Author Topic: Celtics Blog ... My Second Home! (aka: I've Missed You Guys!)  (Read 12487 times)

Re: Celtics Blog ... My Second Home! (aka: I've Missed You Guys!)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 04:02:57 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Just to echo what's already been made quite clear: We're thrilled to have you back, Bahku.  It's been far too long.  Looking forward to another great season of chatter.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 04:36:59 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Welcome back buddy, you're absence was clear and almost depressing.

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 11:34:11 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
bahku.....ur back!   ;D

this place wasnt the same without u.  glad to hear ur ok and u must be given a major kudos for the work that u did.  it takes a special person to do that.  TP

this can't go unnoticed....tp, lol
*doing my best darklord impression*

Hmm, I feel a presence in the Green.
The Green is strong with this one.

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 01:17:02 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I just want everyone here to know how much I've missed this place ... in other words, how much I've missed you people! I've spent the summer and fall in a third world country, fighting off parasites and disease as part of a medical outreach, (DWOB), and while that, (in and of itself), isn't much different than being here, (just kidding, guys ... I couldn't pass that one up, hehe!), it had absolutely nothing to do with anything pleasurable ... like sports or the Celtics! But seriously, you folks are some of the nicest, most intelligent and articulate people I've ever had the pleasure to associate with, and I sooooooo appreciate the opportunity to be back here spreading my verbal, (and often over-emotional), infection among you.

I've thought of all of you guys many times over the last few months, and wondered how you were all doing ... as well as what tack the conversation had taken over the off-season. I'm sorry I couldn't really say goodbye properly, but it was a very last-minute decision, and I had literally 6 hours between the time I agreed to go and the moment of departure. Well ... this year's Celtics season is going to be even more explosive and exciting than last year, I think, as we watch the starting five really start to gel, and observe the new "kids" getting their first taste of the "Big Show". With the injury to Tom Brady and the grim picture that paints for the Pats, this Green Team is going to be that much more important to my Winter sanity!

Anyway ... I'm not one to get mushy, but I love this place and all you guys, and you can't know how much you actually miss a place like this, until you get cut off from it for extended periods. Over the approximately 3 1/2 months I spent in the Ecuadorian jungle and mountains, I had only 2 or 3 chances to get onto the net for pleasure purposes, and it served only to remind me of just how important this blog had become to me over the previous 7 months. In short summation, I thank God that I have the opportunity to contribute once again to the discussion and discourse of "Celtics Blog" .... and I promise to once again do my very best to annoy the heck out of all of you, and make you all realize just how lucky you were while I was away! ;)

It's great to be back ... go Celtics!!

- Bahku  

WELCOME BACK!... who're you?   ???

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 02:05:10 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I just want everyone here to know how much I've missed this place ... in other words, how much I've missed you people! I've spent the summer and fall in a third world country, fighting off parasites and disease as part of a medical outreach, (DWOB), and while that, (in and of itself), isn't much different than being here, (just kidding, guys ... I couldn't pass that one up, hehe!), it had absolutely nothing to do with anything pleasurable ... like sports or the Celtics! But seriously, you folks are some of the nicest, most intelligent and articulate people I've ever had the pleasure to associate with, and I sooooooo appreciate the opportunity to be back here spreading my verbal, (and often over-emotional), infection among you.

I've thought of all of you guys many times over the last few months, and wondered how you were all doing ... as well as what tack the conversation had taken over the off-season. I'm sorry I couldn't really say goodbye properly, but it was a very last-minute decision, and I had literally 6 hours between the time I agreed to go and the moment of departure. Well ... this year's Celtics season is going to be even more explosive and exciting than last year, I think, as we watch the starting five really start to gel, and observe the new "kids" getting their first taste of the "Big Show". With the injury to Tom Brady and the grim picture that paints for the Pats, this Green Team is going to be that much more important to my Winter sanity!

Anyway ... I'm not one to get mushy, but I love this place and all you guys, and you can't know how much you actually miss a place like this, until you get cut off from it for extended periods. Over the approximately 3 1/2 months I spent in the Ecuadorian jungle and mountains, I had only 2 or 3 chances to get onto the net for pleasure purposes, and it served only to remind me of just how important this blog had become to me over the previous 7 months. In short summation, I thank God that I have the opportunity to contribute once again to the discussion and discourse of "Celtics Blog" .... and I promise to once again do my very best to annoy the heck out of all of you, and make you all realize just how lucky you were while I was away! ;)

- Bahku  

Bahku is, along with nickagneta (and dare
I mention myself?  ;)) one of the nicest
posters here at CelticsBlog. He also happens
to be 4th on the TP list and in comparison to
how many posts he has, I think easily the man
with the best post-to-TP ratio here.
That's who Bahku is   :)

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 02:06:43 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Here's the latest TP list update:

http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=64&topic=22916.msg369685#msg369685

Redz surpassed Bahku recently but
he has more than twice the amount
of posts that Bahku has.

Sorry, Redz!  ;D

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 02:33:31 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

- Bahku  

There's a tommy point -post ratio list? Woah...

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 03:06:09 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

- Bahku  

There's a tommy point -post ratio list? Woah...

Well, actually there isn't.
But who doesn't like stats?  ;)

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
We were just talking about you and Bassthumper in a thread the other day and wondering where you guys had gone to.

awwwwwwww..

*sippin 40oz*

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 10:14:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
deja vu
Yup

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
deja vu

deja vu about you posting about deja vu.

French words make my soul squish.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11847
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Welcome back Bahku!   A TP to welcome you back!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
deja vu

Woah! No kidding ... I had totally forgotten this thread! Not long after posting this I found myself on the way to the Philippines, and cut off from CelticsBlog for an even longer period of time. Missed a lot here last year ... the place changed so much. Looks like BassThumper came back, too ... Maestro, ACF, Bass ... this place is feeling more and more like the old CB ... love it! Where is Big Ticket?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:52:40 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
I actually have no idea who you are.....radiation killed my brain me thinks ....but welcome back!!! anyway...certainly sounds as if you were missed. Pull up a chair.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I actually have no idea who you are.....radiation killed my brain me thinks ....but welcome back!!! anyway...certainly sounds as if you were missed. Pull up a chair.

Thanks ... I won't take it personally. ;) (TP)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *