Author Topic: Dallas forums now looking Like Boston Forums  (Read 20017 times)

Re: Dallas forums now looking Like Boston Forums
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Ouch

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Lotta Jameer nostalgia there.  Not a good sign.

Of course some fans will gripe and Chicken Little no matter what, but there seems to be some cause for concern there.  I don't think they were a real contender with or without Rondo anyway, but the buyer's remorse is palpable.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rondo has greatly improved their defense.  In the playoffs, that should pay off.

However, there's definitely been a noticeable decline in their offense with Rondo, too.  They're arguably a worse team now -- especially in the regular season -- than they were prior to the trade.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:00:56 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Depending on how that Dallas pick turns out, this trade could become a steal, just not the way people thought when it was consummated.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:26 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
If things go south Rondo might leave Dallas at the end of the year too.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 11:07:25 AM »

Offline IlCapitano

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Dallas, like Spurs, is a team more suited for playoff style basketball. Or at least, better suited for that style than other teams. And honestly, not related to this Rondo thread, that forum is by far the worst sports forum I have ever read. EVER.

I mean, at one point these kind of threads and posts were created for Dirk. They started calling him a scrub, called for his retirement, etc. Some posters there are still bashing Monta Ellis after everything he's done for them this season. Basically every player outside of Tyson is called out.
Tommy Heinsohn:"Worst nightmare in the NBA is Rondo with a jump shot." B-)

Celtic Pride!

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 11:30:03 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Dallas, like Spurs, is a team more suited for playoff style basketball. Or at least, better suited for that style than other teams. And honestly, not related to this Rondo thread, that forum is by far the worst sports forum I have ever read. EVER.

I mean, at one point these kind of threads and posts were created for Dirk. They started calling him a scrub, called for his retirement, etc. Some posters there are still bashing Monta Ellis after everything he's done for them this season. Basically every player outside of Tyson is called out.

So a lot like here?

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:03 AM »

Offline Sundov Millionaire

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
http://mavericks.scout.com/forums/2144-mavericks-discussion/13610099-rajon-rondo-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-the-nba?s=268

TP for posting.. I was really wondering how people felt about our boy when his Draft Kings points per night have been in the teens.. poor guy.. I really thought he would make the Mavs unstoppable, but on the other hand I thought Jae Crowder should get 40 mins a night two weeks ago

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:30 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

So a lot like here?

Eh, I never really saw anybody around here calling Pierce washed up or a scrub -  there was some criticism but usually really specific and situational (stop taking isos in crunch time! etc).

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Hopefully they don't buy into the hype of thinking "playoff Rondo" is coming in the playoffs. They better have tempered expectations because they have Clark Kent not Superman.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »

Offline banty19

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 25
I've watched a bunch of Mavericks game and it's been refreshing not to have him playing on my favorite team.

He still dominates the ball and kills the flow of their offense. Amazingly, his FT% is lower than with Boston. It's an unthinkable .263 with Dallas so he's afraid to go to the line. And it's even the little things that show he's too concerned about stats. There was an end of quarter scenario with a few seconds left and he avoided the shot to improve his percentages.

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 12:35:21 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
dallas has some real problems, and most of them have little to do with rondo.
dirk has always been a bad defender, but now he is truly awful. he doesn't defend, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't attack the rim.
his shooting is still good enough to make him a useful player, but he has some enormous holes in his game now which don't all show up on the stat sheet.
monta plays little defense, and parsons isn't good, either.
that leaves rondo, who is a mixed bag, and chandler, who  used to be elite but is getting old.
add to that a shallow bench and they are going to have some struggles. i agree with some other posters that their offense will be proportionally better in the playoffs considering the shift in style of play that happens. IMO rondo will be OK, though it seems like he might not be able to carry that team the way some might have hoped. the real key will be whether novitzky and chandler have enough in the tank to anchor the offense and D, respectively, at a championship level.