Author Topic: Time for Doc to go.  (Read 33048 times)

Re: Time for Doc to go.
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »

Offline Celticfankb

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 17
And replace Doc with who?

Those who are complaining about our offense must note that our personnel has been  mostly of the jump shooting style since 08. You can not implement a new offensive game plan with the same personnel.

Doc is a great coach. I'm sure if he had the horses he would most assuredly put in a few wrinkles to reflect such.
KB

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2012, 08:09:02 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Those who are complaining about our offense must note that our personnel has been  mostly of the jump shooting style since 08. You can not implement a new offensive game plan with the same personnel.

Doc is a great coach. I'm sure if he had the horses he would most assuredly put in a few wrinkles to reflect such.

Nate McMillan and Stan Van Gundy are my top two available head coaching options.

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Jerry Sloan. He did wonders with Stock and Malone.

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Nate McMillan and Stan Van Gundy are my top two available head coaching options.

If I was picking between the 3 I'd go with McMillan.

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2012, 08:43:18 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Before we get rid of Doc, I'd rather get rid of Pierce and KG.

I know that might sound crazy to some, but look at the available coaches out there. Not much to pick from. This losing has nothing to do with Doc, it's about our team being full of old players who have declined too much over the offseason.

Last year Doc got credit for being a great coach, does anyone think he forgot how to be a great coach?

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2012, 09:46:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I agree wholeheartedly!

Time for Doc to go on coaching the Boston Celtics for the next few yrs.

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »

Offline Celticfankb

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 17
Replace Doc with who?

Those who are complaining about the offense should note that the offensive personnel has mostly consisted of jump shooters since 08.  In order to implement a different offensive scheme, we must have the right personnel to fit such.

Doc is a great and smart coach.  He most assuredly would add a few new plays, if he had the horses.
KB

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Doc did well starting and playing a +23 Jason Collins tonight
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

now if only collins can make some alley oops or lay ins under the basket...ya know maybe score a few buckets? :-\
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2012, 09:59:20 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Our defense and small ball just doesn't fit together. Small ball should be reserved for teams where our inside defense doesn't matter that much.

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Our defense and small ball just doesn't fit together. Small ball should be reserved for teams where our inside defense doesn't matter that much.

most of us have said that from the get go...but doc knew best!  ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

as usual... Need is the mother of all virtues ( is that how you say that)

add to my original post that I am not for a second nothing even close to a Doc fan,
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

as usual... Need is the mother of all virtues ( is that how you say that)

add to my original post that I am not for a second nothing even close to a Doc fan,

;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Doc didn't really have a ton of options with the team we had in the playoffs last year.

And if Doc had had options, we might still not know how good Avery Bradly could be or known whether Steamer could play or not.

Mike

I think the assumption that Doc never would have played Bradley is pretty ridiculous.

I think that statement is pretty ridiculous.  Bradley was forced in and so was steamer, while guys like jjj and Moore road the pine all year even during garbage time.  Holy crap does  anyone think spoelstra is a
great coach?  Prob not in his first year but they got to the finals.  Now do u think he woulda gotten anywhere without bron Wade and bosh?  The players make the team.

Bradley was forced into the lineup earlier in the year and didn't look anywhere near as good on offense as he did in the spring.

I thought the main reason for Bradley's improved play in that second spell vs earlier in the year was because Bradley (SG) got to play alongside Rondo (PG) in that second spell.

A lot of those efficient scoring opportunities - the transition hoops, the off the ball cuts, the corner three pointers. They came when Rondo was alongside Bradley. That was what generated his improved offensive play.

Playing off the ball and off an elite playmaker like Rondo put Bradley in position to make / take advantage of those opportunities.

I think defensively Bradley was very strong early in the season (as a PG) and I think offensively his performance level was very similar to how he performed late on in the season when he was on the court without Rondo. When Rondo rested. Less efficient. More dribbling. Asked to make more decisions on the ball. More long twos at the top of the key instead of cuts to the rim and corner threes.

I don't disagree with that but Bradley clearly became more confident in looking for his own offense near the end of the season.

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2012, 10:40:42 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
 This is bad coaching these guys look lost. Without Pierces heroics we get beat down hard. Doc isnt getting it done.

1) Why is Terry being reduced to a catch and shoot player? Tonight he needed a couple freebies to get on tract. No pick and rolls or backdoor screens for Jason. Instead Doc has him float out on the perimeter and launch threes.

2)Why isnt Rondo running the ball up the court? Even Tommy on air is calling Rondo out for walking the ball up the court.

3)Why does our offense always struggle to score no matter who is on the roster?

4)Doc is playing KG too many minutes. When KG misses alot of jumpers its because his legs are gone. He is working his ass off on defense and he is like the second option on offense. When Sanders dunked over top of KG i could just tell his legs were totally gone. He is all we have though so Doc is overplaying him and also Pierce. You should have played Darko and KG together to start the season Doc.

Instead we got Doc's small ball dream. Now even Ainge is saying on record we need to play different. Way to stay ahead of it DOc.

Every run ends. Time for Doc to go