Author Topic: Our draft picks are now super important  (Read 10977 times)

Our draft picks are now super important
« on: June 15, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Were no longer "picking for new Orleans"

Draft NAW, bol, and okpala

Re: Our draft picks are now super important
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 06:50:59 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If they do not draft a point... I believe that is a sign Terry will be brought back.

Add shooting off the bench. And a Siakim type player

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Name the PG Danny takes in the first...you know its coming for sure.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 06:52:26 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If they do not draft a point... I believe that is a sign Terry will be brought back.

We will bring back Terry but will draft a PG is my guess. This is why we did not trade Rozier like so many wanted. Danny is as far from dumb as it gets.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 07:40:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

there is no good point guard available where we are drafting

We will bring back Terry but will draft a PG is my guess. This is why we did not trade Rozier like so many wanted. Danny is as far from dumb as it gets.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 07:43:42 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
My question is will they play?

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 07:45:19 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I haven't looked into this draft much, is the general consensus that we'd be better off taking 3 chances at a good player, rather than trying to trade up for one?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 07:46:11 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
My question is will they play?

That depends on whether they're good enough to earn minutes

And if they aren't, hopefully the team has enough depth for them to get minutes in Maine instead of riding the pine
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Super important but not super likely to get us more than a role player, if that.  The 14th pick is far from premium.  Maybe we strike gold but have to be lucky.  No other pick, except the grizzlies pick is even worth thinking about.  We obviously need lots of luck there too.

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 07:50:16 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I haven't looked into this draft much, is the general consensus that we'd be better off taking 3 chances at a good player, rather than trying to trade up for one?

YEah, I think we can get some solid bench players who could boarderline be starters. Apparently Herro was really good in the work outs. I've watched him since the "highschool" youtube videos', liked what he brought to the floor when he played, just hope he can bring it to the NBA. Could be a REddick type.

I'd try to package up 20 and 22 to move up and get one of the bigs between 15 and 19. Just to make sure.

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 07:50:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Super important but not super likely to get us more than a role player, if that.  The 14th pick is far from premium.  Maybe we strike gold but have to be lucky.  No other pick, except the grizzlies pick is even worth thinking about.  We obviously need lots of luck there too.
how many players in the NBA finals this year were picked above pick 10?

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 08:06:19 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Out the total players picked in that range, the percentages are pretty low.  Besides, those kinds of kids players are only useful when you have stars.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 08:07:47 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Lots. ;D

The good thing is that we don't have to hit 3 times in the draft. There are always very good players available outside of the top 10, if we're able to find one of them we're good.

What we shouldn't do though is draft for needs or draft BPA, focus on drafting the player with the highest ceiling.

Don't care if we need a new point guard or more shooters, those are not important factors anymore now we don't get Davis and won't be a contender. My impression of this draft is that it's full with good defensive wing players and strong centers, not so many guards or shooters.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 08:13:57 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 08:10:36 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Its rett simple to me, puck the best player available. If you see someone who you think has potential package picks and try to move up. It seem counter intuitive, but in a draft where most think the talent is pretty even across the round it may actually be easier to move up because a team may just rather have two shots. So if you see a guy go for it.

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 08:24:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Kawhi Leonard and Lowry say's "whats up" from pick 15 and 24