Author Topic: Shams: cavs want to trade Tristan Thompson for Deandre Jordan  (Read 4985 times)

Re: Shams: cavs want to trade Tristan Thompson for Deandre Jordan
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 04:34:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Jordan, W. Johnson, Thornwell, 2nd for Thompson, Shumpert, Rose, BKN

Dollars are about the same.  Cavs get the better big man and add some quality bench wing defense in Johnson as well as get a young somewhat promising player.  Clippers get a lesser version of Jordan, but he is cheaper and signed long term.  They also add Shumpert to fill the Johnson role and Rose to help their revolving door of back-up PG's, but the obvious prize is the Brooklyn pick. 

So the Cavs get better this year, though do lose out on the BKN pick and what they could use it for, but I think they might take that chance to have this team

PG - Thomas, Wade, Calderon
SG - Smith, Korver, Thornwell
SF - James, Johnson, Osman
PF - Love, Crowder, Green
C - Jordan, Frye, Zizic

Basic 10 man rotation - Thomas, Wade, Smith, Korver, James, Johnson, Crowder, Green, Love, Jordan

That team probably doesn't beat the Warriors (though I think it gets them closer), but most likely beats everyone else.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 05:00:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Dollars are about the same.  Cavs get the better big man and add some quality bench wing defense in Johnson as well as get a young somewhat promising player.  Clippers get a lesser version of Jordan, but he is cheaper and signed long term.  They also add Shumpert to fill the Johnson role and Rose to help their revolving door of back-up PG's, but the obvious prize is the Brooklyn pick. 

So the Cavs get better this year, though do lose out on the BKN pick and what they could use it for, but I think they might take that chance to have this team

C - Jordan, Frye, Zizic

Basic 10 man rotation - Thomas, Wade, Smith, Korver, James, Johnson, Crowder, Green, Love, Jordan

That team probably doesn't beat the Warriors (though I think it gets them closer), but most likely beats everyone else.

You are advocating them giving up their best future piece for the chance to lose by less to the warriors? Do they resign Jordan? IT?

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 08:38:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

C - Jordan, Frye, Zizic

You are advocating them giving up their best future piece for the chance to lose by less to the warriors? Do they resign Jordan? IT?
I would think so. That would be the point of acquiring Jordan (and IT to a lesser extent)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 09:25:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Can't help but think that when Lebron was going off on his team mates that IT was thinking to himself, "I can see why Kyrie wanted outta here now!"

i was thinking the exact same thing......Lebron maybe a nice guy ,  but he has surrounded himself with a bunch of old stuckup divas .     Its like a dictatorship......Her Lebron running everything.   Celtics team ....if you listened to JJ pocast is like a college team feel in the lovker room.  People respect the coach and each other .  I just get this feeling that really is not the case in Cleveland with that diva bunch.

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 09:25:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL it will HAVE to include the Brooklyn Pick. HAVE TO. Clips aren't trading Jordan for an extremely underwhelming Thompson alone. Though I don't even think the Clippers want to trade Jordan since they are still in the playoff race.

And I wouldn't mind. Let CLE trade away that BKN Pick. Jordan helps, but that team is still getting killed by the Warriors in the Finals, lets be honest.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 09:43:45 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
personally, i would love it if TT was traded away from the Cavs.

i'd rather see anyone else in a Cavs uniform come playoff time.

I feel like he kills us every single year. We have never had an answer for him down low.   would be so happy if hes gone.

Totally agree TT has killed us in the past. But things have changed now that we have all of Australia, Mook, and Theis. I don’t worry about TT anymore. Jordan is a *much* better interior defender/roll man.

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 10:02:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Keep thinking: Why aren't the Cavs playing that great center who, if he was coming into the NBA this season, would have been a top 10 pick? Surely a top 10 pick guy should be getting minutes.

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 10:10:20 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Keep thinking: Why aren't the Cavs playing that great center who, if he was coming into the NBA this season, would have been a top 10 pick? Surely a top 10 pick guy should be getting minutes.

Just because he might've been drafted in the top 10 mean he is a top 10 talent. Anthony Bennet got drafted 1st for example.

Its not unreasonable to think a young Center who did well in Euroleague might get drafted in the top 10. Bender got drafted doing way less.

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 10:15:45 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Jordan is 29 years old....let's add him to the oldest team in the NBA....whilst getting the 26 year old Thompson outta there.

Cav's 29.5
Celtics 24.8

I didn't say old is "bad" in Boston we have been watching veteran teams win titles for decades.

I do, however, imply that old is "old."

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 10:51:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cavs will never do this if they have to include the Net pick .   

If I were Atlanta , Id wave my hand ,   how about Bazemore and Collins for the Nets pick ? That sounds like a screaming deal for Hawks getting two 10 tens in this draft ......and we like that .....because their talent eventually travels north to Boston.

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 11:08:27 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Cavs will never do this if they have to include the Net pick .   

If I were Atlanta , Id wave my hand ,   how about Bazemore and Collins for the Nets pick ? That sounds like a screaming deal for Hawks getting two 10 tens in this draft ......and we like that .....because their talent eventually travels north to Boston.

I'd rather have Collins than the Nets pick.

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Touché.

Funny how half of us (me included) had Zizic as a future HoF’er and quickly became a throw in that nobody mentions nor may ever be heard from again.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2018, 01:17:59 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Just because he might've been drafted in the top 10 mean he is a top 10 talent. Anthony Bennet got drafted 1st for example.

Its not unreasonable to think a young Center who did well in Euroleague might get drafted in the top 10. Bender got drafted doing way less.
Sorry me friend but you missed the sarcasm swat at those who had hyped Zizic to the nth degree. TP to you.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 02:41:39 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
"Thomas has made a successful return from a serious hip surgery, but is still finding his offensive rhythm, shooting 5-of-26 from the field over his past two games. Around the Cavaliers, there are no worries: Thomas will find his way, but must continue to be aggressive. There had been moments he passed when teammates expected him to shoot, almost second-guessing his shot selection rather than sticking to his gut and true game."

So... which is it? He has an agenda, he shouldn't be shooting... or he's not being aggressive enough.

From that nonsensical paragraph it seems like Isaiah isn't 100% healthy, but obviously he needs more reps, and more chances to fully get himself conditioned. It seems like he's afraid of being selfish and at times being too passive. I tend to think Isaiah will figure it out. Defensively? Nah, I don't think so.

My opinion is that Isaiah clicked in Boston (coach, fans, city). He's great, but in certain conditions around him. I think we'll never ever watch IT4, but some Isaiah Thomas.  Similar thing with Crowder.

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2018, 03:10:30 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

C - Jordan, Frye, Zizic

why do you guys think that Cavs are a lock for finals?