Author Topic: 25 Random (Celtic) Things About Me  (Read 3491 times)

25 Random (Celtic) Things About Me
« on: February 07, 2009, 09:15:05 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
With a tip of the hat to Facebook

25.  The 1984 Championship is my favorite of all time (barely edging the 2004 World Series.
24.  In 1997 I called sports radio a few weeks before Pitino signed and said the Celtics should go after Larry Brown.  I thought Brown would have been a much better selection.
23.  I left work early to listen to the Pitino press conference when he signed.
22.  I met Johnny Most at a HoJo's after a U2 concert.
21.  My first Celtics game was in 1982.
20.  I used to always make my way to the front of the green line so I could see the Boston Garden as the trolley exited the tunnel onto the elevated tracks.  CBS one time filmed the scene and it's around somewhere.
19.  I went to the Bill Russell tribute event in 2002 with my dad and thought it was spectacular.
18.  My first job out of college was working for ML Carr when he was selling "Sports Fantasy Contracts".  It was short lived.
17.  Henderson stealing the ball in my favorite Celtic moment.
16.  I had season tickets during the mid 90s.  Really good season tickets.
15.  The day they retired the Chief's # the Jumbotron camera caught me walking to my seat --- I instinctively flipped the bird.  I felt bad about that.
14.  In the 80's I had a neighbor who had season tickets who couldn't go to most games, he gave them to me most of the time to take his son.  3rd row balcony.
13.  I love Ray Allen. 
12.  I flip flop on Paul Pierce.  I know I should be crazy about him, but for some reason I just can't embrace him.
11.  I think the loudest I ever heard the new Garden was Pitino's first game.  Halloween 1997 an upset of the Bulls.
10.  The loudest I ever heard the old garden was March 17th 2002, a U2 concert.
09.  I have an autographed picture of the Big 3 over my desk.
08.  I have a brick from the old garden.
07.  In 1983 my 9th grade class voted the Celtics their #2 favorite team....behind the Bruins.  (See, it wasn't always a Sox/Pats town)
06.  I was a constant regular at the summer league games until they moved to Las Vegas.
05.  I was a constant regular at the rookie / free agent tryouts before there was a summer league.  I pegged free agent David Wesley as a player and Ike Austin.  Austin let me down, but Wesley didn't.
04.  I met Larry Bird in the bathroom of the old Blades & Boards.  It was 1992 and his first time back to the Garden since he retired.  He asked me how I was doing and I froze.  He just shook his head at me.
03.  I never really liked Jim O'Brien.
02.  I always felt as if I had the chance to learn something listening to Bob Cousy.
01.  I greatly appreciate Celticsblog.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:01:46 PM by SShorefan 4.0 »
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

Re: 25 Random (Celtic) Things About Me
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
TP!  Nice background story!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
anyone else?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 01:54:50 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
ssfan, that was awesome!  thanks for posting and its a great idea for a thread.  i need to think hard about narrowing celtic moments for me.  25 just doesnt seem like enough, seeing how the celtics are such a HUGE part of my life and the lives of my family members!

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 02:28:16 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
on a side note, feel free to join my FB group: "I don't want to know 25 things about you." :)

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 02:29:27 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
anyone else?

25. I am only 17 years old but have loved the celtics for 12 years
24. In Second grade we had to do a project about something that we had passion for. I chose the Celtics
23. I have slapped the entire 2000 celtics team hand's after a preseason game at Mohegan Sun
22. Until 6th grade i cried after everysingle celtics loss.
21. Every summer we spend time in marthas vineyard. Back when we used to camp a spent hours in the camp ground's laundry room just so i could watch the NBA Draft.
20. I could probably name every celtics draft pick since 2000
19. My favorite celtic ever  was Antoine Walker
18. A few years ago i got on FSN during a game because i yelled the entire first 3 quarters at the camera lady to put me on TV
17. At the time, i said Joe Johnson for Rodney Rodgers and Tony Delk was the worst trade ever. (i could quite possibly be right)
16. I sincerely miss Al Jefferson
15. I havent been to a game in a few years (mostly because it of my own basketball season) and i wish i could get to one soon
14. Gerald Green is in my top 5 dunkers of all time
13. I took the number 11 for my basketball jersey this year mainly because i have a similar body type to big baby (except scaled down alot)
12. If i was Big Baby i would go play football in the NFL
11. Without Posey we would not have won the Championship last year
10. One of my favorite possessions is a Ray Allen basketball card from when he played for UCONN.
9. Tommy is my favorite commentator in all of basketball
8. My dream job would have to be a scout for the Celtics
7. The 2008 NBA Finals was the second best television show in the history of television
6. The 2004 World Series was the best
5. I was estatic when the Celts traded for Bassy. ANd still am seeing that he helped bring in KG
4. No matter how bad the Celtics were a few years back, i still watched every game
3. I absolutely despise every aspect of the Lakers organization
2. I love celticsblg.com (log on every day)
1. I bleed Celtic Green
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 02:32:36 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
on a side note, feel free to join my FB group: "I don't want to know 25 things about you." :)

but you still read it though.....  ;)

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 06:58:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

22. Until 6th grade i cried after everysingle celtics loss.

man thats a LOT of tears... ;D... :'(
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 07:01:47 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
Summer League games were awesome, they def need to bring those back to umass boston.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!