Author Topic: Romey and Timelord  (Read 8206 times)

Romey and Timelord
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:29:47 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Tine will tell-ha ha. Timelord got off to a first season with a rough start and needing a life Coach. Don't even think Red Claws got about 1 hour of court time? but between injuries he got little court time but he learned what was necessary and the NBA lifestyle.

Romeo missed the combine and summer league with rehabbing from offseason injury and just couldn't get traction. His length made up for mistakes on defence just because Romeo has a good frame and weight he still seems that he is soft and needs to work the weights till he gains man strength. .He was fearless taking charges and has to get his timing so he doesn't take full brunt of offensive player. .His  smoothness can be timed and predictable, Romeo needs to work on change of pace, add some burst and urgency.His floating into finger roll is getting NBA blocked  and met at rim even with his length .
He was the best finisher in college through contact, he just needs time to figure out who and how to deal with NBA talent and length.
 And as he watched the playoffs you must hit from outside.

Timelord is getting there is not biting so much on closeouts and staying down as his length and threat of getting blocked alters shots and deters the opposition.
It looks like his timing on setting and rolling is to fast for the ballhandler. With Theis, he has the perfect mentor.
Or get Kevin McHale or Parrish to help out.

Danny drafted two interesting players that fell in the draft but with great physical tools  They are playing for a contender and fighting for playing time but learning to play the correct way not just being thrown into a losing situation or a tanking team.

Re: Romey and Timelord
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 08:32:17 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Unfortunately Romeo, to me, is James Young 2.0.

Robert has some hope but I don't see his ceiling being an All Star type player, I feel like his ceiling is starter on a bad team. Potentially a 12 and 10 guy as his ceiling.

I hope I am wrong.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 09:14:44 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Romeo is a great defender.. he can drive and score inside... he is a rookie and none passed him the ball when he was free... young could not play defense
Rober will be a great center..when he learns to play clever he will be fantastic

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:50:13 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Romeo will have a few chances next year but will be a short leash. Timelord - I don’t think it’s a lock that his 4th year option will be picked when next season begins. Next season might be his last in Celtics jersey

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 11:51:44 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Robert has some hope but I don't see his ceiling being an All Star type player, I feel like his ceiling is starter on a bad team. Potentially a 12 and 10 guy as his ceiling.

I hope I am wrong.

Difference is that James Young had no idea how to play defense. CBS already called Romeo one of their best defenders.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 11:57:53 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Romeo ain't no second coming of James Young.  He's got plenty of IQ, defense, rebounding...he gets to the hole...they haven't fallen yet but the sample size is miniscule...

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 12:06:50 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

I hope I am wrong.

Two completely different players. .Romeo can move laterally, he will block from weakside ,gets over screens and gets some weakside offensive boards .Also steps up for some hard offensive fouls....He is just a kid and he picked up defence quickly and plays hurt.

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 12:29:48 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Langford looks good when he’s on the floor, for the most part. I hope he carved out a bigger role. He could be a good 10-15mpg guy for us, and provide some good bench scoring. He already knows how to drive. I think he needs to work on finishing and drawing fouls.
- LilRip

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 12:32:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I hope I am wrong.
good news then, you are.    ;D

Romeo's already better than Young.  Kid plays solid defense already and shows skill driving to the basket.  neither are things James Young did well or, to be honest, did at all.

Timelord has looked better as the season has progressed to where he's not completely lost in the defensive scheme but he still has plenty of room to improve in that regard.  I think if he can continue to improve at the rate he's shown so far, he could become a pretty solid rotational big man by the next season's playoffs.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 12:47:56 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

I hope I am wrong.

Romeo's already better than Young.  Kid plays solid defense already and shows skill driving to the basket.  neither are things James Young did well or, to be honest, did at all.

Timelord has looked better as the season has progressed to where he's not completely lost in the defensive scheme but he still has plenty of room to improve in that regard.  I think if he can continue to improve at the rate he's shown so far, he could become a pretty solid rotational big man by the next season's playoffs.
If timelord develops at that rate why not have him shooting 3s as well lol

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 01:11:01 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Still wish we didn't draft and trade Thybulle. I would have liked him at 14 and Williams at 22.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Romeo can be okay in the second unit if he can ever stay healthy..TimeLord just with the 3rd unit..see no improvement
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2020, 04:03:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I hope I am wrong.

If timelord develops at that rate why not have him shooting 3s as well lol
give Brad time.  I don't think there's been anyone on the teams he's coached that has seen steady minutes and not encouraged to shoot 3's

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2020, 04:03:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Still wish we didn't draft and trade Thybulle. I would have liked him at 14 and Williams at 22.
Thybulle's looked impressive this year.  like a Smart clone.

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2020, 04:28:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Time Lord should be our starting 5 next year.