Poll

Who do you take 4th. Simmons Ingram and Bender are gone.

Jaylen Brown
16 (20%)
Jamal Murray
15 (18.8%)
Buddy Hield
38 (47.5%)
Henry Ellenson
3 (3.8%)
Kris Dunn
3 (3.8%)
Jakob Poeltl
5 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Poll: Who do you Take with the 4th pick Today  (Read 9650 times)

Re: Poll: Who do you Take with the 4th pick Today
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 09:59:11 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm a big fan of Murray. He is already a dead eye shooter, great at running off screens and a crafty one on one scorer. Murray is only 19 and has a world of potential.

Buddy might be better now but I see much higher upside in Murray because he's already shown similar ball handling and shooting to what Hield did as a Senior.

The big knock on him is that he's not supposed to be athletic. But with with him having a 39.5 inch vertical, I have a theory that dribbling the ball slows him down and with work his athleticism will shine through (similarly I think he can learn to defend).

I would pick Poeltl despite it not being a populate choice but in the ideal situation I agree the pick should be moved. The way I think this draft will tier out the mavs pick 12-15 range will not be that much weaker a prospect then #4, I persoanlly am growing in the ideal of moving the nets pick if not 1-3 for Okafor.

I wouldn't pick him at 10 let alone 4.  Sabonis dominated him and exposed him.
Judging a prospect by one game is more often than not a mistake. He looked really good and showed potential in many games before that.

I wouldn't pick him until 7 at the earliest but one game against Sabonis doesn't kill his stock.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Hield is a good kid. Competitive fire along with being well mannered.

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Judging a prospect by one game is more often than not a mistake. He looked really good and showed potential in many games before that.

I wouldn't pick him until 7 at the earliest but one game against Sabonis doesn't kill his stock.

Poetl is poorly suited for CBS system.   You don't take this into account.  He does not have a lot of range.   This is what I was implying but you assumed I judged him on one game.  He is a bit soft too.

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Poetl is poorly suited for CBS system.   You don't take this into account.  He does not have a lot of range.   This is what I was implying but you assumed I judged him on one game.  He is a bit soft too.
You mentioned Sabonis exposed him, that implies that the Gonzaga game changed your opinion.

His other games showed that he can lead a top notch defense from the 5 spot. He doesn't have range yet but he can score in the pick & roll and transition. Once his body fully develops he could be the best true 5 we have had in a long time.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:33:29 PM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 10:40:21 PM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Hield and then Brown.

Brown has the most potential as a pro, but Hield has the work ethic and proven shooting needed in today's NBA.

Does this poll assume that Bender has been taken 3rd? because I'd put him on this list for sure.

Yes it does Chambers. If you look at the fine print it assumes that Simmons,Ingram, Bender are all gone.

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 05:40:56 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
It's so typical that we will likely have the 4th best lottery odds at seasons end. So we can say "who would we pick at 4?" Yet actually the odds are stacked against us drafting at 4!
So we're left in limbo with the chances equal between top 3 gold or 5-7th disappointment.
And we'll have to wait til lottery night to find out! At least phx can say they are very likely to be top 4 and can focus in on that.

Anyway I'd select Brown with the 4th pick. There are definite concerns around him and he's likely gonna take a few years to make a significant impact but he has the higher ceiling of those left and he's been considered a winner for most of his basketball life.

Hield has been playing great this year but I don't see the same physical peak from him as from Brown and I believe Brown can develop a D Wade type game in this league

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 09:05:18 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'm a big fan of Murray. He is already a dead eye shooter, great at running off screens and a crafty one on one scorer. Murray is only 19 and has a world of potential.

Buddy might be better now but I see much higher upside in Murray because he's already shown similar ball handling and shooting to what Hield did as a Senior.

The big knock on him is that he's not supposed to be athletic. But with with him having a 39.5 inch vertical, I have a theory that dribbling the ball slows him down and with work his athleticism will shine through (similarly I think he can learn to defend).

I would pick Poeltl despite it not being a populate choice but in the ideal situation I agree the pick should be moved. The way I think this draft will tier out the mavs pick 12-15 range will not be that much weaker a prospect then #4, I persoanlly am growing in the ideal of moving the nets pick if not 1-3 for Okafor.

I like both Poeltl and Murray. I voted for Poeltl, but it could go either way. Poeltl is a better offensive player than people give him credit for - he's really good at taking advantage of good position underneath, which is an underrated skill for big men compared with the sexier things like hitting 3's, turnaround J's, fancy countermoves. It's easy to see him developing into a real two-way player. Murray I think is a strictly better prospect than Hield. They're in a similar mold, but Murray has better tools, he's wayyyyy ahead of where Hield was as a freshman, he's got better PG skills, and he's likely to develop into a better shooter. If he stayed in college 3 more years, it's hard to see how he wouldn't be even more dominant than Hield. He does project as a defensive liability at first, though.

Another guy that I would consider at this spot is actually Demetrius Jackson, who DX has at #11. He's a ridiculously athletic PG with a great jumpshot (81FT%) and he can really guard with pristine footwork + insane lateral quicks. However, we don't need another PG, so I'd take  Poeltl.

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2016, 09:38:15 PM »

Offline tomrod

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26
Bender if he drops. Otherwise, Ellenson.

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2016, 09:38:49 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Hield and then Brown.

Brown has the most potential as a pro, but Hield has the work ethic and proven shooting needed in today's NBA.

Does this poll assume that Bender has been taken 3rd? because I'd put him on this list for sure.

Yes it does Chambers. If you look at the fine print it assumes that Simmons,Ingram, Bender are all gone.

My bad  ???

TP for covering all bases. Would be interesting to see how many people would take Hield vs Bender if they were both there at #4
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2016, 10:11:09 PM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I like both Poeltl and Murray. I voted for Poeltl, but it could go either way. Poeltl is a better offensive player than people give him credit for - he's really good at taking advantage of good position underneath, which is an underrated skill for big men compared with the sexier things like hitting 3's, turnaround J's, fancy countermoves. It's easy to see him developing into a real two-way player. Murray I think is a strictly better prospect than Hield. They're in a similar mold, but Murray has better tools, he's wayyyyy ahead of where Hield was as a freshman, he's got better PG skills, and he's likely to develop into a better shooter. If he stayed in college 3 more years, it's hard to see how he wouldn't be even more dominant than Hield. He does project as a defensive liability at first, though.

Another guy that I would consider at this spot is actually Demetrius Jackson, who DX has at #11. He's a ridiculously athletic PG with a great jumpshot (81FT%) and he can really guard with pristine footwork + insane lateral quicks. However, we don't need another PG, so I'd take  Poeltl.

Loco I was taking a closer look at Murray, and he doesn't give a [dang] on the Defensive end, that alone dropped him from the Nets pick consideration.

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2016, 10:41:31 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Brown. Absolute man child. He is raw but so are most guys his age. He is a gamble I'd take.
Dunn could be a gem too.

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
nm
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 04:12:10 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Well if Thon Maker manages to get in on this draft I'm 100% taking him at 4. Or if he goes 3 then we get Bender. Either way I'd be very happy!

Edit: Just watched the DraftExpress video  :-\ I'll just go sit at the back...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:32:15 AM by TheSundanceKid »

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 07:29:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Thon

Tall and mean ......something lacking since KG left.

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 08:11:46 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
if we get brown and thon and stone with this draft i would be thrilled