight. If he did this more often he wouldn't be overrated and overpayed. Why can't he do this more often? He irritates me because of his consistent under-performance. He's a better player than what he gives Detroit.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Phily were outrebounding Detroit in the first quarter. Detroit started coming back on the boards during the second quarter, they've a double digit advantage on the glass since then.

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 09:15:06 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
im get the end of the game but didnt they say he is 11 out of 12 fg..?....prince got game...he jus doesnt bring ever nite..wallace game has fallen off to..he use to be a 3pt threat..

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 09:16:12 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Gotta give some props to Mo Cheeks. I know he's not the most poular coach in the NBA, and he's been accused of lacking technical knowledge of the game and being a bit "undisciplined", but I feel he's got a gift of knowing how to motivate players, and has an instinct for the game that many more tenured coaches lack to some degree.

He's had to overcome much in his life and career, and I really respect his determination and savvy for a job that some see as only fit for those more technically gifted. He's also one of the nicest guys in the league, and feels a coach should work at least as hard as he asks his players to, and does so consistently. Nice to see him being successful with this team, and getting to a point where many thought he wouldn't this season. Excellent job, Maurice!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 09:22:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Gotta give some props to Mo Cheeks. I know he's not the most poular coach in the NBA, and he's been accused of lacking technical knowledge of the game and being a bit "undisciplined", but I feel he's got a gift of knowing how to motivate players, and has an instinct for the game that many more tenured coaches lack to some degree.

He's had to overcome much in his life and career, and I really respect his determination and savvy for a job that some see as only fit for those more technically gifted. He's also one of the nicest guys in the league, and feels a coach should work at least as hard as he asks his players to, and does so consistently. Nice to see him being successful with this team, and getting to a point where many thought he wouldn't this season. Excellent job, Maurice!
I love all those articles/quotes about Mo Cheeks pleasantly/jokingly trash talking with the fans. Especially during away games.

Mo has done a great job over the last 50 or so games this season. First 30 and training camp not so much. He's shown enough to deserve more time while this team rebuilds.