Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 344082 times)

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread (Merged Threads)
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2018, 08:48:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
He's a much better fit on the Celtics than on the Sixers. He's the perfect piece to to add to the Celtics core, whereas he's an odd fit with Embiid and Simmons.

I can't see NY being a legit threat to landing him. It comes down to the Lakers or us imo, and Lebron's going to be approaching 40 years old at that point.

« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's a much better fit on the Celtics than on the Sixers. He's the perfect piece to to add to the Celtics core, whereas he's an odd fit with Embiid and Simmons.

I can't see NY being a legit threat to landing him. It comes down to the Lakers or us imo, and Lebron's going to be approaching 40 years old at that point.
I wonder if Philly would trade Embiid for Davis because as you said, it seems like a bad fit.  Fultz, Simmons, and Davis seems pretty awesome though.

« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2018, 09:06:58 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
hmm, looks like he is thinking of us when he hits free agency. could we possibly replace horford with Davis at that point?

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Davis

« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2018, 09:08:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
hmm, looks like he is thinking of us when he hits free agency. could we possibly replace horford with Davis at that point?

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Davis
I don't know how this would be possible without trading for him. We'd still have lots of cap locked up in Kyrie, Hayward and our young fellas
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2018, 09:27:57 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
dont buy it. they say this stuff all the time. it's only believed when they name your team or lakers (location and history). if he said Orlando the only people who would believe them would be their fans. if they said Houston (using a winning team), people would still find a way to dismiss it.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It can't happen before next off-season unless we trade Kyrie, so I wouldn't sweat it too much right now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2018, 09:31:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's obviously nice to hear but this story isn't actually saying anything - "eyeing" teams could mean a great number of things, many of which don't involve Davis actually planning anything. Especially when he's allegedly "eyeing" a free agency that's 3 offseasons away.

« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2018, 10:10:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
It's obviously nice to hear but this story isn't actually saying anything - "eyeing" teams could mean a great number of things, many of which don't involve Davis actually planning anything. Especially when he's allegedly "eyeing" a free agency that's 3 offseasons away.
no. It absolutely means that he is 100% going to be a Celtic.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2018, 10:21:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
People who are writing this off as nothing are being short sighted. This  is the 2nd davis rumor corroborated within days of each other

There's a lot of "energy" behind these rumors. It feels very real. Especially if you remember anthony davis within the past season or 2 saying if "the pelicans dont contend soon he will look elsewhere where the grass is greener"

« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
People who are writing this off as nothing are being short sighted. This  is the 2nd davis rumor corroborated within days of each other

There's a lot of "energy" behind these rumors. It feels very real. Especially if you remember anthony davis within the past season or 2 saying if "the pelicans dont contend soon he will look elsewhere where the grass is greener"

Yeah, but where will "energy" be in a year?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2018, 10:26:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

lol True

The rose rule makes it impossible to trade for him but I think eventually Davis will have us in play as a trade destination. Whether danny pulls the trigger is up to danny

Williams + Brown +SacPick +other pick(s) + filler is a nice trade package.

« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2018, 10:27:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

lol True

The rose rule makes it impossible to trade for him but I think eventually Davis will have us in play as a trade destination. Whether danny pulls the trigger is up to danny
I thought the Rose Rule only made it impossible to trade for AD until Kyrie signs his extension? Or am I mistaken?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2018, 10:32:19 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799805-anthony-davis-rumors-star-eyeing-lakers-celtics-knicks-76ers-bos-favored

"New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis is already weighing his next move ahead of the summer of 2021, when he becomes a free agent.

Get More Sports' Chris Sheridan reported Monday that Davis is "eyeing" the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Philadelphia 76ers should he move on from the Pelicans and that the Celtics are leading the pack.

None of those four teams is a surprising inclusion in the Davis sweepstakes.

The Celtics and 76ers have the best long-term outlook of any two squads in the Eastern Conference. The prospect of joining Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward or Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons will be tantalizing for any marquee free agent.

The Lakers and Knicks, meanwhile, play in two of the biggest media markets and could see their fortunes turn around after years of mediocrity.

Los Angeles already has LeBron James signed through the 2020-21 season with a player option in 2021-22. New York doesn't have a comparable star just yet but hasn't been shy about its plan to pursue big names in free agency.

Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes posited on FS1's Undisputed last week that the Knicks could be a serious contender to sign Kevin Durant if he opts out of his deal with the Golden State Warriors next summer.

Perhaps the real question is whether Davis will have much say in his next move.

Like other teams poised to lose their best players in free agency, the Pelicans may decide to trade Davis if it becomes clear he won't re-sign with them. At that point, his immediate future would be up to New Orleans.

Paul George landed with the Oklahoma City Thunder even though the Lakers were at the top of his wish list when he was engineering his exit from the Indiana Pacers in 2017.

Kawhi Leonard joined the Toronto Raptors this offseason after the San Antonio Spurs granted his trade request. The move went over so well with the two-time All-Star that Sporting News' Sean Deveney reported he "[had] no interest in playing for the Raptors" and would potentially sit out the 2018-19 season before opting out and hitting free agency.

Leonard has appeared in two preseason games for Toronto this fall.

Davis is smart to take a long-term view of his situation, but a lot can change in a few years. This time last October, the chances George would re-sign with the Thunder seemed slim, yet that's what he did."

Sheridan is no Woj or Shams, but it is interesting to see how much buzz has come up regarding AD and Boston, especially after Kyrie's commitment comments.

« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2018, 10:47:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I fully expect Davis to stay in New Orleans long enough to sign his supermax contract, then he will ask to be traded.

« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2018, 11:07:07 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Wow.

Imagine a lineup of late 20's Irving and Davis with with 23 y/o Tatum? Please lord.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)