Author Topic: What are TommyPoints for?  (Read 10545 times)

Re: What are TommyPoints for?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2016, 03:52:52 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Tps are the stuff of life, the source of joy, a river of glory, and a marker of both greatness and contentment.

To receive them is bliss. To be denied them is to be cast into the pits of [dang]ation.

Life is made better for having received them. All of us here at CB live for them, seek them out, thirst for them and suffer doubts of inadequacy when we don't receive them.

The thrill given by heroin and crack pale in comparison and neither has the allure of a well deserved TP.

I hope this answers the OPs question.  ;D
Are they the nectar of life, the veritable marrow in the bone waiting to be sucked out of CB??

You just made me crack up, TP for you sir!  8)  :D

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2016, 04:34:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
What Walker834 said.

But pertaining to this forum Tommy Points are in some way equivalent to a like on Facebook.  They are given by other posters or mods, who find a post noteworthy (because it might be funny, insightful etc.)

The only thing I personally would love to have on this forums is a ticker for TPs for a comment. Sometimes I feel like a good post can receiv a TP, but most people can't tell that the post got a TP because it's user specific. Or, maybe TPs for the best of posts, but also a like button for posts/comments that you agree with.

Interesting, kind of like the front page, right? I am certainly more than happy to give tommy points, but the page re-load thing can be annoying. A ticker for above and beyond posts rather than just tommy points could give the forums a bit more 'flash' - maybe even light them up green like on the front page, too.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2016, 04:38:06 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
What Walker834 said.

But pertaining to this forum Tommy Points are in some way equivalent to a like on Facebook.  They are given by other posters or mods, who find a post noteworthy (because it might be funny, insightful etc.)

The only thing I personally would love to have on this forums is a ticker for TPs for a comment. Sometimes I feel like a good post can receiv a TP, but most people can't tell that the post got a TP because it's user specific. Or, maybe TPs for the best of posts, but also a like button for posts/comments that you agree with.

Interesting, kind of like the front page, right? I am certainly more than happy to give tommy points, but the page re-load thing can be annoying. A ticker for above and beyond posts rather than just tommy points could give the forums a bit more 'flash' - maybe even light them up green like on the front page, too.

Kinda, yeah.

A site that I use from time to time that kinda does this is forums.macrumors.com, they essentially have a "like" function on every comment, it doesn't even take a page reload, but you can "like" the posts, and it acts kinda like TPs, you can even see how many Likes each user has (although you have to visit their specific profile page).
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Tps are the stuff of life, the source of joy, a river of glory, and a marker of both greatness and contentment.

To receive them is bliss. To be denied them is to be cast into the pits of [dang]ation.

Life is made better for having received them. All of us here at CB live for them, seek them out, thirst for them and suffer doubts of inadequacy when we don't receive them.

The thrill given by heroin and crack pale in comparison and neither has the allure of a well deserved TP.

I hope this answers the OPs question.  ;D
Are they the nectar of life, the veritable marrow in the bone waiting to be sucked out of CB??

You just made me crack up, TP for you sir!  8)  :D
And a well deserved one is returned to you sir. Life is indeed better when tps abound.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Do people really expect Heinsohn to not be rooting for his own team?   I'd rather listen to him than Hubie Brown who just spouts nonsense all game and says nothing.

If that makes him a homer so be it.  I tend to think when people say it they mean it as an insult.  Sometimes not but a lot of the time it is. I hear the tone.

Tommy to me is a real good dude who understands the sport and other teams very well. There are some guys who just mindlessly root for their own team.  Tommy understands the sport really well.

Spot on, TP!
Johnny Most was the ultimate "homer" and most people seemed to like him, but the last few years Ive read a lot of negative stuff about Heinsohn on the internet.  I don't get why he's disliked....

You think Tommy is disliked now? It is not close to how much he was disliked when he was CBS number one color guy on their NBS broadcasts in the 80s and the Celtics had the epic battles with the Lakers.

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2016, 05:45:42 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Do people really expect Heinsohn to not be rooting for his own team?   I'd rather listen to him than Hubie Brown who just spouts nonsense all game and says nothing.

If that makes him a homer so be it.  I tend to think when people say it they mean it as an insult.  Sometimes not but a lot of the time it is. I hear the tone.

Tommy to me is a real good dude who understands the sport and other teams very well. There are some guys who just mindlessly root for their own team.  Tommy understands the sport really well.

Spot on, TP!
Johnny Most was the ultimate "homer" and most people seemed to like him, but the last few years Ive read a lot of negative stuff about Heinsohn on the internet.  I don't get why he's disliked....

You think Tommy is disliked now? It is not close to how much he was disliked when he was CBS number one color guy on their NBS broadcasts in the 80s and the Celtics had the epic battles with the Lakers.

Oh ok, so this isn't anything new under the sun

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2016, 05:50:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Me

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2017, 12:31:02 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389