Author Topic: Who I think could be the best two players in the draft and it's not Zion  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't like the Draymond comparisons for Clarke because of his short arms. Draymond has great length, which enables him to protect the paint against NBA athletes.
The way the game is, speed and athleticism is more important than a few extra inches in wingspan as there is a ton a switching and rotation. Clarke has some elite agilty measurements at his position and not just jumping.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Does Clarke even have Draymond's passing vision/ability?...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Picture Morant as a CP3/Davis hybrid.

Which Davis?

I'm with you on Culver.  I'm not as sure on Reddish.
Baron Davis?

He obviously means Dale Davis - the comparison to CP3 is uncanny!

But, yeah, I could see Morant as the best player. I am just hoping it takes him a couple of years to figure it out...that is if we still have the MEM pick. If he is gone in AD trade, he is free to lead the Grizz to the Finals next year.

Or maybe Ricky or Big Baby Davis.  Lol

Regarding Morant 2 things working against him is his opponents quality of play (sort of like Fultz), and he’s a sophomore, and wasn’t nearly as good as a freshman ( would even be a 1st round pick after his freshman season?). Those are things to be wary of if you think he will be an all star.

I have no doubt Zion will be the best player in this draft.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Picture Morant as a CP3/Davis hybrid.

Which Davis?

I'm with you on Culver.  I'm not as sure on Reddish.
Baron Davis?

He obviously means Dale Davis - the comparison to CP3 is uncanny!

But, yeah, I could see Morant as the best player. I am just hoping it takes him a couple of years to figure it out...that is if we still have the MEM pick. If he is gone in AD trade, he is free to lead the Grizz to the Finals next year.

Or maybe Ricky or Big Baby Davis.  Lol

Regarding Morant 2 things working against him is his opponents quality of play (sort of like Fultz), and he’s a sophomore, and wasn’t nearly as good as a freshman ( would even be a 1st round pick after his freshman season?). Those are things to be wary of if you think he will be an all star.

I have no doubt Zion will be the best player in this draft.

Difference between Fultz is that Morant is a far better passer, he is more fluid when driving, and his first step is actually pretty good. Fultz had some weird herky jerky motion to his offense. I'm still in disbelief that Fultz went from being the unheralded 1st pick to literally the laughing stock of the NBA.

I just don't see Morant having the same mental break down as Fultz. He seems more secure, and confident in himself.

Plus at least Morant led his team to the NCAA tournament, and was named MVP.

He closed his sophomore campaign averaging 24.5 points, 5.7 rebounds, 10 assists, and 1.8 steals per game.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Does Clarke even have Draymond's passing vision/ability?...
Hard to tell. Both had a little tunnel vision for scoring in college but always knew where to be to score and defend guys. That makes me think the iq/feel for the game is similar.