Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Heat (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 4/29/24  (Read 14013 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Heat (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 4/29/24
« Reply #690 on: April 29, 2024, 10:45:26 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2730
https://x.com/gameinjurydoc/status/1785108038116081773?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

This looks like a right “calf strain” for Kristaps Porziņģis

You can also see he has tape on the left calf so probably was dealing with some sort of tightness/soreness prior on that side

MRI will determine severity and healing time

Grade I: 1-2 weeks
Grade II: 3-6 weeks

Optimistically, there’s no strain and he’s day to day.

Realistically, it’s probably a strain and we’re hoping for a Grade 1.

So basically it's 'we see your Jimmy Butler and match you a Kristaps Porzingis'

« Reply #691 on: April 29, 2024, 10:47:15 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 107
  • B's Up
Celts with a good effort on the boards tonight, especially Tatum. We need to keep that up going forward
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #692 on: April 29, 2024, 10:48:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston got little to nothing offensively out of PP, KP, Hauser. Also wasn’t the best game for either J. And still won by double digits.

I am calling PP and Hauser combine for 25 plus Wednesday.

« Reply #693 on: April 29, 2024, 10:49:36 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2730
Boston got little to nothing offensively out of PP, KP, Hauser. Also wasn’t the best game for either J. And still won by double digits.

Yeah we're due for a Hauser 3 ball explosion

« Reply #694 on: April 29, 2024, 10:52:43 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

« Reply #695 on: April 29, 2024, 10:56:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612
tatum absolutely rolled that ankle

he is beyond lucky it is not a major sprain
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #696 on: April 29, 2024, 10:57:05 PM »

• Bill Sharman

Yeah we're due for a Hauser 3 ball explosion

why yes, yes we are mate
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #697 on: April 29, 2024, 11:02:33 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1253

That’s what i thought too. His ankle rolled when he stepped on Bam’s foot. We’re lucky it was nothing major.

« Reply #698 on: April 29, 2024, 11:04:54 PM »

• Bill Sharman

That’s what i thought too. His ankle rolled when he stepped on Bam’s foot. We’re lucky it was nothing major.

yup. u can see it how it rolled over. i have done that many times.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #699 on: April 29, 2024, 11:05:23 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics have made love and Robinson unplayable in this series for Miami.

« Reply #700 on: April 29, 2024, 11:09:35 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546
Wasn't on here during the game. Was too preoccupied with yelling at the refs (through the TV - very effective) for letting the Heat get away with reaching in all night - and for them to start calling some moving screens.  Tonight they were ALL moving.

But the nice thing from the Celtics perspective was their defense and rebounding were both good. Tatum was very good on the defensive glass and all 5 of them (Al in for Porzingis) were locked in pretty well getting out on Miami's shooters and then contesting their attempts to attack the hoop.

« Reply #701 on: April 29, 2024, 11:11:43 PM »

• Bill Sharman
lets shutup the naysayers and show we can close out when we should at home without pulling game 6 wins off on the road after being down 3-2 ala bucks two years back and sixers last year. then needinga game 7 win at home.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #702 on: April 29, 2024, 11:21:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3205
i’m more concerned that not one celtic went after bam after that deliberately dirty play. soft.

Exactly. Big part of this team's problem. Lord, they are a passive bunch.

Horford went over and pushed Bam away from Tatum. Are you guys watching the game?

no, he didn’t. al brushed bam’s shoulder running to help up tatum. bam could have taken out our best player with that intentionally dirty play; someone should have sent a message.

And he got a tech for that. We're down Zinger already, what is the realistic outcome you wanted from that situation than stupid, macho violence?

I'd like to see some macho violence myself.

i’d like to see a celtic send a message to miami that their dirty play will have consequences, especially if they try to intentionally hurt a player. doesn’t mean a punch, but how about getting in bam’s face with some words of warning if he continues to play dirty ball. some of you guys are soft.

Yeah, some of you are jumping from one extreme (passive, no response) to another (punch the guy's lights out).
Jumping right into the Miami player's face, chest to chest, with some strong  words by more than one Celtic would be much better.

When was the last finesse team with such a passive personality win the title ?

Yeah, we need an enforcer like Jokic and Jamal Murray! Oh, wait…  :laugh:

who said anything about an enforcer? the way you put words in folk’s posts in an attempt to make a point is hilarious. if you don’t think denver is a physical team, you don’t basketball. and if you don’t think jokic would send a clear message to bam if he intentionally tried to injure murray, you’ve clearly never been to serbia.

Yep, those Nuggets are just like the Bad Boy Pistons. Jokic is a rough rider. Don’t know how I didn’t see it before.  :laugh:

Gibberish?

« Reply #703 on: April 29, 2024, 11:27:40 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
A big part of Miami’s game plan is to cheap shot Tatum. It’s happened twice now.

« Reply #704 on: April 30, 2024, 12:47:42 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 743
i’m more concerned that not one celtic went after bam after that deliberately dirty play. soft.

Exactly. Big part of this team's problem. Lord, they are a passive bunch.

Horford went over and pushed Bam away from Tatum. Are you guys watching the game?

no, he didn’t. al brushed bam’s shoulder running to help up tatum. bam could have taken out our best player with that intentionally dirty play; someone should have sent a message.

And he got a tech for that. We're down Zinger already, what is the realistic outcome you wanted from that situation than stupid, macho violence?

I'd like to see some macho violence myself.

i’d like to see a celtic send a message to miami that their dirty play will have consequences, especially if they try to intentionally hurt a player. doesn’t mean a punch, but how about getting in bam’s face with some words of warning if he continues to play dirty ball. some of you guys are soft.

Yeah, some of you are jumping from one extreme (passive, no response) to another (punch the guy's lights out).
Jumping right into the Miami player's face, chest to chest, with some strong  words by more than one Celtic would be much better.

When was the last finesse team with such a passive personality win the title ?

No, no one is jumping to any extremes. We just recognize that Al - in the situation you described - got a technical foul for his behavior. If that escalates further, punishments will be more severe.

At the point of the game in question, we're up big with little time left. We're down a key player. Just be smart and move on to the next game. There's absolutely no reason to jeopardize your availability in game 5 when game 4 is in hand other than to appease a section of the fanbase that will always be miserable.

The point is that this is a running theme with this team, not retaliating in some way when they are openly insulted by their opponent, Draymond Green, Kyrie Irving, Miami this series. That passive personality takes a toll when other teams know the Celtics can be bullied. If you think that allowing Draymond Green to step into the middle of our timeout huddle during a finals game is not a problem, then you can continue to walk around with your green-tinted glasses with that section of the fan base who is content to lose in the playoffs every year.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce