Author Topic: Bender insider article  (Read 9430 times)

Re: Bender insider article
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2016, 03:28:44 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Do we know anything about Bender's planned workout schedule?

I think that his season ends within the next week or two, so he should be over here shortly after that. As far as I know, he does not have any workouts scheduled.
So he's playing right now still, any video of his recent games like in the past couple weeks or so?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2016, 04:05:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Do we know anything about Bender's planned workout schedule?

I think that his season ends within the next week or two, so he should be over here shortly after that. As far as I know, he does not have any workouts scheduled.
So he's playing right now still, any video of his recent games like in the past couple weeks or so?

His league's rules require three young Israeli's to be active ahead of him.  Since his team is in the playoffs, they can't afford to waste an active roster on Bender at this time, so he's not playing unless there's an injury.

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2016, 04:24:09 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Buddy has a lower ceiling than any of the other potential top 5 guys due to his advanced level of development. 

So Hield is no good because he's already good?  ;)

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2016, 05:46:06 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
"Most of the international scouts I've spoken with think Porzingis is a better prospect"

Is it possible you could be any more annoying in regards to a player you've barely seen play? The conviction without cause is numbing.
Likewise to you as well. Advocating an unknown prospect at #3 is bound to be a bust.

Please don't confuse "not known or to you" with "unknown."  The Celtics have two, full-time international scouts, which is the same amount of full-time college scouts they have.  Dragen Bender is a player that has been known of in international scouting circles for at least 3 years.  I am quite certain that the Celtics scouts have seen him play in numerous games.  Additionally, they will have undoubtedly been to several practices for his teams, and talked to numerous players, coaches, and other scouts about him.  They will have done this for multiple years, to see how he's progressed over time, both in terms of adding to his strengths and lessening his weaknesses.

I am not qualified to say whether or not the Celtics should draft Bender at #3.  But I am qualified to know that you are not qualified to pass judgment.
TP. This is something Denis does not get

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Is Bender going to work out for the C's?  I know he was still playing for his overseas team at the moment. 

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2016, 05:58:11 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'm very glad people are coming round to Bender. He had a lot of hate before the lottery but I think in large part that was because people were not aware of his body of work.

His motor, his footwork, his shot mechanics, his size are all big plusses in the modern NBA. His body will fill out like most prospects, his rebounding will pick up as his body becomes more confident, in increased m minutes he will show his passing and his intellect. A great rim runner and only 18.

I would like to package the pick for Okafor first, I think he will be a dominant player is this league. But if not Bender is the best pick available

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2016, 08:35:50 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm very glad people are coming round to Bender. He had a lot of hate before the lottery but I think in large part that was because people were not aware of his body of work.

His motor, his footwork, his shot mechanics, his size are all big plusses in the modern NBA. His body will fill out like most prospects, his rebounding will pick up as his body becomes more confident, in increased m minutes he will show his passing and his intellect. A great rim runner and only 18.

I would like to package the pick for Okafor first, I think he will be a dominant player is this league. But if not Bender is the best pick available

The assist totals don't do him justice. Bender is a fantastic passer, and his passing ability really sticks out when you watch him.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2016, 08:38:52 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I want the guy at #3 who has the highest upside. Bender seems like a riskier move but also seems to have the highest ceiling. With so many picks, I think it makes sense to make the high-risk/high-reward selection. We can package the #16, #23, #31 together and try to move up a little and grab a safer pick or add a vet and we'll get immediate help that way.

But it's not very often we get an opportunity this high in the draft. I'd rather see the team make a big swing. I think that's Bender.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008