Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 608203 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #720 on: November 23, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

I gave Steph a 'lil motivational speech, of sorts. I don't know whether he'll read this or not, (haha).
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #721 on: November 23, 2016, 04:15:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
you want to feel good? this may help.

did you know that right now terry rozier has the best 3 point percentage in the 4th quarter in the NBA?

indeed, he's hit on 10 of 11 three pointers. 10 of 11 would be pretty unbelievable anytime, but to do so in the 4th quarter is pretty feely goody to me.  ;D

http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2016/11/22/terry-rozier-proves-value-comeback-win-minnesota/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #722 on: November 23, 2016, 05:23:26 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum

The Celtics could very well end up in the #2 seed if we go on a tear. I sure hope we don't drop a game to the Nets tonight... We were the last team to beat the LeBron in the Eastern Conference playoffs...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #723 on: November 23, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
Early in the season, but the Celtics have already beaten over half of the other playoff seeded teams in the East and that's certainly a good thing...

« Reply #724 on: November 29, 2016, 10:56:54 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
Things are looking good for the Celtics right now; the Cavs just lost, the Hornets lost, we just moved up to fourth in the East.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:18:52 AM by Witch-King »

« Reply #725 on: December 04, 2016, 06:02:36 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
We have two more games until we square off against the now 2nd place Toronto Raptors. We are currently in 3rd place in the East, and we have a game against the left-handed God himself, James Harden (I'm a southpaw, too so I like Harden) followed by another one vs. a hungry Magic squad (remember what happened to us vs. the Pistons?? No game in the NBA is a cakewalk.). Though teams like the Magic may look like an easy win on paper, we must remember to be respectful and that we are competing with other grown men just like us so a loss is always possible if we do not play sufficiently well. After we play the Raptors we then play the Westbrook lead Thunder, and "Russell of the West" (Not Bill Russell or his modern doppelgänger Kevin Durant) has been playing like the league MVP thus far so that game will be tough, though it'll be interesting to see how Isaiah Thomas matches up with Westbrook. Our next few games will be important as we try to keep our record high enough for a top seed in the East and if things were to go our way we may end up with the 2nd seed. It all depends on how we play, though I will be rooting for the Celtics. /endrant

« Reply #726 on: January 03, 2017, 10:14:56 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
Another great win by the Celtics!!! Boy, if we keep this up we might get a brand new bandwagon for the next generation of fairweather fans, similar to attaining an achievement in an X-Box game. For us to do so, I'd say we would need to get at least the 3rd seed in the East at the end of the regular season, which will be tough, but isn't impossible and seems likely if we continue to play this way.

**X-box Achievement: "New School Bandwagon" -- To unlock this achievement, come in 3rd place in the Eastern Conference**

Something like this would be a perfect gift for those sort of fans that float from team to team as though they are pollinating flowers and might jump ship on us if we suffer from injuries and go into a playing slump -- remember, it's the thought that counts...

...Seriously though, I couldn't be happier with the C's play as of late -- I saw a tweet from IT that quoted a Big Sean song talking about bouncing back from our loss to the Cavs, hopefully he remembers the way he played that night and continues to have inspiring performances. Go Celtics!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:25:52 PM by Witch-King »

« Reply #727 on: January 08, 2017, 12:38:28 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
The Raptors will be playing the Rockets tomorrow night, which I'm sure everyone on here will be watching as the Celtics are so close to them in records right now. Of course, after that WE PLAY THE RAPTORS (Can you dig it?!?!) for a potential chance to tie their record for the 2 seed. The Celtics could actually claim the second best seed in the East by the end of this season if we continue to play so well; when all of our guys play well and have good games we are almost impossible to beat and we nearly always come back and make a push when we are down by double digits -- I'm sure y'all remember the game vs the Cavs that we almost won. This season is going really well and I'm proud to be a Celtics fan; remember, the last time we went to the Finals we were just the 4th seed in the East so in the words of KG, "Anything is [surely] possible!!" 😎😎😎

« Reply #728 on: January 08, 2017, 02:34:12 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Philly 105

Nets 95

« Reply #729 on: January 10, 2017, 03:59:20 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
The Raptors, currently 2nd seed in the East, just lost to the 3rd seed of the West. Now they play us, the 3rd seed in the East in a game that would see us tying the Raptors in record if we win tonight. We need to rise to the occasion tonight and play like an elite team in this league like I know we are capable of and have already done. There's always the chance that we could face a team like the Raptors in the playoffs so tonight will be good practice -- I hope our guys play well, no one gets injured and we get a win tonight. Go Celtics!!

« Reply #730 on: January 12, 2017, 04:35:06 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
just saw some "good news" in terms of the nets lately.

booker missed the game and is dealing with a nagging hip injury. i wish him a full recovery in two years.

also of interest is that in almost 100 minutes over the last three games Brook Lopez has 5 rebounds. no, not per game.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #731 on: January 15, 2017, 05:25:09 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
We have won 2 games in a row since our disastrous meltdown against the Raptors, however looking at our schedule vs their's heading up to our first matchup against the fledgling Lakers on February 3rd, the Raptors play most of the worst teams in the league in almost every game between now and then besides a game late in that run against us. This means that it may be next to impossible to climb to the 2nd seed during that stretch as our schedule sees us facing a lot of teams that are fighting for lower playoff seeding in the East and are a step above the dubious teams that are among the least in wins (teams the Raptors face during this stretch). Our primary focus should be to keep the 3rd seed in the East at all costs and to use our tougher schedule to give us experience for when we play the Raptors again on February 1st as these games will all surely be tough. We are still the team to beat in almost every game so I am anticipating that the Celtics will keep the 3rd seed through this stretch but a team like the Atlanta Hawks could surely get hot and make a push for our seed so we can never get too comfortable. I will be watching every game and cheering for the Celtics, we have the players and system to keep our seed and hopefully continue to push for the 2nd seed later in he season as the All Star break approaches...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:34:27 AM by Witch-King »

« Reply #732 on: January 22, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Just wanted to say I'm so happy I no longer have a Marley avatar (much as I love his music and persona) and have a Celtics Pepe (even if at the wrong part of the screen).

Hope Celtics Pepe brings us some luck.

« Reply #733 on: January 23, 2017, 04:01:16 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Regardless of the result, Marcus's steal vs Portland was a great play.

Here is a vid of it + NBA's admission that the refs were wrong

PS I wouldn't blame the refs. When a player moves his hand downwards towards the ball it is natural to 'see' it as a foul. I thought it was a foul too until I saw the replay.

« Reply #734 on: January 27, 2017, 01:28:20 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald