Author Topic: NBA Finals 2015-2016 thread  (Read 162162 times)

Re: NBA Finals 2015-2016 thread
« Reply #1845 on: June 20, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
While the entire team is to blame for last night, I feel that if we really wanted to look into the Warriors losing, it's Draymond Green and Steve Kerr

Draymond fouled too much and it bit him in the a** in the long run. Had he not been an idiot about kicking people in their respected "daddy areas", Warriors win this in 5. Luckily he understands that now that he's lost during the Finals, which is why they'll definitely be back in at least the WCF, in my opinion.

Kerr was too laid back and needed to instil more discipline. He had AMPLE opportunities to sit his starters and be more than 100% for the playoffs. Unfortunately, he insisted the players decide that and the players wanted to give up fresh legs for a record that's meaningless unless you cap it off with a ring. Call the shots Kerr. All of them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:52:12 PM by straightouttabahstun »

« Reply #1846 on: June 20, 2016, 06:46:20 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
While the entire team is to blame for last night, I feel that if we really wanted to look into the Warriors losing, it's Draymond Green and Steve Kerr

Draymond fouled too much and it bit him in the a** in the long run. Had he not been an idiot about kicking people in their respected "daddy areas", Warriors win this in 5. Luckily he understands that now that he's lost when it matters , which is why they'll definitely be back in at least the WCF, in my opinion.

Kerr was too laid back and needed to instil more discipline. He had AMPLE opportunities to sit his starters and be more than 100% for the playoffs. Unfortunately, he insisted the players decide that and the players wanted to give up fresh legs for a record that's meaningless unless you cap it off with a ring. Call the shots Kerr. All of them.

Phone was weird and i somehow quoted myself. Is there an option for deleting posts in case of this?

« Reply #1847 on: June 20, 2016, 06:46:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Draymond fouled too much and it bit him in the a** in the long run. Had he not been an idiot about kicking people in their respected "daddy areas", Warriors win this in 5. Luckily he understands that, which is why they'll definitely be back in at least the WCF, in my opinion.

I agree with all of this. I would also add Kerr's rotations definitely left something to be desired. It became clear after a handful of possessions that Ezeli was a huge net negative. He should not have gone back out in the second half.

« Reply #1848 on: June 20, 2016, 06:56:01 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Yup. Justice for Draymond. Tremendous player but repeated nut  shots? That's so cowardly and weak.  Love the shirt by Lebron. Loved the jawing between Lebron and curry . This has been missing from the league. Glad to see the refs didn't pull the double tech bs.

« Reply #1849 on: June 20, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Let's get back to where opponents hate eachother!

« Reply #1850 on: June 20, 2016, 07:43:41 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Not sure if it would have worked but the Warriors needed more fire yesterday and Barbosa
is a guy who can bring the fire and juice up the crowd. They needed to get the crowd going to help them out of their collective funk...

« Reply #1851 on: June 20, 2016, 07:52:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

Draymond fouled too much and it bit him in the a** in the long run. Had he not been an idiot about kicking people in their respected "daddy areas", Warriors win this in 5. Luckily he understands that, which is why they'll definitely be back in at least the WCF, in my opinion.

I agree with all of this. I would also add Kerr's rotations definitely left something to be desired. It became clear after a handful of possessions that Ezeli was a huge net negative. He should not have gone back out in the second half.

That move alone cost them the Finals.

« Reply #1852 on: June 20, 2016, 11:42:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Delly is an NBA champion. The haters can go and... please themselves.  ;D ;D ;D

More rings than Barkley and Malone combined!
Yup

« Reply #1853 on: June 21, 2016, 12:05:36 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I see this popping up around the web now, love the dig at the Warriors by LeBron:

LOLOL...

That's hilarious.   "Ultimate Warrior".  That's coOOoollld BloOOoooded.   

LeBron is awesome.   Can't wait for Space Jam 2.

« Reply #1854 on: June 21, 2016, 12:54:59 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Things to take away from this Finals.

1.  Some folks need to apologize to Oscar Robertson and Charles Barkley.  When they said Curry wouldn't be able to do what he's doing against physical defense, they were widely mocked as "haters" and out-of-touch old timers.  But both The Big O and Sir Charles were right.  Cleveland was allowed to bump, grab and touch up Curry and Thompson, turning Thompson mostly into just another guy and transforming Curry from superhuman to very, very good player.

Mike

1. Curry’s knee wasn’t right. It takes at least 2 weeks of non-stressful use for a knee sprain to heal. He had 3 or 4 days before he had to play on it again. Paul Pierce had to play with a sprained knee in the playoffs of 2012. He could drain a 3 sometimes, but wasn't his usual self.

2.The counter to what Oscar Robertson and Charles Barkley said is that Curry would have goons on his team that protected him by retaliating against players that roughed him up.

« Reply #1855 on: June 21, 2016, 01:39:28 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I see this popping up around the web now, love the dig at the Warriors by LeBron:

LOLOL...

That's hilarious.   "Ultimate Warrior".  That's coOOoollld BloOOoooded.   

LeBron is awesome.  Can't wait for Space Jam 2.

::) I guess it's better than having one of Ron Artest's Tru Warrior ones, right?  Do they even make those, lol? ;D Btw, it's probably just me, but did anyone else notice how Silver didn't just give Lebron the Finals MVP trophy - he said that Lebron was the award's unanimous winner?  I don't know, maybe it's just me, but that sounded like a dig at Curry.  You stay classy, NBA (sarcasm) ::).   

« Reply #1856 on: June 21, 2016, 01:48:55 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Not sure if it would have worked but the Warriors needed more fire yesterday and Barbosa
is a guy who can bring the fire and juice up the crowd. They needed to get the crowd going to help them out of their collective funk...

Speights would have helped too.  The 20 minutes Ezeli and Varejao played were terrible for the Warriors.

« Reply #1857 on: June 21, 2016, 01:49:41 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

1.  Some folks need to apologize to Oscar Robertson and Charles Barkley.  When they said Curry wouldn't be able to do what he's doing against physical defense, they were widely mocked as "haters" and out-of-touch old timers.  But both The Big O and Sir Charles were right.  Cleveland was allowed to bump, grab and touch up Curry and Thompson, turning Thompson mostly into just another guy and transforming Curry from superhuman to very, very good player.

Mike

1. Curry’s knee wasn’t right. It takes at least 2 weeks of non-stressful use for a knee sprain to heal. He had 3 or 4 days before he had to play on it again. Paul Pierce had to play with a sprained knee in the playoffs of 2012. He could drain a 3 sometimes, but wasn't his usual self.

2.The counter to what Oscar Robertson and Charles Barkley said is that Curry would have goons on his team that protected him by retaliating against players that roughed him up.
Heh... after every loss they'd blame Steph's injury, but that dude was incredible in some games ... maybe he miraculously healed himself when convenient. 

It's equally incredible that Lord James was able to defy all odds and accomplish things like this in spite of his injury-riddled wrist:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd2GCwkTd38

« Reply #1858 on: June 21, 2016, 02:08:47 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:45:41 AM by alley oop »

« Reply #1859 on: June 21, 2016, 02:42:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Mike

Heh... after every loss they'd blame Steph's injury, but that dude was incredible in some games ... maybe he miraculously healed himself when convenient. 

It's equally incredible that Lord James was able to defy all odds and accomplish things like this in spite of his injury-riddled wrist:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd2GCwkTd38

I thought he injured that with less than a minute to go in Game 7?