Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 189799 times)

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvwVc1JArjM

Joe Mazula offense in microscope

That rant is EXACTLY how I also feel watching this team.
The two superstars are dumb enough as it is. Add in a literally brain-dead coach and you have a huge cluster.
It's incomprehensible to me that players and coaches at this level are playing such bad basketball and seem oblivious to that fact.
If Brad is watching this and is not alarmed, then something is very wrong with our franchise.
The Celtics had the best offense in the NBA this year. Game 2 was terrible but can we please take a deep breath and have a memory that lasts longer than 2 days?

A long memory is the problem.  We all watched last year and are having flashbacks.

Is there a forum friendly term for people that have strong emotional reactions at the first glimpse of adversity? I think if we could come up with a common vocabulary, many would be less offended. I like snowflake, but that might be strong. Maybe something equivalent to woke?

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733

The two superstars are dumb enough as it is. Add in a literally brain-dead coach and you have a huge cluster.
It's incomprehensible to me that players and coaches at this level are playing such bad basketball and seem oblivious to that fact.
If Brad is watching this and is not alarmed, then something is very wrong with our franchise.
The Celtics had the best offense in the NBA this year. Game 2 was terrible but can we please take a deep breath and have a memory that lasts longer than 2 days?

A long memory is the problem.  We all watched last year and are having flashbacks.

Is there a forum friendly term for people that have strong emotional reactions at the first glimpse of adversity? I think if we could come up with a common vocabulary, many would be less offended. I like snowflake, but that might be strong. Maybe something equivalent to woke?

I understand your point, but for this team, the regular seasons have proved to be fool's gold more than once and the flaws they do have get exposed in the playoffs, which are simply a different animal. We have the most talent in the league which allows us to overcome bad coaching during the season. The playoffs are what us critics are concerned with and game 2 was a perfect example of our weak-minded players and incompetent coach failing us. I'm very happy the Celts came out strong and took control of game 3, but I do not trust Joe or Tatum/Brown either, for that matter. Let's both hope that I am wrong and our superior talent can win a title.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:59:08 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

Is it really an overreaction when they showed the same qeak flaws in game 2 that have led to their undoing in the past?

We changed the dynamics of the team by trading some guys away, we had hoped gm 2 celtics were gone.

It's awesome we wrecked them tonight, but that gm2 coaching and team will show its face again these playoffs. Let's hope it doesn't cost them.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410

Is it really an overreaction when they showed the same qeak flaws in game 2 that have led to their undoing in the past?

We changed the dynamics of the team by trading some guys away, we had hoped gm 2 celtics were gone.

It's awesome we wrecked them tonight, but that gm2 coaching and team will show its face again these playoffs. Let's hope it doesn't cost them.

Kinda feels like we are in an abusive relationship, then we freak out / overreact at something ... well yeah, because in the past you've messed me around.

The playoff series of the last few years have been head wrecking. Throwing away games. Making tough 7 game series out of what should have been easy wins. Losing series you should have had. So many bad moments. Choking. Turnovers. Shot selection. Defensive breakdowns. Lack of intensity. Bad coaching decisions.

Like I said, like an abusive relationship.

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Kinda feels like we are in an abusive relationship, then we freak out / overreact at something ... well yeah, because in the past you've messed me around.

The playoff series of the last few years have been head wrecking. Throwing away games. Making tough 7 game series out of what should have been easy wins. Losing series you should have had. So many bad moments. Choking. Turnovers. Shot selection. Defensive breakdowns. Lack of intensity. Bad coaching decisions.

Yes we love this team but we hate it, probebly more than even non fans do, because they’ve done some horrible things to us. So when they do the horrible thing again we lose our minds, then when they do something good we find ways to day “nah but they will mess it up again, I don’t want to open my heart to them again. Much easier to think they suck.”.

So we accentuate all the bad things they do and have done, and try to minimize the good things, because to harden our hearts to anything good they do is a way to protect ourselves emotionally…at least till they win a championship. Then we are happy…till next season when the cycle starts all over again  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

Yes we love this team but we hate it, probebly more than even non fans do, because they’ve done some horrible things to us. So when they do the horrible thing again we lose our minds, then when they do something good we find ways to day “nah but they will mess it up again, I don’t want to open my heart to them again. Much easier to think they suck.”.

So we accentuate all the bad things they do and have done, and try to minimize the good things, because to harden our hearts to anything good they do is a way to protect ourselves emotionally…at least till they win a championship. Then we are happy…till next season when the cycle starts all over again  :angel:

Win a chip and I'll  et everything this board doest react like it did for game 2 in the future. They need to prove themselves first. Until then do that, we'll keep asking if they have it.
Still don't believe in Joe.