Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)  (Read 77515 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017 (Thread)
« Reply #450 on: April 29, 2017, 01:27:24 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Man, the Jazz are going to lose this in 7 to a Griffin-less Clippers team. Crazy.

« Reply #451 on: April 29, 2017, 01:52:40 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Man, the Jazz are going to lose this in 7 to a Griffin-less Clippers team. Crazy.

Even the more reason for Hayward to try some green on.  :)

« Reply #452 on: April 29, 2017, 04:59:28 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

But if Hayward can't lead his team to a playoff win against the Clipper team without Blake Griffin, do we want Hayward? Does he really move the needle for the Celtics?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #453 on: April 29, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

But if Hayward can't lead his team to a playoff win against the Clipper team without Blake Griffin, do we want Hayward? Does he really move the needle for the Celtics?
Hayward did great this series. his teammates didn't show up.  its  a team game.

« Reply #454 on: April 29, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Hayward is already busting himself out but he has no IT or AB to help him...

With the Cs he will have less pressure and will get a ton of good looks due in part to our spacing.

Im good with either PG as long as he commits, or Hayward...Butler im ok as well but no way we give up the farm for him specially not AB.

« Reply #455 on: April 29, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

The Jazz are a classic treadmill team. C's are a better team now and going into the future.

« Reply #456 on: April 29, 2017, 06:31:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

The Jazz are a classic treadmill team. C's are a better team now and going into the future.

While the C's are better, the Jazz are not a treadmill team.  People really need to get a handle on that term.  Thats for teams that regularly finish in the 35-45 win range, never getting top lottery picks, but also easy outs in the playoffs for a top 2 seed.

Treadmills are flat.  The Jazz won 11 more games this year than last, the second biggest increase in the league, and the biggest jump for any playoff team.  If they're on the treadmill, so is the entire NBA. ::)

« Reply #457 on: April 29, 2017, 06:41:58 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

While the C's are better, the Jazz are not a treadmill team.  People really need to get a handle on that term.  Thats for teams that regularly finish in the 35-45 win range, never getting top lottery picks, but also easy outs in the playoffs for a top 2 seed.

Treadmills are flat.  The Jazz won 11 more games this year than last, the second biggest increase in the league, and the biggest jump for any playoff team.  If they're on the treadmill, so is the entire NBA. ::)

I consider any team with no ability to get over the hump a treadmill team. I don't see them getting any higher than maybe the 3 seed in the West. That's not entirely their fault tho no.

« Reply #458 on: April 29, 2017, 07:22:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I consider any team with no ability to get over the hump a treadmill team. I don't see them getting any higher than maybe the 3 seed in the West. That's not entirely their fault tho no.

Making this statement about the Jazz implies they are finished getting better as a team.

I don't think we've seen their peak yet at all.

« Reply #459 on: April 29, 2017, 07:27:11 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

Making this statement about the Jazz implies they are finished getting better as a team.

I don't think we've seen their peak yet at all.

I assume you think Hayward doesn't leave then?

« Reply #460 on: April 29, 2017, 07:30:21 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Please explain your definition of "ability to get over the hump."

Otherwise your statement is meaningless.

« Reply #461 on: April 29, 2017, 07:32:44 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

Please explain your definition of "ability to get over the hump."

Otherwise your statement is meaningless.

Being a legit contender.

« Reply #462 on: April 29, 2017, 07:53:02 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Hayward did great this series. his teammates didn't show up.  its  a team game.
I don't know where you're getting that. Hayward has played good, yeah, but Joe Johnson and George Hill have really stepped up as well. Rudy Gobert missed some games but the games he has played he's been excellent. This team should absolutely beat a Griffin-less Clipper team.

Hayward is a very good player. But I remain unconvinced that he's a great one.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #463 on: April 29, 2017, 07:57:13 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The m amazed Utah got beat at home and no Griffin either ...wow!  Defense?

« Reply #464 on: April 30, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Is it just me or is it hard to watch the Jazz?

There offense is basically the same EVERY TIME DOWN THE FLOOR. Always have a guy standing in each corner for spacing, high pick and roll.. no creativity. Except for those nice cuts that Hayward makes for oops it's just boring.

Current celtics basketball is SO much more interesting to watch, and that's without the goggles on.

Good luck to them though..

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.