Author Topic: Song of Ice and Fire: Dance of Dragons gets a release date!!!!  (Read 4241 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
http://geek-news.mtv.com/tag/game-of-thrones/

Over five years in the making, George R.R. Martin's A Dance with Dragons has finally been assigned a July 12th, 2011 release date. Fans have been clamoring for news on the novel as the Song of Ice and Fire series skyrockets in popularity and the HBO adaptation nears its April debut. In fact, the first book, A Game of Thrones only just recently broke into the New York Times best seller list for the first time.  Originally set to publish in 2007, this news is a relief to many who questioned whether the series would ever be completed. Even better news is that he is well into writing the following book, and that A Dance with Dragons may be the longest one yet once the final page count is determined.  Looks like there will be a lot of book to enjoy, so clear your schedules!

Re: Song of Ice and Fire: Dance of Dragons gets a release date!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 02:46:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I full expect an awful and boring book at this point. I've never had a good track record with completely stalled series like this.

The writer usually gets super involved in his own world and forgets to tell a good story, or just runs out of good ideas.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I full expect an awful and boring book at this point. I've never had a good track record with completely stalled series like this.

The writer usually gets super involved in his own world and forgets to tell a good story, or just runs out of good ideas.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 03:46:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

sort of my fear here too (not that it will stop me from reading it).  I think Martin must know this as well.  He really struggled with the 4th book apparently.  Too many strands to tie together.

Still looking forward to it.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I hate to say it, but the spam above seems to have a stronger sense of direction and plot movement than Dance of Dragons did.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 03:49:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I hate to say it, but the spam above seems to have a stronger sense of direction and plot movement than Dance of Dragons did.

better than the previous book at least!~
Yup