Poll

Honestly, What Do You Expect Happens This Summer?

Nothing Much. Just Small-to-Moderate Moves Like Re-Signing Some Guys, Adding Some Depth, Testing Market On Some Guys, Replacing Some Departing Players, Maybe Small Trades (Including Either Moving Up A Few Spots Or Trading Down From Pick #27)
27 (69.2%)
We Actually Make One Or Multiple BIG, Surprising Moves (Huge Trade Up Into Draft Lottery And/Or Trade For Another Star/Superstar)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Can't Wait For A "Big Rumor-Filled" Yet Relatively Quiet Summer  (Read 4934 times)

Re: Can't Wait For A "Big Rumor-Filled" Yet Relatively Quiet Summer
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
[Rohrbach] Asked if there’s a chance the Celtics run it back with the team that reached the Eastern Conference finals plus Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving, Ainge said, “Probably not the entire team, but the main core guys, sure.”

Take it as you will, with a grain of salt as I believe Larkin, Nader, and Monroe won't be coming back.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 05:33:21 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Danny's asking prices for our assets are astronomical when we are in rebuilding mode - how absurd are they going to be when we don't have any glaring needs?

I imagine a lot of GMs hanging up from calls with DA this summer, just shaking their heads.

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 05:50:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I expect a quiet one for Boston, but for the league it should be crazy
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 06:01:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
[Rohrbach] Asked if there’s a chance the Celtics run it back with the team that reached the Eastern Conference finals plus Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving, Ainge said, “Probably not the entire team, but the main core guys, sure.”

Take it as you will, with a grain of salt as I believe Larkin, Nader, and Monroe won't be coming back.
so, you are in the "celtics make a HUGE move" crowd??  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 06:01:47 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Anything but Nader. He's one of the worst players I've seen break into the league in a while.

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 06:04:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

so, you are in the "celtics make a HUGE move" crowd??  ;D

I'd like to draft a big. I think any big that has a decent floor/ceiling would be better off suited playing under Stevens and Horford.

But yes, yes, yes I am! :) ^.^

What about you hyungnim?

Anything but Nader. He's one of the worst players I've seen break into the league in a while.

Same here. I liked Nader in D-League, and he seems like a nice guy, but man he just has terrible tunnel vision.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 06:24:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I liked Nader in D-League, and he seems like a nice guy, but man he just has terrible tunnel vision.

Selfish, too.   The most worse thing is his appalling lack of effort on Defense.  As far as I am concerned the door can't hit him quit enough on his rear when he leaves....

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 06:33:33 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Only big name who will change teams is Paul George to the Lakers...lebron stays at cleveland
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 06:55:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I liked Nader in D-League, and he seems like a nice guy, but man he just has terrible tunnel vision.

Selfish, too.   The most worse thing is his appalling lack of effort on Defense.  As far as I am concerned the door can't hit him quit enough on his rear when he leaves....

While I agree with you that I will not miss Nader, I don’t think his bad defense is selfishness.  I watched a lot of him in the D-league, and he just gets distracted by on-ball action.  I can count the number of times I saw him get into position to play help defense only to ultimately lose track of his man by 15 feet.  He started to try to make the right play, but his on-court awareness and vision is just too poor.  He couldn’t look one direction and feel when someone else was moving in a different direction.  I’m not remotely surprised that he couldn’t cut it this year.

It makes him not good enough for the NBA, but it wasn’t laziness.  Just a skill that he lacks, and one that seems very difficult to improve.  He needs to go to Europe where the game is slower.  He’s plenty athletic and a decent shooter.  Just not a natural basketball player.

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 07:08:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Only big name who will change teams is Paul George to the Lakers...lebron stays at cleveland

Fine by me.

Lebron doesn't go PHI, and LAL only gets George who isn't carrying them to legitimate contention anytime soon (especially in a loaded West)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 07:19:28 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I expect Larkin.

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 07:21:13 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I think Dallas will be major player in free agency..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
C’s-related, these are my hopes:
1. Kyrie, GH and Theis all recover 100%
2. We sell high on Rozier and other parts to make a mid-splashy trade (ala Bradley for Morris)
3. We resign Smart at a reasonable contract (not 14+ please)
4. We keep Monroe as a backup. We let Nader go (back to the D league?). Larkin, I’m indifferent.

Non-C’s related, these are my hopes:
1. Lebron leaves Cleveland for Houston
2. Toronto blows it up. It ain’t working, boys!
3. JJ Redick leaves Philly. He’s a classy guy and doesn’t seem like a culture fit in PhiLA
4. Klay Thompson leaves GSW (lol)
5. Kawhi comes back healthy, in a Spurs uniform or otherwise
6. Sacramento implodes, unwittingly making themselves the worst team in the league next year.

- LilRip

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 09:25:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
2. We sell high on Rozier and other parts to make a mid-splashy trade (ala Bradley for Morris)
4. We keep Monroe as a backup. We let Nader go (back to the D league?). Larkin, I’m indifferent.

3. JJ Redick leaves Philly. He’s a classy guy and doesn’t seem like a culture fit in PhiLA
6. Sacramento implodes, unwittingly making themselves the worst team in the league next year.

Honestly, all of those Non-C's possibilities actually seem likely except #4, lol, but I hope it happens! I think Reddick stays IF PHI doesn't make a splash signing/trade, but that's still good for us IMO.

I think we could see Washington maybe blow it up a bit too.

I wonder if Noel could be had as a 1 year, prove it-deal (vet. minimum) if Monroe goes elsewhere.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 11:08:10 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

1) Yes but Kyrie suffers another injury and plays less than 70 games. 
2-3)  Smart doesn't get an offer that he likes so comes back on the QO.  Don't think Rozier gets traded. 
4) I think Monroe won't be back.  Hopefully Baynes will be.   

1) All this talk of Lebron to Houston and I've yet to see a reasonable proposal on how it gets done.  Houston doesn't have the assets to get it done and the Cavs would certainly not take on Anderson's terrible contract. 
2) Toronto won't blow it up.  They'll make one more run to see if the new coach will help.  They'll also hope that Lebron goes West. 
3) Redick loves playing for the Sixers.  On a recent podcast with Bill Simmons, Redick said it was an enjoyable year, fun culture and hoped he'd play several more with them.  If Redick leaves it will be because the Sixers sign Lebron or PG13 and therefore could only offer Redick the room exception (<5M). 
4) Klay isn't going anywhere.
5) Kawhi will be back with the Spurs.  The question is will they offer him the designated veteran extension this off season.  I think not. 
6) Sacramento won't be the worst team and they have no incentive to tank.