Author Topic: Playoff tickets - fan from Belgium  (Read 564 times)

Playoff tickets - fan from Belgium
« on: February 20, 2019, 03:20:10 AM »

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Hi everyone!

I am a longtime Celtics fan based in Belgium (I used to occasionally post here while the forum was still part of Celticsblog). I will be in Boston on business from 18 May, flying back on the 22nd.

By my calculations, that would be the time of the conference finals. I do not want to jinx it in any way, but if we're optimistic it is at least possible that the Celtics play in the conference finals.

If that is the case and there is a home game in that period, what would be the best way for me to get tickets (preferably two as my wife is joining me, but if not I will go alone) ? I would love to see all the booming and cucrising live.

I assume this is a long shot because playoff attendance is likely very high. As an alternative, what are the best sports bars to watch the games?

Thanks!

Re: Playoff tickets - fan from Belgium
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 06:29:16 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If you are willing to pay a premium, there are several ticket resellers that should have tickets available. In many cases you can get the tickets sent electronically, so you can wait until the last minute. But, they’ll be expensive.

My favorite sports bar in the area is The Fours.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Thanks Roy!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 01:15:55 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Question: Are you going to need one ticket, or more? It'll be a lot cheaper if you are going solo. There are generally a lot of single seats sprinkled around the resale market (or people who own one seat, who are willing to sell a single and a pair).

I'm going to echo something that Roy said: the closer you wait to the game, the better the prices you will have, but at the risk of not getting a seat that you want. There are always game day tickets available (e.g., somebody gets sick, gets sent out of town, loses their tickets in the divorce, etc.), but there will obviously be few for this one than there would be for a midweek game against Atlanta.

Good luck!

Mike