Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)  (Read 78351 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)
« Reply #675 on: May 09, 2017, 01:10:14 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Because those teams don't make the playoffs? They didn't win 50 games? I mean just look at our team objectively. We're going to improve every year. Bradley and Crowder even have room for growth. Horford is the only one who will decline tbh. And by the way, there is a reason we had a meeting with Durant and signed Horford last offseason. Players will want to play here.

We'll see what happens. I still have my doubts about George. If you're only argument is that he wants to go to the Lakers because he grew up there, then that really isn't an argument. Also, he was a Clippers fan growing up. Just FYI.

If you could point out where I made this argument, I'd really appreciate it.

My argument was that I don't think all those leaks to Woj and Marc Stein happened around the trade deadline accidentally. Those guys have direct contact with player agents. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

And I am looking at our team objectively, we're good but we don't have any "young" guy on our roster with as much potential as a Karl Anthony Town or even Andrew Wiggins. Crowder's actually regressed. Avery will be an FA that offseason and will be looking to cash in. IT will also be an FA and looking at a max deal. Marcus Smart will be a restricted FA. Are we retaining those guys or letting them walk? If we keep them, we may not even have cap to go after Paul in free agency. If we don't keep them, we're pitching Paul with what?

Denver and Minnesota where two random teams I mentioned, but you could also add in the Wizards to that list. Depending on what Washington does this offseason, they could have max room in 2018. I think pairing up with John Wall and Bradley Beal would be an infinitely better situation. But again, if the leaks where true and he wants LA, then that's where he goes.

Yes those guys are saying that he wants to go to LA because he grew up there...And I don't believe it because those guys have linked Westbrook, Aldridge, Melo, Lebron, etc to the Lakers and nothing happened.

Yeah Washington could work if the can create the cap space. But you mentioned Denver and Minn, and I explained why he wouldn't be interested.

It seems like you are saying the Celtics as a team won't get better. If you don't believe in Brown as a player, which I personally do, then that is the crux of our disagreement. I think and, I believe the league views the Celtics future as bright as numerous articles have pointed out. Lowe, O'Connor, Stein, Woj, Mannix, etc. If you don't agree, then that's your perspective and I can't change your projection on the team.

Me on the other hand, I'm confident we'll be really good with or without George.

« Reply #676 on: May 09, 2017, 04:59:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Because those teams don't make the playoffs? They didn't win 50 games? I mean just look at our team objectively. We're going to improve every year. Bradley and Crowder even have room for growth. Horford is the only one who will decline tbh. And by the way, there is a reason we had a meeting with Durant and signed Horford last offseason. Players will want to play here.

We'll see what happens. I still have my doubts about George. If you're only argument is that he wants to go to the Lakers because he grew up there, then that really isn't an argument. Also, he was a Clippers fan growing up. Just FYI.

If you could point out where I made this argument, I'd really appreciate it.

My argument was that I don't think all those leaks to Woj and Marc Stein happened around the trade deadline accidentally. Those guys have direct contact with player agents. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

And I am looking at our team objectively, we're good but we don't have any "young" guy on our roster with as much potential as a Karl Anthony Town or even Andrew Wiggins. Crowder's actually regressed. Avery will be an FA that offseason and will be looking to cash in. IT will also be an FA and looking at a max deal. Marcus Smart will be a restricted FA. Are we retaining those guys or letting them walk? If we keep them, we may not even have cap to go after Paul in free agency. If we don't keep them, we're pitching Paul with what?

Denver and Minnesota where two random teams I mentioned, but you could also add in the Wizards to that list. Depending on what Washington does this offseason, they could have max room in 2018. I think pairing up with John Wall and Bradley Beal would be an infinitely better situation. But again, if the leaks where true and he wants LA, then that's where he goes.

Yes those guys are saying that he wants to go to LA because he grew up there...And I don't believe it because those guys have linked Westbrook, Aldridge, Melo, Lebron, etc to the Lakers and nothing happened.

Yeah Washington could work if the can create the cap space. But you mentioned Denver and Minn, and I explained why he wouldn't be interested.

It seems like you are saying the Celtics as a team won't get better. If you don't believe in Brown as a player, which I personally do, then that is the crux of our disagreement. I think and, I believe the league views the Celtics future as bright as numerous articles have pointed out. Lowe, O'Connor, Stein, Woj, Mannix, etc. If you don't agree, then that's your perspective and I can't change your projection on the team.

Me on the other hand, I'm confident we'll be really good with or without George.

I think the crux of our disagreement is that you're inferring things I never said.

While I don't think we have anyone coming up that is on the caliber of Karl Anthony Towns or Andrew Wiggins, that doesn't mean I don't "believe" in Jaylen. Those two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive.

3 of our top 5 guys who helped us get to 50 wins - Isaiah, Avery, and Marcus - are going to be FA's in 2018 along with George. You can't sign him and resign all of them. Realistically, I don't think you can sign 2 of that group for market value and still have a crack at George at max money. IT is going to want max money. Avery is going to be in the $18m-$20m range. If you're taking some of those guys out of the mix, you're lessening what you're selling George in FA. If you're pitch is an aging Horford, Jaylen, and picks, are you that much above the rest of the crop that you can absolutely say you're getting a meeting with George? If one of the above 3 guys is in the mix, is that enough or does that kill your cap space anyway?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #677 on: May 09, 2017, 10:24:45 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
James Harden one assist shy from a triple-double.

« Reply #678 on: May 09, 2017, 10:32:50 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
So close, Patty. So close.

« Reply #679 on: May 09, 2017, 10:39:23 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
So what happened to Kawii? He did not foul out and does not appear to be hurt.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #680 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:16 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
3 minutes gone by in OT and still 101-101. No one has scored...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #681 on: May 09, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
helluva game tonight

« Reply #682 on: May 09, 2017, 10:44:24 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Green!

I've always liked Danny Green. Lunch pail-type 3 and D wing that just goes out and does his job.

« Reply #683 on: May 09, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
must be nice to have role players that can step up in the playoffs

« Reply #684 on: May 09, 2017, 10:45:33 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
So what happened to Kawii? He did not foul out and does not appear to be hurt.
I think they said Left ankle issue

« Reply #685 on: May 09, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Rockets vs spurs is close again

« Reply #686 on: May 09, 2017, 10:50:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Not sure that Houston could've played that OT any worse. Just poor decision after poor decision.

« Reply #687 on: May 09, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Ginobili!!

« Reply #688 on: May 09, 2017, 10:57:19 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Houston’s offense in crunch time is garbage. They spend like 15 or 20 seconds doing literally nothing, and then it’s Harden either turning it over and complaining about a foul and not getting back on d, or taking a dumb contested 3. I can’t believe they can’t just function like do throughout the game. Pick and roll with Harden, and if the defense collapses, kick it out for 3. They weren’t even getting to the pick part of that in overtime.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #689 on: May 09, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Also D’Antoni runs no good out of bounds or timeout plays. They’re just lucky to get the ball in bounds. I’d love to see what Brad could do with a team like Houston’s roster.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out