Author Topic: Windhorst & Lowe on Kevin Love (Reportedly May Leave Cleveland)  (Read 21715 times)

Re: Windhorst & Lowe on Kevin Love (Reportedly May Leave Cleveland)
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2015, 06:51:56 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://www.ysrpodcasts.com/jason/

Woj on Love...

Love has options. I think he's going to look around. He's going to look closely at Boston. He's going to look closely at LA. I'm sure the Texas teams want to get involved. He really likes Kevin McHale. He took the trade to Cleveland without knowing his role, without discussing with Blatt on how he would be used. I'm told that how he'll be used are some of the questions he wants to ask. I think Boston would be interesting because of Stevens and Ainge as a recruiting duo to sell him on how he'll be used there. I think Boston is a real legitimate possibility.

TP for the find. I feel like all of these sources have confirmed atleast one thing: Kevin Love might not stay in Cleveland. I think that's about all we know FOR SURE.

As far as opinions go, I think the whole "He's going to the Lakers" thing is overblown. There's hardly anything thats sexy about the Lakers right now outside of their #2 pick. Joining Rondo and Kobe sounded cool 3 years ago, but it sure as hell doesn't now. Not at all. Knowing Kobe's reputation with antagonizing and driving away teammates (not to mention he's kinda well, seasoned) and seeing what Rondo did to Dallas this year, why exactly would Love want to get involved with that? Not to mention the West is a bloodbath and none of those guys can play defense. The Lakers would be middle of the pack even if those guys stayed healthy. As for this whole "nice weather" factor that fans bring up, why don't you ask Dwight Howard how great the LA weather was? That certainly made an impact on his decision didn't it?

The Celtics don't have a lot to offer Love (even if Love comes here, the Celtics still aren't contenders in the east but they would be better) but the fact remains that he loved his stay in Boston last summer, and from what I've read, Love grew up a Celtics fan, so that definitely helps.

All in all, this summers going to be fun.