Author Topic: Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5  (Read 138173 times)

Re: Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5
« Reply #765 on: February 06, 2009, 03:28:58 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
man i wish we had waltah macarty for this game  ;D

« Reply #766 on: February 06, 2009, 04:32:09 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
on Espn's front page:  The Lakers did what few believed possible Thursday: They beat the Celtics, in Boston, without Andrew Bynum. It took overtime, but Kobe & Co. outlasted the defending champions 110-109

Few believed this was possible? is that why everyone picked the Lakers-without Bynum- last year in the finals???

Does Bynum really change everything about the lakers so much?

Obviously ESPN wanted to point out how good the Lakers are... OMG, I wanna throw up... It's so bad to know that behind this Lakers team there is a league and a whole media-world supporting them...where's the justice my Lord??

Take solace in the fact that they had the league and media behind them in the finals too. And look how that turned out  ;D

Yes, and the Lakers lost at home to Charlotte. Let's give them a cookie for beating the Celtics in a regular season game. I hate the media. If the Lakers had lost they would still find away to put a good spin on it. The problem with this win though is there was no KG in the deciding moments. Did not read the article but I am guessing nothing about what a cheap call that was to get KG out of the game. I can't stand reading those article win or lose when C's play the Lakers because of the bias. If that had somehow happened to Kobe they would be talking about it incessantly. But apparently that does not matter. Hate ESPN they don't even try to hide their bias.  ESPN all thought Lakers were going to win in the finals and when they lost they backpedaled by using Bynum as an excuse. It's sickening. ::)

Sorry, end of rant but it gets on my nerves.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 04:39:47 AM by NoraG1 »

« Reply #767 on: February 06, 2009, 04:46:26 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
and (put this one on the record) I would've preferred to have Scal or Powe in instead of Baby in those last few minutes. As much as the refs really screwed us, Baby was the reason we actually lost the game. Whether you want to say "Baby lost the game" or "The refs cost us the game by fouling out KG on a bogus call" or "This just exposes our lack of a good big guy backup"... well, it's all pretty much leads to the same conclusion: a championship-caliber team needs somebody better than Baby as a backup.

as we say baby is much better suited for guys like dhoward, shaq etc.. not on guys like gasol, odom. powe plays much better against the fakers than davis but sad to say we need room for paul and rondo to operate.

btw i really though that the davis shot which got blocked was going in.. you could see it from afar.. but you could also see the block too  ;)

no one is saying that rooting for cleveland is gona help the team, but it sure helps some fans feel better. come to think of it theres a bit of a chance that rooting for them would help the team. why? because if it comes down to homecourt advantage, now we cannot do anything about the lakers, other than hoping they would lose more games than us.. in fact, 2 more. but with cleveland its different, the c's can do something about it bec they stil have 2 games to play.

not that its that important but as a fan we the right to choose who to cheer for when two teams battle it out  :)

I could care less about homecourt against the lakers, sorry but we have 0 chance at even getting to the finals without homecourt in the east, we arent a good enough basketball team right now to win a 7 game series against cleveland if they have homecourt.. so i root against cleveland regardless...I hate the lakers, but the cavs just as much

But, again..i would be shocked to see the lakers go into cleveland and shoot 9 more free throws then them, get all the calls that could go either way, etc, because unlike us, the cavaliers get homecooking

Well, I guess Cavs aren't a good enough team to beat the Celtics if Celtics have home court advantage either. I agree with that also. Home court advantage is important as we found out last year.

« Reply #768 on: February 06, 2009, 06:52:26 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
on Espn's front page:  The Lakers did what few believed possible Thursday: They beat the Celtics, in Boston, without Andrew Bynum. It took overtime, but Kobe & Co. outlasted the defending champions 110-109

Few believed this was possible? is that why everyone picked the Lakers-without Bynum- last year in the finals???

Does Bynum really change everything about the lakers so much?

Obviously ESPN wanted to point out how good the Lakers are... OMG, I wanna throw up... It's so bad to know that behind this Lakers team there is a league and a whole media-world supporting them...where's the justice my Lord??

Take solace in the fact that they had the league and media behind them in the finals too. And look how that turned out  ;D

Yes, and the Lakers lost at home to Charlotte. Let's give them a cookie for beating the Celtics in a regular season game. I hate the media. If the Lakers had lost they would still find away to put a good spin on it. The problem with this win though is there was no KG in the deciding moments. Did not read the article but I am guessing nothing about what a cheap call that was to get KG out of the game. I can't stand reading those article win or lose when C's play the Lakers because of the bias. If that had somehow happened to Kobe they would be talking about it incessantly. But apparently that does not matter. Hate ESPN they don't even try to hide their bias.  ESPN all thought Lakers were going to win in the finals and when they lost they backpedaled by using Bynum as an excuse. It's sickening. ::)

Sorry, end of rant but it gets on my nerves.
What gets me about that play that fouled KG out of the game was when Pau Gasol was swiping at the ball he was hitting KG's arm each time he swiped.The official was right on top of it but didn't call it but he called a ticky tacky acting job by Fisher.I almost forgot Fisher spends every free moment(timeouts),between foul shots in the officals faces/ear complaining. 

« Reply #769 on: February 06, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
and (put this one on the record) I would've preferred to have Scal or Powe in instead of Baby in those last few minutes. As much as the refs really screwed us, Baby was the reason we actually lost the game. Whether you want to say "Baby lost the game" or "The refs cost us the game by fouling out KG on a bogus call" or "This just exposes our lack of a good big guy backup"... well, it's all pretty much leads to the same conclusion: a championship-caliber team needs somebody better than Baby as a backup.

as we say baby is much better suited for guys like dhoward, shaq etc.. not on guys like gasol, odom. powe plays much better against the fakers than davis but sad to say we need room for paul and rondo to operate.

btw i really though that the davis shot which got blocked was going in.. you could see it from afar.. but you could also see the block too  ;)

no one is saying that rooting for cleveland is gona help the team, but it sure helps some fans feel better. come to think of it theres a bit of a chance that rooting for them would help the team. why? because if it comes down to homecourt advantage, now we cannot do anything about the lakers, other than hoping they would lose more games than us.. in fact, 2 more. but with cleveland its different, the c's can do something about it bec they stil have 2 games to play.

not that its that important but as a fan we the right to choose who to cheer for when two teams battle it out  :)

I could care less about homecourt against the lakers, sorry but we have 0 chance at even getting to the finals without homecourt in the east, we arent a good enough basketball team right now to win a 7 game series against cleveland if they have homecourt.. so i root against cleveland regardless...I hate the lakers, but the cavs just as much

But, again..i would be shocked to see the lakers go into cleveland and shoot 9 more free throws then them, get all the calls that could go either way, etc, because unlike us, the cavaliers get homecooking

Well, I guess Cavs aren't a good enough team to beat the Celtics if Celtics have home court advantage either. I agree with that also. Home court advantage is important as we found out last year.

I actually think the cavs have a much better chance at beating us in boston than us winning in cleveland...we play terrible basketball in cleveland and they've shown signs of being able to win here, and they are a much better team now...Cavs are the best home team in the league
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce