Author Topic: Speculation: No Horford would open up room for Kevin Love  (Read 3005 times)

Re: Speculation: No Horford would open up room for Kevin Love
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:28 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Who do we get to fill the hole for Love for the 40-50 games he'll invariably miss each season?

This.

If we ended up with Love it would take a big chunk of our cap for the next 4 years potentially. He's rarely healthy. Yes it would clear up our log jam at the wing spot, but at least Hayward played more games and if he doesn't return to for this summer, we should be off the hook on his contract next year if he does the right thing and opts out.

If we do things right we can get a low max contract this year, like a Russell, and then go after some one else next season.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 07:24:44 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Who do we get to fill the hole for Love for the 40-50 games he'll invariably miss each season?

This.

If we ended up with Love it would take a big chunk of our cap for the next 4 years potentially. He's rarely healthy. Yes it would clear up our log jam at the wing spot, but at least Hayward played more games and if he doesn't return to for this summer, we should be off the hook on his contract next year if he does the right thing and opts out.

If we do things right we can get a low max contract this year, like a Russell, and then go after some one else next season.

“Does the right thing and it’s out”

Respectfully, that is a fantasy my friend.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 07:33:27 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

This.

“Does the right thing and it’s out”

Respectfully, that is a fantasy my friend.

I think part of Haywards head space issues is he knows how much he's getting payed and how much he was producing. You could see the frustration on his face, so I think he's aware of it.

There have been players that have done this to help the team, were he could opt out and sign a lesser long term contract that would be more fitting for a bench player. But this is all depending on if we get close to Utah Hayward or last season Hayward.

And if it's about money, he's dabbling in the video game field, where he probably will make a ton of money seeing how it's booming right now. Plus he could do color work, good speaker/pretty face. He's one of the guys you don't worry about after basketball.

So yeah it's a long shot, but not nessarely out of the question of possibility.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 07:40:12 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I thought we drove the stake the heart of this rumor... guess we missed.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 07:51:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pass, he is soft and does not play D.

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 07:55:19 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Just why????

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Ha now this was an idea that was absolutely reviled.

Last things I'll say about it is this.

1. I agree with some of the posters that a Love trade would be a suitable engine to move up in the draft. Love + #5 for Hayward + 14 + Future Pick would be a great deal if you ask me. Love may not be everyone's favorite but Love + Garland or DeAndre Hunter would be an infusion of talent into this roster.

2. I really don't want to go back to the days where the big man rotation was unclear. Not knowing which big should be starting between Sullinger, Olynyk, Zeller led to a wonky rotation where we were always forced to play small ball. Love may not be a world beater but he would solidifying force in the big man rotation similar to how Horford was.

We could also trade for Capela to accomplish this smoothed out rotation.

3. Kevin Love was on the floor in games 7 of the NBA Finals. I have no idea if DeAngelo Russell is actually good. Nobody seemed to want Julius Randle last summer. Vucevic has played at an all star rate for exactly 1 year of his career.

Kevin Love may not be the player that we're hoping but I know what I'm getting with him when he suits up so I would trade for him + the 5 pick over signing Randle or Vuc.