Author Topic: Raptors (12-3) at Celtics(8-6) Game #15 11/16/18  (Read 31907 times)

Re: Raptors (12-3) at Celtics(8-6) Game #15 11/16/18
« Reply #780 on: November 17, 2018, 01:50:20 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Remember first meet Kawhi had 31pt on 25 shots and people here are saying he is dominating/unstoppable?

How about 43pt on 26?

(Kawhi had same number tonight, again rock solid all-star but nowhere near superstar)
Wrong. Kawhi is a superstar. Former first team All-NBA, 2 time DPOY, Finals MVP. Kawhi is one of the 5 best players in the league and one of the 2 best two way players in the league. Kawhi is a superstar.
He was a superstar because of Pop, he is a system made superstar, all those achieve is under Pop

Kawhi is a legit superstar, top 10 player in the league. He's doing it on Toronto without Pop so far this season, they are a top 5 team in the league.

No need to disparage his game. It's even more impressive that we beat a top team with an MVP caliber player tonight.
Toronto wins 65 games with DDR
If you want to insist he is superstar it's ok but i don't see any superstar in him twice we meet
He's twice DPOY and 1st team all-NBA the last 2 years he was healthy. He finished 2nd and 3rd in mvp voting those 2 years.

You're essentially waving a huge sign that says "I'm the most ignorant person on here" with those comments.

« Reply #781 on: November 17, 2018, 02:42:20 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Had a peek at the Raptors forum to see how they were taking the L...surprise surprise, they're complaining about biased referees  :laugh: :laugh:
Kyle Lowry has infected their fans

I think he could’ve been called for about four technicals tonight, which made him whining about Morris “punching” the ball all the more hilarious.

Can’t stand that guy, he complains about every call against him and every non-call for him.

He’s quickly ascending my list of least liked players.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #782 on: November 17, 2018, 05:00:55 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
Hayward: 15/5/5 (on just 8 shots) with 4 steals on a team high +17.

It was good to see him put there in OT. I think with the minutes restriction lifted we will see him be able to get into a rhythm more often. Also nice to see him run the offense for a bit. He’s a very capable playmaker.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #783 on: November 17, 2018, 05:08:38 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
We had a near-perfect offensive OT: 6-6 FG (all within 16ft) and 4-4 FT. Just the one TO.

We took this game seriously and it showed. We lost focus for a decent chunk of the second and third, but our start and finish was great. Like the players have been saying, need to bring that intensity throughout the entire game.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #784 on: November 17, 2018, 05:25:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It was good to see him put there in OT. I think with the minutes restriction lifted we will see him be able to get into a rhythm more often. Also nice to see him run the offense for a bit. He’s a very capable playmaker.
Not to mention some crucial boxing out efforts that drew big fouls, getting Siakam out of the game. Probably his most influential game to date
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #785 on: November 17, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Not to mention some crucial boxing out efforts that drew big fouls, getting Siakam out of the game. Probably his most influential game to date

It is good to see how effective he is becoming on the defensive end with blocks, rebounds, deflections as he gets more comfortable offensively. Very positive game.

« Reply #786 on: November 17, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

It is good to see how effective he is becoming on the defensive end with blocks, rebounds, deflections as he gets more comfortable offensively. Very positive game.

The playmaking was great to see, but the last two shots on these highlights get me a little more excited.  Just moving with ease into a shot without hesitation - and, of course, making the shot.

https://youtu.be/k2KMb1tyjBU
Yup

« Reply #787 on: November 17, 2018, 10:48:03 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
As others have noted, Kawhi Leonard did not look at his peak tonight.

I've long said that Leonard's game would decline quickly. I don't think he has the ball-handling or passing to be an elite player for much longer. He looked like he was lumbering up and down the court sometimes. Obviously, he is still a top 10 player in the league and made a lot of plays last night.

It's a long season. Maybe something will change.

« Reply #788 on: November 17, 2018, 12:04:39 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Wasn't able to be on the thread last night.

Quick thought - they don't win the game without Hayward. Defensively he's better than I thought and has a similar basketball IQ to Horford. He made at least 3 plays defensively that I thought turned the game around. 

The steal of the Lowrey pass down 4 in the final minute of regulation and then when he boxed out Siakam and drew his 6th foul shortly after that.

We're also starting to see what he's going to bring to the offense with his passing ability.  He's slowly starting to put it together and I thought last night was his best game yet.

« Reply #789 on: November 17, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I actually got to watch the game on the ESPN app on my phone.  They looked pretty good to me.  They finally started to attack the paint instead of just pulling up for threes every time down the court. 

It was good seeing Hayward getting more minutes and I think he's finally getting back to normal.  I hope they continue to be aggressive and not go back to being obsessed with the three. 

« Reply #790 on: November 17, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I've long said that Leonard's game would decline quickly. I don't think he has the ball-handling or passing to be an elite player for much longer. He looked like he was lumbering up and down the court sometimes. Obviously, he is still a top 10 player in the league and made a lot of plays last night.

Wow I must have watched a different game last night. He looked pretty darn elite to me. Check his box score.

« Reply #791 on: November 17, 2018, 01:27:15 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Wow I must have watched a different game last night. He looked pretty darn elite to me. Check his box score.

I saw the box score, but it wasn't a box score thing. Again, still a top 10 player, but there's something about him that seems lesser than he used to be.

« Reply #792 on: November 17, 2018, 04:30:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I saw the box score, but it wasn't a box score thing. Again, still a top 10 player, but there's something about him that seems lesser than he used to be.
Yeah, I didn't see that. Kawhi, much like Paul Pierce, has always been what seems to be a slower explosion to the basket but always picks the right line to finish it off or pick up a foul. He also bailed the Raptors out on about 5 separate trips with last second on the 24 second clock shots hitting mid range jumpers. And his shot looks absolutely wet. And he is great defensively. Kawhi sure looks like the same Kawhi to me.

« Reply #793 on: November 17, 2018, 04:41:41 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I agree footey he was a beast. It's like he never missed, he was making steals like the one from Rozier and dunked it which is like a 4-point swing. He was everywhere defensively. He is a problem. And luckily for us Siakam & Green fouled out. I thought we did a decent job on Lowry (for a change).

« Reply #794 on: November 17, 2018, 06:10:24 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I wonder if Kyrie has committed before Kawhi was treaded ... would DA have traded for him?
Something like:

brown + Yabusele + Monroe ( as a filler sign and trade he would have made much more than min) + clippers pick
It’s interesting to speculate after the fact and the start of the season brown has had.