Author Topic: 2014-15 EPL season  (Read 27590 times)

Re: 2014-15 EPL season
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 06:35:40 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I didn`t call JM boring read again.

Yes I know you didn't which is why I didn't quote you.

Mourinho and Wenger are both boring and embarrassing.

Even so, I wouldn't call this one-sided little feud boring either. Some may find it boring, that's fair enough but it generates interest in the league and the game all across the world. All the media attention would suggest as much.

Being animated on the sidelines is not something Mourinho has introduced to the Premier League. Countless managers have carried on in a similar fashion. Mourinho is very respectful to those he feels deserve it - Alex Ferguson for example.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 08:38:40 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Rivalry does spice up things ... A lot actually and i like vendetas like this on
But the last incident was stupid. Like 5 year olds they were pushing each other.

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The referee was appalling in that Arsenal vs Chelsea match. Both teams should have a couple of players sent off. Chelsea should have gotten a dozen yellow cards. The amount of cynical fouling going by Chelsea was awful. Referee completely lost control of the game. Didn't hold either team accountable for their fouling.

It was like Pat Riley's Knicks in the 90s. Foul constantly and soon enough the referee will consider it the new normal and let you hack your opponent to pieces.

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I didn`t watch the game so i don`t know about the ref there but the one i saw in Juventus - Roma was at least as awful.

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 03:07:24 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Boring and embarrassing? lol, pretty rare that someone manages to be both at once. Jose Mourinho is one of the most entertaining and controversial figures in world football, he is anything but boring. He adds another level of interest to any league he goes to.

Only someone like Jose could get people complaining about him daring to leave a game (that was all over) a couple of minutes early.

I didn`t call JM boring read again. This stupid childish quarrel with Wenger is boring. They can find another toy to play (BOTH)

And to be honest i don`t thing the sideline acting introduced by JM is by any means something a fan should look for. The fact that he assembles great teams yes that is something i`m looking forward to see. But not his completely disrespect to his opponents.

I agree 100% with all this.  Mourinho, who is a brilliant manager, has unfortunately become something of a class clown.  And I used to genuinely like Mou, even when he was Chelsea manager the first time (and I'm a Man City fan).  However, his antics have become more and more exaggerated and taken on a darker tone over time.  When he puts all that nonsense aside and simply manages, he's the best around...

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 01:41:34 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Mourinho's team running away with the league title, again?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2014, 02:30:59 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Alexis FC.

That explains Arsenal's season. Unbelievable...

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:41:23 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2014, 03:35:02 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Mourinho's team running away with the league title, again?

Four point lead with 2/3rds of the season left?  Hmmm...

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 10:59:26 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Chelsea now 6 points ahead...of Southhampton!
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2014, 10:14:16 AM »

Offline TheGreenBrit

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
It feels so strange to see Southampton up there in the mix. I guess getting rid of 6 of your best players does that to a team. However I have no sympathy with Liverpool and just laughing my tits off!  ;D

But anyway I'm quietly confident that we (United) will go on one of LvG's winning runs from now until the end of the season to win the league.

</sleep>

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2014, 03:59:34 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
It feels so strange to see Southampton up there in the mix. I guess getting rid of 6 of your best players does that to a team. However I have no sympathy with Liverpool and just laughing my tits off!  ;D

But anyway I'm quietly confident that we (United) will go on one of LvG's winning runs from now until the end of the season to win the league.

</sleep>

City fan here - do you think United will be active in the January window?  LVG needs a holding mid and some backliners, IMHO.  Someone like Hummels would be great for them, but I think United can and should improve options at fullback positions, also. 

I wonder if it's true that both City and United are vying for Layvin Kurzawa...

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 07:31:14 AM »

Offline TheGreenBrit

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
That's the first I've heard about Kurzawa  ???

Defensively I think we need two more class centre backs and for me Hummels & Godin are the players for that role. Them two along with Rojo would be class! Now we have Carrick back I think we'll be ok in defensive midfield. 

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 07:35:43 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29

</sleep>

Southampton have not got the mental toughness to beat the big boys. Losses to City, Arsenal and Man U and they played well in all of them.

They will probably just about better last year's position and endure a summer of bigger teams cherry-picking their best players again.

Looks like Chelsea's league to lose from here, although early days yet.

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 04:20:52 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
That's the first I've heard about Kurzawa  ???

Defensively I think we need two more class centre backs and for me Hummels & Godin are the players for that role. Them two along with Rojo would be class! Now we have Carrick back I think we'll be ok in defensive midfield.

I'm not a fan of Godin.  He's 31 and a bit gaffe-prone, IMHO.  Still, he is the heady veteran who could come in, command respect and organize your backline.  Hummels would be fantastic, but I would avoid his partner Subotic.  Carrick is a good holding player, but you should get another.  Strootman would work, but I can't believe the price tag for him.  There have been persistent rumors about ex-City destroyer Nigel de Jong.  I would truly hate to see him in a United kit, but LvG likes him, and he's a phenomenal wrecker and ball winner.  Alex Song, on loan at WHU from Barca, might be a very nice fit, or maybe Ch. Tiote?  Song has the ability to create (terrific long passer) and orchestrate in the midfield. 

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2014, 05:49:42 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Atletico demands +25mil for Godin , MU offers 16m. Either way to much for a 31 y.o.

IMHO they should go after Papastathopoulos.