Author Topic: Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5  (Read 138988 times)

Re: Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5
« Reply #720 on: February 05, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Celtics just need to re-focus and not start another losing streak. If it comes down to a tie-breaker for homecourt the league better remember those two "road" games against the Clippers that's inflating the Lakers record.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #721 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The way they took the lead with those Odom free throws was so lame too.  
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #722 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Overall, the only thing I saw wrong with the refs tonight was the play against KG that got him fouled out.  Not one person can deny that that was a terrible call and had a MAJOR effect on the game.

Once again, the talk is coming up about needing a vet big.  Yes this is true.  Especially tonight on Gasol without KG in there.  But we keep talking about it, and nothing is happening.  Until someone is actually signed, lets not talk about it.  It's annoying.

This team really needs to work on its problems with turnovers.  If I had to choose one achilles heel on this team right now, it's gotta be the turnovers.  Ugly ugly stuff...and it's gonna truly burn you against a great team.

« Reply #723 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:54 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Terrible loss, Have to play in New York tommorow which makes it worse..

The Lakers gonna get those calls in cleveland? no I can guarantee it

out of the elite teams, we seem to be getting punked by the refs and not getting the calls we should, especially at home

16 turnovers, woo, people are just noticing this now? and by the way I know we did this last year, but when all the other teams are being built to beat you, you're not going to get away with turning the ball over like that 2 years in a row...we need a ballhandler who can shoot and a big man.. since when is Gasol better than KG by the way?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #724 on: February 05, 2009, 11:41:01 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Let's stop b******* about the ****'
refs. Seriously, it makes us sound like
Lakers fans. That's probably the worst
thing a person could call you. Seriously!

okay now im officially rooting for cleveland against them. then we must beat cleveland. i dunno but that makes me feel a lot better

Cleveland has a shot at 41-0 at home.
Celts own the all-time record at 40-1.
I think we've got quite the dilemma
right there  ???

I think I hate the Laker so much, that I won't even care if Cleveland breaks our all-time record (okay maybe I do). I just want them to lose at any cause. I'd rather give away my sneaker collection than ever root for the Lakers, seriously.

My hatred for the Lakers just skyrocketed pass my hatred for the Yankees after this season.  >:(
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #725 on: February 05, 2009, 11:41:33 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

okay now im officially rooting for cleveland against them. then we must beat cleveland. i dunno but that makes me feel a lot better

right there  ???

I'd rather kill myself than root for the Lakers, especially after this game...
GO CAVS!!!!!

Are you calling me a Laker Lover?!  ;D
Well, seriously, look up the definition
of "dilemma" and you'll see what I mean.

No way I'm calling you like that, I'm not that evil... ;D
However, I think we'll have a chance to beat the Cavs and ruin their home record, so there is not even a dilemma for me... ;)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #726 on: February 05, 2009, 11:41:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. the lakers...that is all i will say...

« Reply #727 on: February 05, 2009, 11:42:14 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Terrible loss, Have to play in New York tommorow which makes it worse..

The Lakers gonna get those calls in cleveland? no I can guarantee it

out of the elite teams, we seem to be getting punked by the refs and not getting the calls we should, especially at home

The only player in the league that the refs love more than Kobe, is Lebron.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #728 on: February 05, 2009, 11:42:25 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I got way to into the game to follow Rondo's numbers as closely as I usually do.  He had a nice little 16 12 and 8 effort.  I thought he played well in the second half after a ragged start.  That one rebound he had was HUGE.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #729 on: February 05, 2009, 11:43:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
in the 2 games vs LA....the lakers have had more FTs...

« Reply #730 on: February 05, 2009, 11:44:27 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Of course I'll root for Cleveland.  I'm not sure it's possible for me to root for the Lakers under any circumstances.  That probably goes for 90% of the rest of us too. 

90%? If i had a son playing for the lakers i wouldn't root for him

You wouldn't root for your son?!
You think Paul's mom is not rooting
for him, being from LA and all?
I take it you're just in a bad mood
right now. I would really would like
to hear if you feel the same tomorrow.
I really, really mean that!!!
Seeing that your son's LAKER money
could buy you all sorts of nice stuff  ;)

« Reply #731 on: February 05, 2009, 11:45:21 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I think if PP had a good offensive game we easily win this game, even without KG.  He played great D, but he was not good on offense at all. :(
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #732 on: February 05, 2009, 11:46:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston had plenty of chances to blow the game open....3 plays come to mind: the odom 3....the sasha 3 ane the farmer 3 all took momentum for the celtics....but the play where kobe forearmed pierce was horrible...and someone still explain how gasol had only 1 foul...everyone else in the post had 5 and 6....

« Reply #733 on: February 05, 2009, 11:47:25 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

right there  ???

I'd rather kill myself than root for the Lakers, especially after this game...
GO CAVS!!!!!

Are you calling me a Laker Lover?!  ;D
Well, seriously, look up the definition
of "dilemma" and you'll see what I mean.

No way I'm calling you like that, I'm not that evil... ;D
However, I think we'll have a chance to beat the Cavs and ruin their home record, so there is not even a dilemma for me... ;)

yeah.. in my own ideal world thats what i want to happen. cleveland destroys faakers and we beat cleveland twice. but realistically we have to wish the fakers win bec its cleveland we want homecourt against, not the fakers. so yeah.. thats a dilemna but my hatred for the fakers is greater than my worry against the cavs

it was terribly officiated in their favor but there were numerous times we couldve won the game.. it wouldnt even go into overtime

« Reply #734 on: February 05, 2009, 11:47:28 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If I was at that game I would've a punched any Lakers fan, who said a word, in the face. I seriously need to hit something write now. This loss is just really hard to except, and to be honest I don't think the Refs are a legit excuse. We got beat. Bad officiating on both sides we probably got hurt the most, but we had plenty of opportunities just like the last game.