Author Topic: Dwight Howard reportedly strongly considering Houston and Dallas  (Read 8460 times)

Re: Dwight Howard reportedly strongly considering Houston and Dallas
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Houston already has one of the best offenses in the NBA. Add in a go to post player that commands double teams?

Also, any team Howard plays for is a surely going to get a boost defensively. He gives confidence to everybody else and the Rockets would rebounding would also excel - (Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Howard, and Asik - all capable rebounders for their position!)
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Now just like the Magic , LA are tied up and what can they do till DH makes up his mind....

LA asked for this DH mess , I'm hoping they live to regret getting mixed up with him......they deserve DH and all the rings they WON'T win while he is there.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I'd ask the Rockets for Donatas Motiejunas, Terrence Jones, and a 1st round pick for Pierce. Motiejunas has the talent to be a very good scorer as a stretch 4/5. Doc would play him 40 minutes a night.

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I'd ask the Rockets for Donatas Motiejunas, Terrence Jones, and a 1st round pick for Pierce. Motiejunas has the talent to be a very good scorer as a stretch 4/5. Doc would play him 40 minutes a night.

Jeeez!!! Rockets get the steal of the decade
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

steal of the decade for basically a salary dump? Really? We get what is in essence 3 1st round picks for a player who's going to get cut either by us or the rockets. What do you expect to get for Pierce? They aren't trading for him to keep him on the roster. His name may as well be Shavlik Randolph or DJ White at this point. It's the contract they are trading for.

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Now just like the Magic , LA are tied up and what can they do till DH makes up his mind....

LA asked for this DH mess , I'm hoping they live to regret getting mixed up with him......they deserve DH and all the rings they WON'T win while he is there.

They thought it was an upgrade from being in the same situation with Andrew Bynum.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 09:38:35 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Well who wouldn't want to be in the great state of Texas
DKC Suns

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

They thought it was an upgrade from being in the same situation with Andrew Bynum.

and sadly enough, considering Bynum's issues, it was

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 10:08:21 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think at the end of the day however, the Lakers still end up in the Howard equation somehow.

Either he resigns in LA or the Lakers use Dwight in a sign and trade.

I was actually thinking to myself the other day, wouldn't the Bulls be another great fit for Howard?

If Derrick Rose wants to come back to a better team, what about LA dealing Howard in a S/T along with Gasol for Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer.

The Bulls put together their best pairing since Michael and Scottie in Howard/Rose and LA gets a pretty hefty return from Chicago.

I just don't think the Lakers get left in the cold in the whole Howard deal.

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 10:10:38 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

steal of the decade for basically a salary dump? Really? We get what is in essence 3 1st round picks for a player who's going to get cut either by us or the rockets. What do you expect to get for Pierce? They aren't trading for him to keep him on the roster. His name may as well be Shavlik Randolph or DJ White at this point. It's the contract they are trading for.

So they can reroute Pierce to the Lakers for DH?

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 10:13:07 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I think in the end we probably don't get that much value for Pierce. It might not hurt to temper your expectations now, so you aren't p---ed when they move him for less.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 10:13:13 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

So they can cut him before June 30th and clear enough cap space to sign Howard.

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Would that even work? Pierce keeps 5 million on the books even if he's waived. Those contracts don't add up to $1 do they?

I think the Rockets need to move Asik or Lin, or a bigger haul of the mid-1st assets they've gotten together to make it worthwhile.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 10:37:45 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Would that even work? Pierce keeps 5 million on the books even if he's waived. Those contracts don't add up to $1 do they?

I think the Rockets need to move Asik or Lin, or a bigger haul of the mid-1st assets they've gotten together to make it worthwhile.
If they were to deal us Asik for Pierce what prospects would you want to make it worthwhile?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 11:52:11 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Houston would be ridiculous with Howard. Howard would also have McHale as a coach, which can't hurt his post game.