Author Topic: 2014-15 EPL season  (Read 27585 times)

Re: 2014-15 EPL season
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I really like Danny Welbeck. I think he is underrated player. Good player when he is allowed to play as a #9 instead being pushed (1) out wide or into a (2) #10 role; two roles he is unsuited for. Let him play his natural position and he'll do a good job.

I think that is a good move for Arsenal. I hope they get him on a permanent transfer instead of a loan signing. Still 3-4 years away from his peak.
He's been a complete donkey even when utilized properly in recent times.  Ever since Fergie retired, all of his potential seemed to disappear. I remember when he was better than Sturridge.

Looks like Arsenal managed to buy him like you thought. He's better than Sanogo at least.

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal.

Good. Tired of seeing Sa-NO-Goals in the pitch.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 09:29:56 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Plenty of moves at the deadline. If Falcao has recovered from his knee injury he could be quite good. I agree with everyone else though that Man United have more pressing needs in defence.

Chelsea finally got rid of Torres! ;D Looking forward to seeing what Loic Remy can do.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 02:26:00 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
5 goals from Leicester ..... FIVE !!!! I can`t remember a roster with such a drop in talent from offense to defense. What a goal from DiMAria what bloopers from the back four.... It`s like sphinx... Half premier league team and half conference team ....

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
5 goals from Leicester ..... FIVE !!!! I can`t remember a roster with such a drop in talent from offense to defense. What a goal from DiMAria what bloopers from the back four.... It`s like sphinx... Half premier league team and half conference team ....

That was fantastic. Up 3-1 to losing 5-3. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Absolutely amazing.

Happy to see United struggling a bit after years and years of success. I hope it continues but I think Van Gaal will turn things around in time. Dumping that 3-4-1-2 formation would be a good start. Get back to playing 4 at the back. They have a good 4-3-3 there. I think that would solve a lot of their problems.

Blackett has been a shambles since coming into the team. Apparently, a lot of fans of the Championship club he was on loan to last season thought he was a disaster too. Strange to see a player who struggled at Championship end up starting for Man Utd next season. Screams of forcing a young player into the team before he is ready to be there.

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I didn`t watch the whole game but i think he played 4 at the back this time. I don`t think it really matters though.... There aren`t any defenders in the roster good enough for MU. And on top of that there aren`t any real DMs to keep the pressure far from the box.

An amazing fact is that the last time MU lost a game after having a two goals lead was ~850 games ago !!!!!!!!!!!!! That`s  almost 20 years  ago!!!!

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I didn`t watch the whole game but i think he played 4 at the back this time. I don`t think it really matters though.... There aren`t any defenders in the roster good enough for MU. And on top of that there aren`t any real DMs to keep the pressure far from the box.

An amazing fact is that the last time MU lost a game after having a two goals lead was ~850 games ago !!!!!!!!!!!!! That`s  almost 20 years  ago!!!!

It fairly boggles that after spending what, 158 million pounds, MU still has no top-flight defenders nor any physical presence in midfield.  Obviously, neither Crazy King Louis nor Ed Woodward have any real idea of what they're doing.  If MU does not qualify for the CL next term, it will lose 40 million pounds per year in sponsorship revenue...OUCH.

As a Man City fan, I think it is just horrible how United and Arsenal have ruined football with their profligate hyper-spending...;-)

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 01:33:58 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
Nice to see Van Gaal give absolutely no credit whatsoever to Leicester after the game, sore loser.

Rooney's tantrum after the Foxes 3rd goal was priceless! ;D

On another sports forum I visit, one of the most vocal Man Utd fans said after the first game that he wasn't too disappointed because they had no chance of winning the league this season anyway. After decades of being 'Premier League or bust' it's amazing to see Man Utd fans conceding the season after the first game. Things sure have changed.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 02:30:12 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
£150m spent and their defense is awful. Too funny.

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 08:15:14 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Nice to see Van Gaal give absolutely no credit whatsoever to Leicester after the game, sore loser.

Rooney's tantrum after the Foxes 3rd goal was priceless! ;D

On another sports forum I visit, one of the most vocal Man Utd fans said after the first game that he wasn't too disappointed because they had no chance of winning the league this season anyway. After decades of being 'Premier League or bust' it's amazing to see Man Utd fans conceding the season after the first game. Things sure have changed.

I don't think MU has much chance of finishing in the top four for CL qualification next season.  van Gaal has always required some time to develop his team wherever he has managed, but that's true with any manager, really.  It was a huge mistake to not bring in a central defender (or two) and a holding midfielder (and maybe a box-to-box type).  They are top-heavy with attackers and not enough positions to deploy them in.  In addition, a 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-1 doesn't mesh well with United's squad holdovers.  Now, they must fish around in the January market and thus have lost at least a half-season of integration for those needed players. 

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
Always good to beat Arsenal. Made even better by reading the petulant nonsense Piers Morgan writes on Twitter during Arsenal games!

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 01:42:16 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
This thing between Murinho and Wenger is getting boring and embarrasing

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 05:26:54 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
This thing between Murinho and Wenger is getting boring and embarrasing

Mourinho and Wenger are both boring and embarrassing.  Can you imagine two NBA head coaches comporting themselves in that manner?

Did you see Mourinho's antics at the end (or 2 minutes before the end) of the Villa match last weekend?

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 05:40:29 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
Boring and embarrassing? lol, pretty rare that someone manages to be both at once. Jose Mourinho is one of the most entertaining and controversial figures in world football, he is anything but boring. He adds another level of interest to any league he goes to.

Only someone like Jose could get people complaining about him daring to leave a game (that was all over) a couple of minutes early.

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 05:55:21 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Boring and embarrassing? lol, pretty rare that someone manages to be both at once. Jose Mourinho is one of the most entertaining and controversial figures in world football, he is anything but boring. He adds another level of interest to any league he goes to.

Only someone like Jose could get people complaining about him daring to leave a game (that was all over) a couple of minutes early.

I didn`t call JM boring read again. This stupid childish quarrel with Wenger is boring. They can find another toy to play (BOTH)

And to be honest i don`t thing the sideline acting introduced by JM is by any means something a fan should look for. The fact that he assembles great teams yes that is something i`m looking forward to see. But not his completely disrespect to his opponents.