Author Topic: Has Lebron ever been in foul trouble?  (Read 12548 times)

Re: Has Lebron ever been in foul trouble?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Further more.

In the last two seasons the number of times he has had 5 fouls?

Zero.
I get frustrated aswell when he doesn't get called for obvious fouls but the other part of being out of foul trouble is, would you try to go one-on-one against one of the fastest and strongest players the world has ever seen?

I dont see players backing down to Lebron offensively. Hes not an elite defender yet. Yes he get a lot of chase down blocks but he gets beaten off the dribble frequently.

Edit: Sorry It's too soon after that game to havethis debate. You have a good point but Im too mad to see it your way right now.
Hey, we are here to state our own opinions and I respect everyone's
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
barefacedmonk

LOL....Tp. Thanks for the laugh.

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Further more.

Zero.
I get frustrated aswell when he doesn't get called for obvious fouls but the other part of being out of foul trouble is, would you try to go one-on-one against one of the fastest and strongest players the world has ever seen?

I dont see players backing down to Lebron offensively. Hes not an elite defender yet. Yes he get a lot of chase down blocks but he gets beaten off the dribble frequently.

Edit: Sorry It's too soon after that game to havethis debate. You have a good point but Im too mad to see it your way right now.
Hey, we are here to state our own opinions and I respect everyone's

As do I. I just cant look at this objectively right now at all. It hurts!

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
"NBA Rule #54.5 Sub-section A:

1) LeBron James does not foul other players; he only ever plays defense and offense.

2) Under no circumstances are you to let it be known to people outside of the NBA that this is an actual rule, and in situations where it is absolutely undeniable that LeBron committed a personal foul, you must call it.  Otherwise, look the other way."
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 11:33:02 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Lebron averages 1.6 pfs a game.

Even Kobe averages 2.6 (so does Pierce)

Either Lebron doesnt play any defense or he gets favored...what do you think?

I'm sure even the laziest defenders average that much. Just from the bad calls alone people could average that many fouls. Some wrote a good piece analyzing this last season (http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith2_090406.html) and funnily enough he's committing fewer fouls than he was when that was written. I wouldn't be surprised if his playoff foul averages are even lower.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 12:46:48 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Has Lebron ever been in foul trouble?

Nope. Never. Hallmark does not print enough "I'm sorry" cards that Papa $tern will need to please the whining brat if he gets called for more than 1 foul per season.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 01:14:11 AM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
The last time Lebron fouled out was on 4-2-2008 against charlotte. It was also the last time he had more than 4 fouls called on him during a regular season game. He had 1 game with 6 fouls and 3 games with 5 fouls on the 07-08 season. He fouled out in 1 game and had 2 with 5 fouls in 06-07.

He is also the only player to average more than 1bpg and 1.5spg among the 30 players who average less than 3 fouls per 48 minutes this season. The only players averaging less fouls per minute than him are Derrick Rose, Steve Nash and Jason Williams.

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 01:17:44 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
The last time Lebron fouled out was on 4-2-2008 against charlotte. It was also the last time he had more than 4 fouls called on him during a regular season game. He had 1 game with 6 fouls and 3 games with 5 fouls on the 07-08 season. He fouled out in 1 game and had 2 with 5 fouls in 06-07.

He is also the only player to average more than 1bpg and 1.5spg among the 30 players who average less than 3 fouls per 48 minutes this season. The only players averaging less fouls per minute than him are Derrick Rose, Steve Nash and Jason Williams.
:o :o :o :o ???
Wow.
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 02:43:40 AM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
Foul? What foul? :o

LOL! Nice one... Wish this could go out every where. Refs are in love with the king, so why would he ever get fouled?
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Is this anything new? MJ was always thought of as one of the best defenders in his tie but was hardly ever in foul trouble. I suppose he was sooooo great that he never fouled someone.

I've never agreed with stars getting calls like that. I think it should be called fair. But it's never been that way and it never will. We all know that James will always get the calls his way. You just have to shut down the rest of his team because they don't get the calls.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

you captured it right ...tp

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 04:47:15 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

you captured it right ...tp

Thanks. TP back at ya :)

What bothers me more is that the officials allow LeBrat to almost scold them for calling a foul on him...whereas Rasheed and Perkins are called for a tech if they even sigh in protest (well, not sigh..but you know what I mean).

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »

Offline joeb

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
Is this anything new? MJ was always thought of as one of the best defenders in his tie but was hardly ever in foul trouble. I suppose he was sooooo great that he never fouled someone.

I've never agreed with stars getting calls like that. I think it should be called fair. But it's never been that way and it never will. We all know that James will always get the calls his way. You just have to shut down the rest of his team because they don't get the calls.
Yes it is new. MJ, Bird, Magic...they all got their share of kind whistles (or lack thereof). However, they were not anywhere close to LBJ. Read into it what you wish.

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Further more.

Zero.

Heck, you've gotta go all the way back to 11/27/09 to find a game where he even got whistled for 4!

Averaging 40mpg and guarding the oppositions best player so frequently, that really should be impossible.

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 05:28:44 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Yes it is new. MJ, Bird, Magic...they all got their share of kind whistles (or lack thereof). However, they were not anywhere close to LBJ. Read into it what you wish.
I don't think Bird and Magic got the calls as good. But MJ got them just as much as King James. Perhaps even more.
Peace through Tyranny