Author Topic: Randle is our pick  (Read 12275 times)

Re: Randle is our pick
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
would take Gordon over Randle.  Gordon's D will translate well in the NBA and has the athleticism to step in right away to help in that regard.  Randle, while he may have an excellent motor, plays horrible D. 

IMHO, I think if we get the 5th pick, it's more likely to be traded on draft night or very soon thereafter.  the Sac deal is a possibility.  Mclemore and Sac's pick for the #5.   Take a shot on a SG that might actually be able to shoot and maybe pick up Vonleh with the Sac pick. 

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 10:19:48 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Randle has less than zero defensive skills, I mean he's bad, bad.  and do we really need more bad defense considering our current roster???  the Celtics have forgotten the meaning of defense.
This would be a wasted pick.  we need to take a chance and coller Embiid at all expense!!!

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I will be disappointed if we have to take Randle. He's redundant. Just another shrimp for our front line, and we'd have to trade one of Sully, Randle, or KO. I'd prefer to either take a chance on Vonleh who has NBA length, Smart who will make a solid NBA guard or trade down. After the top 4 (Including Exum here), I'm actually more excited about the crop of guys projected in the teens early twenties than some of the 7 - 12 picks.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
I'd be thrilled with Randle as our pick. He's top overall pick material in any other draft. We'd be extremely lucky to get him with the 4th or 5th pick. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up on at least a couple of all star teams, and I don't say that about a lot of guys coming out.

It would be awkward having 4 PF's next year (Randle, Sully, KO, Bass) but would think that Danny could use one or two of those guys to lure in a rim protector (Something I keep saying this team desperately needs) like Sanders or Asik, preferably Asik considering the remainder of his contract is expiring and they could sign him for less after the 14-15 season.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 11:10:15 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I expect a Paul Milsap type career out of Randle. Or maybe some sort of Faried/Landry hybrid. That'll be a good, solid NBA player, but he'll be another 3rd - 5th option on a contender.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 11:16:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Randle is the BPA you have to take him.

Then, the decision has to be made about who has to stay and who has to go from the likes of Sullinger, Bass, Randle, and Olynyk.

Me, I trade KO and Bass in an attempt to get a real center and keep Randle and Sully as the PFs.

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 11:24:23 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Theoretically it is impossible for Randle to be the BPA because he is not in the top 10 of the Celtics' draft board, and our first pick is in the top 10.  I personally would not take him with our Net's (18th) pick, even if he slid that far.

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Theoretically it is impossible for Randle to be the BPA because he is not in the top 10 of the Celtics' draft board, and our first pick is in the top 10.  I personally would not take him with our Net's (18th) pick, even if he slid that far.

The Celtics draft board is common knowledge?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Randle did not impress me at anypoint during the tournament. I would be dissapointed with Randle.

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If Randle is the BPA you have to take him.

Then, the decision has to be made about who has to stay and who has to go from the likes of Sullinger, Bass, Randle, and Olynyk.

Me, I trade KO and Bass in an attempt to get a real center and keep Randle and Sully as the PFs.
I was surprised you wanted to keep Randle until I remembered you often-stated dislike for KO.  I'd rather keep KO is better defensively, a better passer and has a better offensiver repertoire.

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 12:31:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

The Celtics draft board is common knowledge?

No, just assuming that Danny Ainge has already concluded there are ten eligible draftees who are going to be better pros than Julius Randle.  I am puzzled as to why anyone still considers him in the top 5.  I don't doubt there are a few NBA teams/evaluaters who may rate him in the 5-10 range, but strongly doubt Ainge is one of them.

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 01:12:32 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Exum dominated a US team that included many players that you are projecting to go ahead of him. Smart is an Amazing athelete. Randle is an average NBA player. He might start some day; but his upside is limited by his lack of size. Exum is a complete package with a much higher ceiling. Think Durant-like dominance.

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 01:50:43 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
i wouldn't be thrilled with landing Randle. i hope he's not the bpa by the time we draft (if we even keep the pick at that point).
- LilRip

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
Randle has looked so bad on D during the last couple of games it isn't even funny.  He doesn't have good natural def instincts, and I am not sure his bbiq is very good.  I would say no, trade down if he is the bpa unless DA knows that he can make a deal for a rim protector from another team.  I feel Sully and KO have more upside and more ability to become better players.

We need a rim protector and a stud wing player that can score.

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I happen to think Randle has way more upside and is currently a way better player than Olynyk. That's why I would keep Randle over Olynyk.