Author Topic: Celtics (6-3) at Nuggets (8-1) Game #10 11/5/18  (Read 29589 times)

Re: Celtics (6-3) at Nuggets (8-1) Game #10 11/5/18
« Reply #600 on: November 06, 2018, 09:31:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I really thought Brad killed our momentum in the 2nd quarter after that great start when he put in an all bench lineup of Rozier/smart/morris/semi/baynes.....when you have 5 starters who can all score why wouldnt you stagger them and leave one or two at all times with the bench unit?

that unit gave up the lead before brad called a timeout and it was all downhill from there. Then in the 3rd quarter the whistles started by the refs.

but I thought Brad leaving that unit in, and leaving them in too long really is what got the Nuggets back into the game. My only beef with brad really is that I think he tries out these horrible lineups and leaves them in too long.
It was perhaps the worst time to experiment with that awful lineup, ugh.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #601 on: November 06, 2018, 10:11:06 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I really thought Brad killed our momentum in the 2nd quarter after that great start when he put in an all bench lineup of Rozier/smart/morris/semi/baynes.....when you have 5 starters who can all score why wouldnt you stagger them and leave one or two at all times with the bench unit?

that unit gave up the lead before brad called a timeout and it was all downhill from there. Then in the 3rd quarter the whistles started by the refs.

but I thought Brad leaving that unit in, and leaving them in too long really is what got the Nuggets back into the game. My only beef with brad really is that I think he tries out these horrible lineups and leaves them in too long.
It was perhaps the worst time to experiment with that awful lineup, ugh.
no, the worst time is in the playoffs.  I do think he goes too long with bad line-ups but I don't have an issue with him trying things out early in the season to see what works and what doesn't.  if he's still experimenting after Christmas, I'd be a lot more concerned.

« Reply #602 on: November 06, 2018, 10:20:51 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I have to admit, I'm starting to get on board with turning one of our starters into a 6th man be it Tatum, Brown or Hayward. I think we have too many cooks in the kitchen right now and none of our starters besides Kyrie seems to be developing a consistent rhythm.

« Reply #603 on: November 06, 2018, 11:26:26 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I have to admit, I'm starting to get on board with turning one of our starters into a 6th man be it Tatum, Brown or Hayward. I think we have too many cooks in the kitchen right now and none of our starters besides Kyrie seems to be developing a consistent rhythm.
the starters started off just fine.  the issue was not leaving a couple of them on the floor mixed in with the bench players to continue the flow of offense.  Pull any 2 of Brown, Tatum and Hayward after 6 minutes.  pull Horford and either Kyrie or the remaining wing starter a few minutes later and sub a starter wing back in.   Pull kyrie/last wing near the end of the quarter and put other wing back in. 

simplistic obviously but keeps a couple of scoring starters on the floor with the bench.   Morris has been the only consistent bench scorer.  This would be a smaller issue if someone else off the bench were scoring like Rozier or Theis.