Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 310522 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13 season: Rookie Draft
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
What is the username of the Juggernauts owner?

I thought it was something like Barnaby, but couldn't quite figure it out in order to PM him.

I think that's his first name, but I don't see any barnaby usernames in the memberlist.

edit*  Thanks Roy

I just saw this, did I miss my chance to draft?

Sorry, yeah. You were autoassigned Kendall Marshall for your only pick (1st round).

I'm pretty upset since I wanted nothing to do with Marshall, but I guess the draft in one day is the way it was being done.  I was under the impression that we were going to take time to account for people that have to work and such.  I have limited access to computers while at work.  I think I saw an email this past weekend, this was put together so fast and I got screwed out of the players I wanted that were still available, but I guess I have to deal. . . right.

Sorry, BDubs. From your reply to my email earlier this week, it looked like you were all set to join us.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!

I thought it was something like Barnaby, but couldn't quite figure it out in order to PM him.

I think that's his first name, but I don't see any barnaby usernames in the memberlist.

edit*  Thanks Roy

Sorry, yeah. You were autoassigned Kendall Marshall for your only pick (1st round).

I'm pretty upset since I wanted nothing to do with Marshall, but I guess the draft in one day is the way it was being done.  I was under the impression that we were going to take time to account for people that have to work and such.  I have limited access to computers while at work.  I think I saw an email this past weekend, this was put together so fast and I got screwed out of the players I wanted that were still available, but I guess I have to deal. . . right.

Sorry, BDubs. From your reply to my email earlier this week, it looked like you were all set to join us.

Yeah, I totally forgot.  Life intervines I guess.  Marshall is on the block.  Best offer I get in the next few days gets him. . .

« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2012, 01:26:35 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Yahoo! has just reopened FBB leagues. I have renewed our league, and there should be an invite in your email inboxes for everyone to rejoin the league.

If anyone can't come back, please let me know, so we can find a replacement GM.

« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2012, 03:09:29 PM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!

edit*  Thanks Roy

Yeah, I totally forgot.  Life intervines I guess.  Marshall is on the block.  Best offer I get in the next few days gets him. . .

I replied to some of the messages I received last night.  If anyone wants to check them out and reply to me, hopefully we can have a trade to announce today. . .

« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2012, 09:41:36 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Small trade anyone?

All three players, in any combination, are available for a 2013 second rounder.

Nolan Smith
Jon Leuer
Kylie O'Quinn

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Trade to announce:

Juggernauts trade Kendall Marshall and 2013 2nd round pick
Kwhit10 trades Royce White

« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2012, 05:46:11 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Trade to announce:

Ouch - there is the pain of missing the draft.  [regardless of peoples value of the actual players]  Juggernauts gives up the 13th pick AND a 2nd round pick next year for the 16th pick. 

That being said, I like Royce White's ceiling more than Marshall's, though I suspect Marshall will have a better year this year then White will.

« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2012, 05:52:36 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Trade to announce:

Ouch - there is the pain of missing the draft.  [regardless of peoples value of the actual players]  Juggernauts gives up the 13th pick AND a 2nd round pick next year for the 16th pick. 

That being said, I like Royce White's ceiling more than Marshall's, though I suspect Marshall will have a better year this year then White will.

Yeah, I did a double-take, to be sure I was seeing that right.

And I also like White more than Marshall. Although, what do I know?

« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Trade to announce:

I think Marshall will be a solid PG in the real NBA, but his scoring ability makes Jason Kidd look like Allen Iverson.  That's a pretty big issue in this format.

« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Another trade:

Kwhit sends John Henson
Utah Flash sends Jason Smith, 2013 1st rounder, and Birdmans 2013 2nd rounder

« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Another trade:

Kwhit sends John Henson

wow, big price to pay for Henson imo, but Mk knows his stuff and is very active this offseason. It will be interesting to see how all of the Flash's moves work out.

« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Another trade:

Kwhit sends John Henson

wow, big price to pay for Henson imo, but Mk knows his stuff and is very active this offseason. It will be interesting to see how all of the Flash's moves work out.

I forgot to add, fair deal overall.

« Reply #237 on: September 11, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Trade to announce:

Another fair deal. I like White more in fantasy formats than Marshall.

« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Another trade:

Kwhit sends John Henson

I like Henson as a prospect - I would've picked him at 12 if Lamb was gone - but it might take him awhile to earn major minutes with that logjam Milwaukee has up front.  Especially when Ilyasova just signed a big contract, and Henson's too skinny to play at C.

« Reply #239 on: September 11, 2012, 08:02:36 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Trade to announce:

I think Marshall will be a solid PG in the real NBA, but his scoring ability makes Jason Kidd look like Allen Iverson.  That's a pretty big issue in this format.

I went back and forth on actually trading White.  I wasn't necessarily targeting him in the draft.  But I did want Lamb or Marshall.  I think Marshall will be a nice PG in the league, and I was specifically looking for a young point guard.

Another trade:

Kwhit sends John Henson

I like Henson as a prospect - I would've picked him at 12 if Lamb was gone - but it might take him awhile to earn major minutes with that logjam Milwaukee has up front.  Especially when Ilyasova just signed a big contract, and Henson's too skinny to play at C.

Yea I knew there was a log jam in Milwaukee and didn't know how much burn he would get with the long contracts on Gooden and Ilyasova.  And Mk made sure to mention he had time to wait on him.  So I took the known production of Smith and a 1st round pick next year.