Author Topic: The Knicks are title contenders  (Read 12273 times)

Re: The Knicks are title contenders
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 04:16:33 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Sure, the Knicks are title contenders and the Wizards, Nets, Jazz and Lakers are title contenders as well...LOL.

Stop the LIN-SANITY!

Lets see how Amare and Carmelo feel about playing on Jeremy Lin's team before we hand the Knicks the title.

The great irony is that the Knicks are a more cohesive, successful team without their two most "talented" players, because of Lin.  What a great story.  I hated the Knicks my whole life, but now find myself rooting for them, all because of Jeremy Lin.  I love how may experts continue to just shrug, unable to process what just happened.  

its because of Melo....the Knicks were a cohesive group when it was amare, chandler, gallo too..

once Melo comes back, I expect him to be a ball hog and take 20-25shots a night like he usually does and make the offense stall...guy is a talented player..but a black hole at times for the offense

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 74
Anyone want to get on this bandwagon now?

This is coming from one of the biggest Knick-haters alive.

Jeremy Lin - MVP?

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 03:34:02 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I have to admit, this Knicks team is very likeable and they are for real, they are legit title contenders now with Lin and JR Smith. If I where the GM, I would trade Melo.

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 03:38:09 PM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
I have to admit, this Knicks team is very likeable and they are for real,

The Knicks are never likeable.  I wish nothing but total, unmitigated suffering on that franchise and their fans (the worst in sports.)  I cannot decide which is worse for them and better for me.  Seeing Charles Smith blow layup-after-layup against Chicago, or John Starks go 2-18 in the deciding Game 7 when they were sooooooooo close ; OR that 15 years of overpaid, mediocre, crap they just had with Layden and Isiah.  Eternal suffering on all things Knicks.

they are legit title contenders now with Lin and JR Smith. If I where the GM, I would trade Melo.

Unless they could get back Dwight Howard, they should keep Melo.  He's still one of the best, if not the best, fourth quarter scorer in the game.  Gotta have a guy like that to win.  He will do his best to fit in.  Believe me.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 03:44:47 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I dont think they can take out the Heat, but they are for real.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I do not think they are for real yet until they win in the playoffs.  I have doubts about their coach too and his ability to win in the playoffs.  Some teams do great in the regular season and the Knicks are full of a lot of those guys who have never won jack in the NBA.

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
they have all the pieces. Knicks are def legit. Title contenders though not yet.

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
depensing on how things shape up as far as seeding i see them & MIA in a 6 game series in the east finals with the heat prevaling

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
"Beat the Heat, Thunder, And Bulls (with Rose) a few times. Maybe win a playoff series for the first time since Allen Houston had knees." - everybody.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
They're not getting by Miami or Chicago in the East, let alone winning a title.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
I do not think they are for real yet until they win in the playoffs. 

You could say that about the 2008 Celtics, even though about 85% of Celtics fans thought they'd win it all for the majority of that season.  And they were clearly the best team, and Vegas had them as favorites from about mid-November to the end.

I have doubts about their coach too and his ability to win in the playoffs.

Remember that was a fear some had here of Doc Rivers? ESPECIALLY after 2005 when he got WORKED by Carlisle and a badly undermanned Pacer team beat a far more talented Celtics team?

Never won a playoff series,  Some teams do great in the regular season and the Knicks are full of a lot of those guys who have never won jack in the NBA.

D'Antoni has.  Stoudemire and Melo hae reached the WCFs (hmmm, just like how the furthest Pierce, KG, and Ray ever went was to the CFs just once on their prior teams.)  Chandler was a huge reason (if not the #2 reason) why Dallas won a ring last year.

Horrible logic on your part.  Are all teams just 'thrown out' because they've never won the championship in immediate history?  And even that may be irrelevant anyways because their team leader (Chandler) is a guy who went to Dallas, made them a defensive team, won a title the only year he was there, and went to the Knicks.  Dallas never did a [dang] thing without him, and won't do anything without him again either.  And he's a Knick now.  Sporting a 20+ PER and shooting 70% from the field.
[/quote]

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
theyre not winning as long as Melo is there, I mean Lin had 4 great games but once Melo and Amar'e comes back, we do not know how that will affect Lin's game...

now if Lin, Fields, SF, Amar'e and Chandler, thats a good team, I say trade Melo for role players...

Would you say the Knicks are contenders if Melo tears his ACL?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The Knicks are a .500 basketball team, good enough for 8th seed  ;D

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2012, 03:59:15 PM »

Offline IrishGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
When Melo returns they well drop games...alot.

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2012, 04:02:48 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
"Beat the Heat, Thunder, And Bulls (with Rose) a few times. Maybe win a playoff series for the first time since Allen Houston had knees." - everybody.

Well hey, what about the Celtics' transition from 2007 to 2008? 2nd worst team in the league one year, and NBA champs the next? Anything's possible.
I like Marcus Smart