Author Topic: Has Lebron ever been in foul trouble?  (Read 12552 times)

Re: Has Lebron ever been in foul trouble?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
LeBron doesn't foul. He waits.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2010, 05:38:53 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
he is the greatest non foulin playa ever in the game!!

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 05:50:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Foul? What foul? :o

Haha and this picture shows the other thing about LeBron. He is an absolute cry baby. Even with his one foul a game that is called on him he just moans and whines to the refs about it... Its like he doesnt know what the whistle means because it never gets called against him.

Also, the cry baby syndrome rolls over to his injuries. Did you see the way he kicked and stomped the floor after Garnett may or may not have hit LeBron in the eye? What a toolbox.

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 06:02:32 PM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
its interesting that of the rising stars, he gets the least fouls called on him.

dwight howard is always in foul trouble on national tv.

melo is always in foul trouble against the lakers.

i think it does pierce and kg some good when they are in foul trouble. it forces them to sit on the bench and get rest they sorely need.

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 10:29:09 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
The last time Lebron fouled out was on 4-2-2008 against charlotte. It was also the last time he had more than 4 fouls called on him during a regular season game. He had 1 game with 6 fouls and 3 games with 5 fouls on the 07-08 season. He fouled out in 1 game and had 2 with 5 fouls in 06-07.

He is also the only player to average more than 1bpg and 1.5spg among the 30 players who average less than 3 fouls per 48 minutes this season. The only players averaging less fouls per minute than him are Derrick Rose, Steve Nash and Jason Williams.

Coincidentally, that ref was never seen or heard from again

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 11:58:07 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Foul? What foul? :o

Haha and this picture shows the other thing about LeBron. He is an absolute cry baby. Even with his one foul a game that is called on him he just moans and whines to the refs about it... Its like he doesnt know what the whistle means because it never gets called against him.

Also, the cry baby syndrome rolls over to his injuries. Did you see the way he kicked and stomped the floor after Garnett may or may not have hit LeBron in the eye? What a toolbox.

I've noticed quite a few plays faking injuries against us this year. Grabbing there heads or eyes and screaming in pain only to have the replay show that no one touched them. Hopefully this won't work in the playoffs.

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I don't understand a lot of this whole situation where Lebron can't get into foul trouble. HOnestly I was surprised that his average was as high as 1.6. Whenever I look at the box score it always seems like it is 40 minutes played and either 1 or 0 fouls. It's funny cause the 1 foul he gets a game is probably when he charges. He literally doesn't get called for defensive fouls.

The main thing that is just confusing is that Lebron is the most physical person in the league. He barrels over people on offense (charges that Pierce or any normal player get called for). On the defensive end he is extremely physical. He is constantly bumping and pushing guys but  for some reason they don't call it. Any player that plays physical defense like that is going to get fouls called on him a bunch (think Artest) Lebron doesn't though

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 01:01:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
i think it does pierce and kg some good when they are in foul trouble. it forces them to sit on the bench and get rest they sorely need.

good point.
TP for the pun on "sorely".
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 01:25:26 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Is this anything new? MJ was always thought of as one of the best defenders in his tie but was hardly ever in foul trouble. I suppose he was sooooo great that he never fouled someone.

I've never agreed with stars getting calls like that. I think it should be called fair. But it's never been that way and it never will. We all know that James will always get the calls his way. You just have to shut down the rest of his team because they don't get the calls.
Yes it is new. MJ, Bird, Magic...they all got their share of kind whistles (or lack thereof). However, they were not anywhere close to LBJ. Read into it what you wish.
I don't think Bird and Magic got the calls as good. But MJ got them just as much as King James. Perhaps even more.

Actually, I believe Joradan's fouls-per-game is higher than Lebron's and around Kobe's. Plus, when Jordan played the ref's weren't as whistle happy. However, towards the end of his career the total was slightly under 2.0 fouls per game.

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
Is this anything new? MJ was always thought of as one of the best defenders in his tie but was hardly ever in foul trouble. I suppose he was sooooo great that he never fouled someone.

I've never agreed with stars getting calls like that. I think it should be called fair. But it's never been that way and it never will. We all know that James will always get the calls his way. You just have to shut down the rest of his team because they don't get the calls.
Yes it is new. MJ, Bird, Magic...they all got their share of kind whistles (or lack thereof). However, they were not anywhere close to LBJ. Read into it what you wish.
I don't think Bird and Magic got the calls as good. But MJ got them just as much as King James. Perhaps even more.

Actually, I believe Joradan's fouls-per-game is higher than Lebron's and around Kobe's. Plus, when Jordan played the ref's weren't as whistle happy. However, towards the end of his career the total was slightly under 2.0 fouls per game.

Weren't you allowed to hand check when Jordan was playing? Could that have something to do with it?

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown

Weren't you allowed to hand check when Jordan was playing? Could that have something to do with it?

Yes, but I don't know what year that rule was implemented. In his last year with Chicago he averaged 1.8 per game. That number went to 2.0 and 2.1 with his 2 years in Washington.

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 01:37:58 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

Yes, but I don't know what year that rule was implemented. In his last year with Chicago he averaged 1.8 per game. That number went to 2.0 and 2.1 with his 2 years in Washington.

I'm not sure either and I'm not about to look it up. When he has been compared to Kobe or Lebron I do always here one of the arguments being that Jordan did it in the hand check era. Also not sure how many minutes Jordan was avergaing in his last year with the Bulls but certainly in Wash he wasn't playing much. Lebron avg's what 38 minutes a game?

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
LeBron basically trying to pull PPs jersey off in the 2008 ECSF comes to mind as proof. 

Top of the key, everyone looking and LBJ undresses PP and it goes in the book as a PP TO in a HUGE spot...

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He fouls at a similar rate of Luol Deng.

I think he gets protected more on the offensive side of the ball than defensively.

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 01:56:07 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
He fouls at a similar rate of Luol Deng.

I think he gets protected more on the offensive side of the ball than defensively.

If he isn't getting protected defensively than he should have and should win every defensive player of the year award his whole career. If he is playing 40 minutes a game and doing what he does with 1 foul  a game it has to be the most amazing stat i have ever seen.