Author Topic: Boston Celtics vs Milwaukee Bucks Seeding Game #1 7/31/20  (Read 26661 times)

Re: Boston Celtics vs Milwaukee Bucks Seeding Game #1 7/31/20
« Reply #510 on: August 01, 2020, 11:08:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
- Probably Tatum worst game of his career.  He looks out of shape
- Danny screwed up the 2019 NBA draft.  Brandon Clarke looks great for a 20 something pick . Elite hops and underrated skills. 21 points tonight.  Bazely also looking good. Hitting open 3s with ease.  Langford has a broken jump shot and below avg passing skills.  Grant is a hustle blue collar player in this league.  Nothing more. Carsen Edwards... no comment

- Gordon Hayward is looking like Kevin Love with each passing game.  Just like a ghost on the court.  Looks indifferent. Smart should start
- A strong game by Theis
- Kanter was a bad signing and is a poor fit in the Celts system
if all that is true, and we almost beat the bucks, well I like our chances a lot

Bucks own the Celts...  "almost" beating them has been the theme for several years now. Btw yes I believe Brandon Clarke would have forced his way into the lineup for mins.    Sub in for Theis and or Tatum. Instead of Semi who provides very little ... bench last night a whopping what 6 points?

« Reply #511 on: August 01, 2020, 11:15:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Brandon Clarke highlight(21 pts, offensive rebounds etc) last night... would have looked good in a Celts uniform

https://youtu.be/-H4FTI_0uKQ

« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2020, 12:27:28 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Brandon Clarke highlight(21 pts, offensive rebounds etc) last night... would have looked good in a Celts uniform

https://youtu.be/-H4FTI_0uKQ

He is a great finisher inside.

They lost too, bro.

« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
watched on tape delay.  today's hot takes:
- really solid games from Hayward, Smart and Jaylen.  decent games from Theis and Wanamaker. 
- Kemba looked good in his limited minutes but we need him back to regular minutes soon
- TATUM WAS HOT GARBAGE.  I don't know if he's had this bad a game ever.  just a pure negative when he was on the floor.

Bucks had a good game from pretty much all their guys at we were right in this.  They don't scare me if we can get everyone putting in the full effort, not falling behind by a huge amount within minutes and the refs don't blatantly favor the Bucks all game - particularly in the 4th quarter.   Giannis got away with so much ridiculous stuff that the refs should have been fined for incompetence.

Theis and Wanamaker have turned out to be a couple of excellent, highly underrated signing by Ainge. Theis is doing a great job in the middle for us against all sorts of big men, holding his own defensively and fitting into our offense very well.

Wanamaker gives us a boost with vet presence at the PG spot off the bench. Neither are spectacular in any way, but they are both solid every night.

I like our chances against the Bucks in a 7 game series. Smart continues to improve on offense and as a team leader, and Tatum is not going to play that poorly again. We still could have had this game despite Tatum's stinker and the poor officiating.

« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2020, 03:36:22 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/1289378901970628608

I love it! Tell em Marcus!!

That's why I love Marcus and do not ever want him traded -  not only is he tough and helps the team win in so many ways, he tells the truth about so many things. Gianny was patronizing him and not a lot of people would have heard it that way.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2020, 03:44:19 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Despite how absolutely furious and bitter I am right now, at least this proved that we’re a legit competitor. Kemba getting healthy and Tatum getting either his worst or second worst game for the season out of the way and boom.

Why is Kemba not healthy after all this time off ? If his knee isn't rested and without pain now, it's not gonna get that way with more games ? We acquire him and the "iron man" turns into a great scorer with too many miles on him. What exactly is wrong - does Walker ultimately need surgery ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2020, 03:58:49 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/1289378901970628608

I love it! Tell em Marcus!!

That's why I love Marcus and do not ever want him traded -  not only is he tough and helps the team win in so many ways, he tells the truth about so many things. Gianny was patronizing him and not a lot of people would have heard it that way.

At 26 Smart has got to be seen by opponents as a force to reckoned with. His defense and motor are all-NBA, and his offense can carry the team at times. His 3-ball can be feast or famine, but at 38% he's above average from 3.  His passing is getting him nearly 5 assists per game, his scoring is a career high 13+, he's pulling down 4 boards a game, averages 1.6 steals, and he's at a career high 83% from the line.   
Smart is considered our 5th guy.   If the top 4 all really play better than Marcus, this team should be scary.   Last night none of them played better than Marcus.

« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2020, 04:21:13 PM »

Offline wikkid1

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
I kinda understand that reffing is hard, especially at the pace these guys play.

But to have the ability to review plays and still get it wrong is mind boggling. Also, I don’t understand how some plays are still not reviewable.

Yeah, so when they overturned the Giannis charge was that a challenge by Milwaukee? It's supposed to be pretty clear evidence to overturn it, and that certainly wasn't pretty clear.

So i think it actually was. the thing is Smart moved again After Giannis was going into his shooting motion. Once the guy goes up if you're still moving its a blocking foul. Now Giannis palm strike against Theis, and the missed goaltending i think were awful calls. But they got that one right.

Gonna have to agree that Smart moved one foot to get under Giannis while Giannis was in shooting motion.  That’s about the only call the refs got right.  Clear bias for the Bucks in this game.

« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
If you watch the game, the team played quite well.

Tatum had a bad night and that can happen to any player, he started to pass out of his looks and got a couple of assists. Giannis makes everyone look bad on defense.

Hayward was ok, the team would have been better if he had hit harder. His stats were fine, but watch the game.

Team needed Kemba in the last 7 minutes....obviously.

Brown played really really well.

Theis was good as always....

Wanamaker had a good game.

Smart was outstanding. He had two shots that tied the game amd one shot that put the Celtics in front. He is such a wild card, you simply can't guess what he's going to do next.

Grant,Semi & Kanter were ok, but played very little. Grant committed an awful foul on a three pointer.

Celtics bench Minutes - 88  points- 39
Bucks bench minutes - 90  points- 32

Smart really lead the team.

In the 4th, the Bucks were doubling Tatum deep from time to time which was funny as he was so cold.

« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2020, 04:55:23 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610

Tatum had a bad night and that can happen to any player, he started to pass out of his looks and got a couple of assists. Giannis makes everyone look bad on defense.

Hayward was ok, the team would have been better if he had hit harder. His stats were fine, but watch the game.

Smart was outstanding. He had two shots that tied the game amd one shot that put the Celtics in front. He is such a wild card, you simply can't guess what he's going to do next.

Grant,Semi & Kanter were ok, but played very little. Grant committed an awful foul on a three pointer.

In the 4th, the Bucks were doubling Tatum deep from time to time which was funny as he was so cold.

I don’t understand what you mean here?

« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2020, 05:03:37 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I think he meant Hayward should have been more aggressive on offense, which I agree with.

« Reply #521 on: August 01, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Brown played well on offense but how can we say he played "really well" when he was involved in so many just down right terrible, apathetic defensive plays? I'm generally a big fan of Brown but it is shocking how badly he plays defense on certain plays, probably 5-6 (some very critical) plays.   

We are not going to win anything until he starts dialing in defensively like Marcus Smart does. I'm not saying be as good as Smart is defensively, but be as dialed in effort wise. It's just not going to work if he doesn't dial in - you need some other alpha next to Jayson other than Brown (unless he raises his defensive intensity from about 10% to an 80% to 90% level.

He should be seriously disruptive defensively with his combination of length, strength and athleticism. Currently he is unremarkable and quite pedestrian.

« Reply #522 on: August 01, 2020, 05:21:17 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I think he meant Hayward should have been more aggressive on offense, which I agree with.

I would have also liked to see a more aggressive Hayward, especially in the final minutes.  He was making things happen until Tatum checked back in midway through the 4th.  This shouldn't matter if/when Tatum shakes off the rust, but we could certainly use Utah Hayward on certain occassions.

« Reply #523 on: August 01, 2020, 05:23:07 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
He needs to become more of a defensive leader by example of effort and intensity. He is currently a passenger with a bag of popcorn.

« Reply #524 on: August 01, 2020, 06:22:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Despite how absolutely furious and bitter I am right now, at least this proved that we’re a legit competitor. Kemba getting healthy and Tatum getting either his worst or second worst game for the season out of the way and boom.

Why is Kemba not healthy after all this time off ? If his knee isn't rested and without pain now, it's not gonna get that way with more games ? We acquire him and the "iron man" turns into a great scorer with too many miles on him. What exactly is wrong - does Walker ultimately need surgery ?
Honestly? No clue whatsoever. It may well be cause for concern. I’m not sure though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)