Author Topic: Let the LesterFest begin!  (Read 13854 times)

Re: Let the LesterFest begin!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
stat line with a minute left in the game.  26 minutes 23 points 7 rebounds and 6 assists.   If he played say 35 minutes he could have a triple double.   Game is tied now.  Could go into overtime so he may have his chance at.   

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 09:31:18 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Nice come from behind win...I wasn't crazy about all the long shots, but that's just me.  I really thought it would take Lester a game to get comfortable playing in Maine, but it only took him 3 quarters.  If the goal of sending him to Portland was to get him some playing minutes, mission accomplished.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
They should blow this Erie team away next game. Hudson had some mental errors; but often because people were not where they should have been. D league players like to set picks but are not so good with the roll. Perhaps he can get more into the flow next game. Some nice passes that we simply not handled well.

Am sure someone can do something with the Pick and roll / lobster roll ....

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

8)

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 01:20:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Nice come from behind win...I wasn't crazy about all the long shots, but that's just me.  I really thought it would take Lester a game to get comfortable playing in Maine, but it only took him 3 quarters.  If the goal of sending him to Portland was to get him some playing minutes, mission accomplished.

Absolutey! I personally hope they do this a lot more ... I would love to see him giving the Claws a boost, and honing his game in the process ... it benefits everyone involved ... and it's nice to have a "name" or two here in Portland, boosting our new franchise. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 03:36:03 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Absolutey! I personally hope they do this a lot more ... I would love to see him giving the Claws a boost, and honing his game in the process ... it benefits everyone involved ... and it's nice to have a "name" or two here in Portland, boosting our new franchise. ;)

Exactly, there's a lot of Celtic fans that would go to the games just because of Billy and Hudson. It's real nice, as a Celtic fan first and foremost to be able to see these guys play up close and in person.

This team is so far, surprisingly good. 6-1 early in the season is a good sign, I'm smelling playoffs! A championship would be great, too... No, no.. nevermind I'm getting carried away.

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 03:57:14 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Exactly, there's a lot of Celtic fans that would go to the games just because of Billy and Hudson. It's real nice, as a Celtic fan first and foremost to be able to see these guys play up close and in person.

This team is so far, surprisingly good. 6-1 early in the season is a good sign, I'm smelling playoffs! A championship would be great, too... No, no.. nevermind I'm getting carried away.

Billy is freaking awesome ... I will be shocked if he does not become a star in the NBA .... but I also hope he stays with the Claws a while, (guess I can't have both, though, huh?) (TP)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 05:34:40 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Billy is freaking awesome ... I will be shocked if he does not become a star in the NBA .... but I also hope he stays with the Claws a while, (guess I can't have both, though, huh?) (TP)

A lot of people have soured of my man, Billy Walker but I gotta say, I still have high hopes for him. He has all the tools, really only needs to work on fouling less and maybe his jumpshot a little. If he can avoid injury, he'll be a player.

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 08:16:29 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Lester looks like he can play.  He's very confident for a rookie.  Too bad for him that it's so difficult to crack the rotation of a championship contender.  I think he'd have averaged double figures on one of our bad teams from a few years ago.  He's gotta be better than Palacio and Telfair.  Hopefully Lester the Lobster can get a few rotation minutes when he joins Rasheed Walrus and the rest of the C's.

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 08:25:55 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Rock Hudson + Lobster Hudson = Rock Lobster?

+ + =

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 10:36:38 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Lester could be even more dominant playing against Erie again tonight, since it'll be just his second game with the Claws.  Then on Saturday he should make mincemeat of the Knicks' first-round selection, Kyle McAlarney.

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 02:17:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I understand the love of one of our own but "Billy is freaking awesome ... I will be shocked if he does not become a star in the NBA"?

I don't know Bahku. He hasn't shown me anything against NBA talent except for the knack to mistime jumps trying to perform a spectacular put back slam. I sure hope by shocked you mean surprised and not like having hundreds of volts of electricity being run through you. I would much rather you be surprised WHEN Walker not only doesn't become a star but is out of the league shortly rather than being tazered. I hear being shocked that way really hurts.  ;) ;D

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 02:22:44 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
He's young, and he plays young.  Lots of fouls, lots of turnovers, lots of highlights.  Once he matures and learns how to play, we'll find out what we have in him.  The intelligence and the intensity give us a fair bit of hope, I think.

Also, it's worth noting that he hasn't had an offseason to work on his game since he's been here.  He was hurt - both summers. 

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He's young, and he plays young.  Lots of fouls, lots of turnovers, lots of highlights.  Once he matures and learns how to play, we'll find out what we have in him.  The intelligence and the intensity give us a fair bit of hope, I think.

Also, it's worth noting that he hasn't had an offseason to work on his game since he's been here.  He was hurt - both summers. 
OH MY GOD!!! It's the Tony Allen defense!!!   :D

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 09:19:41 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
It is becoming very clear why Doc is a supporter of Lester Hudson.  He can score or set up plays for others.  He is obviously a cut above Developmental League, but is he NBA quality yet?  To find that out, he needs minutes...I hope he gets some soon so we know...good or bad...and can make adjustments for later in the season when we will need a back up point guard.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!