Author Topic: Clippers 1st round pick watch thread  (Read 15660 times)

Re: Clippers 1st round pick watch thread
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I wouldn't be too excited about it. I understand that not having Blake Griffin would certainly help the Clippers, but I think CP3 and Doc Rivers would be able to atleast contain the damage until Blake comes back.

Although, a pick in the mid teens - early 20's still wouldn't be as bad, as a lot thought it will be in the late 20's.

Mid teens puts you in an entire different class of player. Could mean upgrading to someone like Montrezl Harel from a less than stellar Christian Wood.

Oh definitely.

I'm just saying that I'm not going to expect that Clippers pick to be in the lottery. I think there's enough of a cushion and talent there for it to fall out of the Playoffs.

Either way, we got something...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Griffin out ....has a domino effect on team health

Stresses little tiny 6 ft tall Paul to play out of his mind to carry the load.

I predict ......if the Clippers play all out till seasons end

Paul winds up injured as well .

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2015, 05:48:18 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Overly wishful thinking.

They are currently tied for the 6th best record in the league and you expect them to drop off the map?

You're putting words in my mouth with an overly simple statement.

In summary all I basically said due to their schedule the rest of the season, and more specifically their next 24 games things could get interesting especially given how well teams right below them are playing.

But ignoring how well they are playing.

In the last 10, they are 7-3.

The teams below them:
6-4
7-3
8-2
7-3
5-5

One team is 1 game better then them in the last 10 games.

Did you check out who they played in their last 10 games or ignore that?

4 of those wins were against lottery teams 76rs, Lakers, Celtics, and Kings, and 5th win against a Nets team hanging on for dear life.

They also won against the Mavs and Blazers but lost against the Hawks, Heat, and Cavs.  Going 2 and 3 here to me is more indicative of what they are up against over the next 24 games.

Try and spin it anyway you like doesn't change the fact they have played well.  They are still tied with the 6th best record in the league.  And every playoff team plays the same amount of lottery teams and playoff teams.

It is wishful thinking that they are somehow going to have a major drop without an unexpected event (think major injury to Paul or Blake)

Because teams going on weirdly long winning or losing streaks NEVER happens in the NBA.  Nope.  Not once in the entire history of the NBA has a team in the top 6 of the conference standings EVER ended the season out of the playoffs, with or without a major injury.  I mean, that would be like a team with LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love playing .500 ball through almost half of an entire regular season.

It's just unpossible!

Mike
The Clips have a 6 game lead on NOP and a 7.5 game lead on OKC.  Its really hard to lose that big of a lead with 30 games left.  The Griffin injury certainly helps but NOP has no chance if Davis misses more than a couple games.

It's certainly not likely and less so with Davis getting hurt, but there's nothing ridiculous about wondering if a team like the Clips (outside the top 4 in the conference with a bad bench) could miss the playoffs.

Mike
Definitely not ridiculous with the strength of the west.  NOP has a very easy schedule coming up.  They only play one over .500 team in their next 11 games.  So if they have Davis, they should rack up a lot of wins.
It's a big lead but with the strength of the West could make it happen, contingent on Davis' health.

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Overly wishful thinking.

They are currently tied for the 6th best record in the league and you expect them to drop off the map?

You're putting words in my mouth with an overly simple statement.

In summary all I basically said due to their schedule the rest of the season, and more specifically their next 24 games things could get interesting especially given how well teams right below them are playing.

But ignoring how well they are playing.

In the last 10, they are 7-3.

The teams below them:
6-4
7-3
8-2
7-3
5-5

One team is 1 game better then them in the last 10 games.

Did you check out who they played in their last 10 games or ignore that?

4 of those wins were against lottery teams 76rs, Lakers, Celtics, and Kings, and 5th win against a Nets team hanging on for dear life.

They also won against the Mavs and Blazers but lost against the Hawks, Heat, and Cavs.  Going 2 and 3 here to me is more indicative of what they are up against over the next 24 games.

Try and spin it anyway you like doesn't change the fact they have played well.  They are still tied with the 6th best record in the league.  And every playoff team plays the same amount of lottery teams and playoff teams.

It is wishful thinking that they are somehow going to have a major drop without an unexpected event (think major injury to Paul or Blake)

Because teams going on weirdly long winning or losing streaks NEVER happens in the NBA.  Nope.  Not once in the entire history of the NBA has a team in the top 6 of the conference standings EVER ended the season out of the playoffs, with or without a major injury.  I mean, that would be like a team with LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love playing .500 ball through almost half of an entire regular season.

It's just unpossible!

Mike

So the comparison is the Cavs beginning of their first season together and when Lebron was out?

And as I said

going to have a major drop without an unexpected event (think major injury to Paul or Blake)

They are likely going to have a tough stretch unless someone down lows picks up some slack.  They still have one of the top players in the league so I wouldn't expect a complete free fall and it is still up to the teams behind them to start playing much better to really have a chance to push them out.