Author Topic: Sebastian Telfair Sentenced to 3.5 Years Prison  (Read 4066 times)

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Ubelieavable

But why was he only on the trial, where are his “friends”
His car, his guns.

Re: Sebastian Telfair Sentenced to 3.5 Years Prison
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 10:43:23 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Holy moly. Is telfair a gangbanger now? So stupid. I can never understand that lack of fear.

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 10:45:40 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
how much did Delonte get when he was pulled over ? i remember at the time he was carrying a shotgun?

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 11:27:35 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Licensed in Florida with a C&C but in NY with an arsenal that included several handguns, what was called a "sub-machine gun", loads of ammo, some in high capacity magazines, with a protective vest. Discovered because he was driving under the influence with weed in the car.

In this day and age of mass shooters, why shouldn't someone illegally in possession of weapons and who admittedly transported them across state lines get a stiff sentence? The type of stuff he had in that car could easily be looked at as weaponry someone who was about to go on mass shooting might have.

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2019, 12:08:00 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592
Licensed in Florida

Off topic side note, I wonder how many athletes have residence in Florida for just taxes.

Back in 2007 when Telfair was arrested (in NY, for guns), he was driving with a suspended Florida license.  In 2007, 3 years removed from high school in Brooklyn, having only played for Portland and Boston, even a low level guy like Telfair is setting up residence in Florida, yet seems to be in New York a lot, probably pulling a Derek Jeter.

It's one thing for the big names (Griffey, Jeter, Tiger) or guys who at least played in Florida at one time (Shaq, Grant Hill) to call Florida home, but if a low level (but higher profile) guy like Telfair is doing this too by age 21, I wonder how many other players do the same. Pew research does say Florida has 5x more pro athletes than the national average, I guess I just figured it was for the mega stars, not Telfair level guys.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 02:57:34 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Why would a civilian need a ballistic vest?

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Licensed in Florida

Off topic side note, I wonder how many athletes have residence in Florida for just taxes.

Back in 2007 when Telfair was arrested (in NY, for guns), he was driving with a suspended Florida license.  In 2007, 3 years removed from high school in Brooklyn, having only played for Portland and Boston, even a low level guy like Telfair is setting up residence in Florida, yet seems to be in New York a lot, probably pulling a Derek Jeter.

It's one thing for the big names (Griffey, Jeter, Tiger) or guys who at least played in Florida at one time (Shaq, Grant Hill) to call Florida home, but if a low level (but higher profile) guy like Telfair is doing this too by age 21, I wonder how many other players do the same. Pew research does say Florida has 5x more pro athletes than the national average, I guess I just figured it was for the mega stars, not Telfair level guys.
don't need to a be a pro athlete to pull that scam.  New Englanders, especially older or more affluent ones, do it.  They register cars in Florida to avoid paying taxes as well as claim residence in Florida to avoid paying income tax. 

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 04:55:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Why would a civilian need a ballistic vest?

might be handy , when a drug deal goes down wrong  ;D

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 05:08:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
3.5 years for a gun possession charge? wow

I had a friend many years ago, now deceased,  foolish enough to get out of his van in NY city with a loaded pistol .  The police handcuffed him the split second he stepped,out of the van , they were waiting on him.   He could have got many years i understand , but i think he was paroled after about 2 1/2 years .   Anyway prision is no fun according to my friend .   He stayed in NY system, and maybe one year or so couple other states prisons to finish out his sentence ....some states take the over flow of prisoners.   He was at some lovely places .  He would write home  about his prison adventures.  NY does not play around with people who violate their gun laws . He was mighty foolish for that deed and paid the price.  Going to be school of hard knocks for this young man for a while.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:50:28 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 05:31:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Loaded guns have always been against the law in a car plus it is stupid non safe.

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 07:17:49 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Super sad. 

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 04:22:58 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I remember being so disappointed when we gave up a draft pick for him, could have had Brandon Roy.

Telfair was the one that started Danny's obsession with little PGs... Up to now Danny is still obsessed with players he is more taller than... Lol